How is the weather? Leaving June 1st

royalfan1

Hi all,

Getting ready for our trip on June 1st to Canada and New England. How is the weather? Looks like it might be foggy and rainy? I have never been to this part of the country before, very excited to see but not sure what to pack. I plan on layers but not sure if fleece jacket or jean jacket will be warm enough? Are the seas ok? We booked a scenic cruise in Portland so I wonder if it might get cancelled due to small craft advisory.

Thanks for any help!

Janine

Going on same cruise/same time... Adventure? I was wondering the same thing... One of my co-workers is from Bar Harbor... she said June can be tricky... could be 78 during the day but it could also be very foggy/rainy... she suggested to bring layers (as you were planning) to strip down if necessary, but to also bring rain jackets and a thicker (light) coat, if is cold to wear under the rain poncho! LOL... I know is not too much help, but that is what I've been told... I already went to the dollar store and stacked on rain ponchos and planning on packing shorts but also jeans and umbrella! LOL....

Yes Adventure! So excited. I am from California so I am thinking the weather is similar to here right now. Foggy, cool. cold ocean. I just read on another group that the seas were a bit rough. I have my seasick patches I wear. Won't be the Caribbean lol!!Now should I even bring a swim suit? lol - much time by the pool?

New England can be hit or miss that time of year. Plan on cooler nights and hopefully warmer weather during the day. If you’re just tooling around Portland Harbor you should be okay. I get awfully sea sick on smaller boats and the harbor cruise didn’t bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in the NE area, it's very pleasant this time of year. In June we start to hit temps in the 70s and 80s. Seas will be ok, but be aware of when the tides are if planning on visiting he beach. Layers won't be needed, but you can bring light jackets. At worst, the weather is rainy here, and it's very rarely foggy. Bring your swim suit!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Forums mobile app