Royal Suite on Radiance of the Seas

We just got home late yesterday and you will love the Royal Suite! It can easily spoil you. Everything worked great and we had the best cabin steward, Mohan!

Sounds awesome. I have a couple quick questions, how many guests were in the room? We have four and I am wondering how was the storage space, and was there more than 1 safe? Thank you in advance.

Sounds awesome. I have a couple quick questions, how many guests were in the room? We have four and I am wondering how was the storage space, and was there more than 1 safe? Thank you in advance.

Serenade only had 1 safe.

We were only 2 passengers

She has a really long walk in closet that goes behind the bed, 2 doors

Plenty of drawers

2 bathrooms, 1 obviously nicer than the other

Dining table only seats 4

Sofa bed is adequate.

Personally I would not put 4 in it, not a fan of having folks sleeping in the living room.

Maybe kids, because I can yell at them to get up or go to bed

Serenade only had 1 safe.

We were only 2 passengers

She has a really long walk in closet that goes behind the bed, 2 doors

Plenty of drawers

2 bathrooms, 1 obviously nicer than the other

Dining table only seats 4

Sofa bed is adequate.

Personally I would not put 4 in it, not a fan of having folks sleeping in the living room.

Maybe kids, because I can yell at them to get up or go to bed

Can't find any photos of the Radiance Royal suite but I did read somewhere that the Radiance only has 1 bathroom. I knew they were different cabin numbers but Serenade must also have a different layout to the Radiance.I wonder why or if what I read is true?

Edited by Jasp 0401

John&LaLa answered some of your questions and even though they were about Serenade I know you are wanting to know about Radiance. The Royal Suite on Serenade is designed differently than Radiance even though they are the same class. It does not have the big closet they were referring to. That was the one thing I did not like. The closet space was small, the one small safe was in an awkward place in the closet. There are a lot of storage drawers and shelves but they are spread all over the suite which was a little strange. After about the 5th day we finally got the hang of where everything was! I think the sofa made out in to a bed but I would not recommend 4 adults staying in the suite. 2adults and 2 kids maybe. There is only one bathroom but it is split, toilet and sink in one and huge steam shower, spa tub and double sinks in the other but there is a connecting door between the two rooms.

Can't find any photos of the Radiance Royal suite but I did read somewhere that the Radiance only has 1 bathroom. I knew they were different cabin numbers but Serenade must also have a different layout to the Radiance.I wonder why or if what I read is true?

Let’s see if this works! Here is a link to photos of it.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Radiance-of-the-Seas&cabin=1558

Thankyou

Looking at the balcony photo.It looks like it can be opened up to the suite next door.Is this corect as my sister has the suite next door.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Thankyou

Looking at the balcony photo.It looks like it can be opened up to the suite next door.Is this corect as my sister has the suite next door.

No I don’t think it can and an odd thing is there are two balcony’s, one off of the living room and one off the bedroom and the divider between the two does not open.

No I don’t think it can and an odd thing is there are two balcony’s, one off of the living room and one off the bedroom and the divider between the two does not open.
Serenade had a door from the bedroom, but it was one big balcony. Three doors total.

Foyer, Bedroom, Living room

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Serenade had a door from the bedroom, but it was one big balcony. Three doors total.

Foyer, Bedroom, Living room

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wonder why there are so many differences between the Royal suites on the same class ship.

Thanks for the room info everyone. It is my myself, my wife, our son and my MIL. The two of them have bunked together in the Star Loft on Harmony with no issues, so they can do it again on Radiance. Lisa and I will have the bedroom.

My MIL has tagged along with us on numerous trips so privacy and space is no concern to us. I think we will pack our hanging shelf organizer for just in case. As for the safe, we don’t lock our devices and cameras away so it will only be ID, jewelry and money.

I have seen some videos of the Radiance RS with the split sliding door in the washroom. The fact that my MIL and son shower at night also help. When we booked last fall it was either the RS or the 2 bedroom GS/OS and they looked even tighter except for the extra bath. I figure worse case scenario someone can run up a floor to use the public washroom. :)

One would think that for the price you pay for the Royal Suite they could at least include free dining at the specialty restaurants! Oh well, I know we will enjoy the 10 days which includes 5 sailing days!

Agreed. Or, at least a beverage package, free Wi-Fi, and/or included tips. On Royal ships below Quantum class, there are few, if any, extra perks. Other than square footage, not much else comes with higher-end suites. The same amenities that accompany a Royal Suite also come with a Grand Suite and you'll spend a few thousand $$ less. Neil

Vancouver is beautiful, you will enjoy it.

This will be our first time there. Any suggestions for dinner that night. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown (a short walk from the cruise port).

This will be our first time there. Any suggestions for dinner that night. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown (a short walk from the cruise port).

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle the last time we were in Vancouver and are staying there for a night after our May 25th Radiance cruise. The buffalo wings in the lobby bar are excellent!

Just a warning, our room was on a very high floor facing the harbor and we were unaware of the 9 pm cannon firing at Stanley Park each night. The first night it freaked me out because the noise kind concussed against the windows of our room and I thought there had been an explosion near us.:eek::o We looked out the windows, trying to see what happened and saw the lights of a vehicle pulling away from the area where we had seen the cannon in Stanly Park earlier that day. A little googling found that it is fired each night at 9 pm and we were able to see the cannon flash the next night since we knew what to look for.;p

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle the last time we were in Vancouver and are staying there for a night after our May 25th Radiance cruise. The buffalo wings in the lobby bar are excellent!

Just a warning, our room was on a very high floor facing the harbor and we were unaware of the 9 pm cannon firing at Stanley Park each night. The first night it freaked me out because the noise kind concussed against the windows of our room and I thought there had been an explosion near us.:eek::o We looked out the windows, trying to see what happened and saw the lights of a vehicle pulling away from the area where we had seen the cannon in Stanly Park earlier that day. A little googling found that it is fired each night at 9 pm and we were able to see the cannon flash the next night since we knew what to look for.;p

Oh my! Thanks for the warning! I will be watching for it now! :halo: