Maple Cream Liquior

Labmom3

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good liquior store close to ship in either Halifax, Nova Scotia or Saint John, New Brunswick. We love Canadian Maple Cream liquior and can't find it close to home. Thinking of stocking up on a few bottles while we are on a Canada/New England Cruise.

Also, has anyone been to the Ironworks Distillery in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, it looks like an interesting place with different liquior.

Thanks

Edited by Labmom3
additional question

Cabot Trail brand is available in both provincial liquor store chains; Sortilege only in Nova Scotia. Any other brand, you are S.O.L. I'm afraid as there are no private liquor stores in either province (a few rural ones are licensed in NS where there are no official stores available, but sell the same set of products), just wine-only private stores IIRC.

Check the liquor board websites (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick) for locations and opening hours - depending on your day/time of port visit, you might have several viable options or none!

No, I've checked all the local liquior stores and I live in PA where we are not allowed to have liquior shipped to us. I did find, if anyone else loves maple cream, a distillery in Boston, Boston Harbor Distillery, which makes their own maple cream. I'll try to find it when we are in Boston. And also a distillery in Portland, Maine which makes a blueberry liquior. Since the kids are grown and left home we like to try unusual liquior in unique martinis on the weekends.

I am assuming for the New England/Canada cruises you can bring back liquior but it is held for you till the night before getting off ship. We have only in the past brought liquior back from Caribbean.

No, I've checked all the local liquior stores and I live in PA where we are not allowed to have liquior shipped to us. I did find, if anyone else loves maple cream, a distillery in Boston, Boston Harbor Distillery, which makes their own maple cream. I'll try to find it when we are in Boston. And also a distillery in Portland, Maine which makes a blueberry liquior. Since the kids are grown and left home we like to try unusual liquior in unique martinis on the weekends.

I am assuming for the New England/Canada cruises you can bring back liquior but it is held for you till the night before getting off ship. We have only in the past brought liquior back from Caribbean.

Yes...same policy holds true regardless of itinerary. Best of luck finding exactly what you're looking for and hopefully it makes it home safe in your luggage...any concerns you might want to use "Jet Bags or Wine Diapers" they work great.

There is in Saint John liquor store outlet on the opposite corner of the Loyalist House near the Old stone church and half a block uphill from the City Market. Their site anbl.ca has an inventory of what each store carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk