Cruising on carnival as a vegan review

cruisingfor5

I've never heard a person in America say vegans don't eat anything that poops, has veins or eyes. I think you guys are like a lot of my vegan friends.

I'll start off by saying that I'm glad they are vegans because they are helping to end pain and suffering in the world. However they get into being a vegan for misguided reasons or don't fully understand what it means to be a vegan. I've actully got a "vegan" friend who sees nothing wrong with having leather seats! Another friend BOUGHT a designer dog. Another friend had her daughter's birthday party at a freaking zoo! I mean they are real looney tunes, but they don't eat anything with a nervous system which can react to external stimuli and command mobility and thus they are vegan.

Bacteria poop and so do shrimp. Shrimp aren't fish. I eat bacteria and shrimp, but don't eat fish. I'm a vegan.

Let me be clear also, I'm not trying to come off as some high and mighty person who you all should aspire to as some guru or role model. I could definitely live a more sustainable lifestyle. But I do think I'm a pretty good role model for how to live vegan and reduce suffering.

but you're the same person who wants to take his/her kids to a cock fight in Puerto Rico (see San Juan boards).....

but you're the same person who wants to take his/her kids to a cock fight in Puerto Rico (see San Juan boards).....

Who are you to judge my parenting or life skills? FACT: Roosters naturally fight and have ALMOST no agricultural "use" so the fighting roosters are actually living their best life compared to their cousins who get incinerated, shredded, frozen or crushed when they are a day old. While I wouldn't do it personally, I don't have a problem with people who hunt or fish and consume what they eat because they are carrying out human's ecological niche and the animals who are the victims have lived a normal life. The roosters and white tail deer live a more natural life than the animals in zoos or feed lots. Further, who are you or I to judge another culture. You sound like a real xenophobe pal.

• 3 months later...
Who are you to judge my parenting or life skills? FACT: Roosters naturally fight and have ALMOST no agricultural "use" so the fighting roosters are actually living their best life compared to their cousins who get incinerated, shredded, frozen or crushed when they are a day old. While I wouldn't do it personally, I don't have a problem with people who hunt or fish and consume what they eat because they are carrying out human's ecological niche and the animals who are the victims have lived a normal life. The roosters and white tail deer live a more natural life than the animals in zoos or feed lots. Further, who are you or I to judge another culture. You sound like a real xenophobe pal.

Troller keep trollin'.

• 5 months later...

1) You can order pizza 24 hours a day with no cheese and unlimited toppings AND can bring vegan cheese on board to add to it.

I was wondering if I could have them add vegan cheese if I brought it. This is a game changer !!! Can you tell me if the dinner rolls are vegan, Ive had them pre-vegan and i work in a bakery, so I'm thinking yes but would like to know for sure, cause i could seriously just be happy eating bread at dinner, it was always my favorite part. Also did you find out if the bagels are vegan...thinking of bringing tons of vegan cream cheese :0)

I went on my first cruise as a vegan three weeks ago on carnival. Dining room was amazing but the rest was aweful. Next to nothing to eat during the day. Staff at buffet were not very helpful. Going on RCL next year I hope they have more options. I don't need a lot but oatmeal every morning with under ripe melon for breakfast was tiring by day 5. And lunch...... forget it. I hope they start to take dairy and eggs out of items that don't need it in them.

Guys has a good veggie burger

and you could eat lots of things at the Cantina. I am also plant based and survived a week eating on carnival :)

Hiya!

I just got back from Carnival Horizon and had a great time onboard... and food was pretty darn good, I have to admit. Better vegan provision than I have had on Royal Caribbean in the past.

(You'll find my RC food photos/horrors on vegancruiser.co.uk)

I haven't posted my Carnival blog post yet but I found plenty to eat. MDR breakfast has oatmeal, avocado toast and curried lentil crepe thing, but it was a bit much so never ate that so early in the morning. One of the sous chefs at the Lido buffet would occasionally get me the MDR avo toast so that I didn't need to go down to the MDR for breakfast. Soy & almond milk was available too. Bring your own vegan spread, dairy-free cheese and deli slices and keep them in the fridge if you need them...

I found that on most morning's I would end up in the Blue Iguana queue with a veggie burrito in my hand. Veg fillings with hash browns.. various sauces. I couldn't get a comprehensive answer to whether guagamole (in squeazy bottle) had milk/dairy to make it squeazeable so I stuck to salsa.

Guy's veggieburger is vegan.. just as for no cheese, may, no butter in bun. Deli counter in the lido does a falafel wrap - just ask it without tsatsiki and feta. Lunchtime we also had Mongolian Wok and Italian pasta place to eat in (upcharge in the evenings). No vegan wok sauces, just soy, so I took two sachets of vegan wok sauce with me and chefs were happy to cook with them.

Pizza place in the lido, open 24h, had no vegan cheese, obv, but v little veg. I had to take some from the buffet and they would make one with my buffet veg and vegan salami & cheese. I was told mushrooms in the pizza station were fried with butter so I stayed clear of them.

MDR I always preordered my meals the night before, looking to see if there was something on the next day's menu that was easily veganisable. Indian vegetarian option is generally vegan if without raita.. but I didn't have to stick to that. Even got better desserts than on RC. My Vegancruiser FB page has a few photos from the start of the cruise - blog post up hopefully this weekend.

Beer brewed at own inhouse brewery (Pig & Anchor) at Vista & Horizon is vegan too - just saying ;)

I lived at Guys and the Cantina, took tons of banana's back to my room to snack on... I managed to not starve :) Guys has a great veggie burger, you just need to ask for it :) The fruit was not edible, hard, not ripe (but it was also January)

Also crusing as a vegan :)