What to do in montego bay Jamaica besides ocho Rios and dunns falls?

• 2 weeks later...

Montego Bay is some distance from Ocho Rios and each is a separate port of call. Dunn's River Falls is in Ocho Rios.

There are river rafting excursions available in both that are interesting.

Check out the forums for each for excursion suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a raft trip down the Martha brae river. It provides a lazy but beautiful tour of some hidden countryside. The bamboo raft has a bench seat to hold two people as your guide poles you downstream..

• 1 month later...
Some of my ideas for Montego Bay

Hip Strip and Dr Cave beach. There is a new Usain Bolt restaurant there and also a cool weed dispensary. Make sure you visit one of the great houses or all of them). Rosehall tour is amazing and there is a new movie coming up about it.. Bellefield great house has one of the oldest sugar plantation. ********* Great house has very pleasant environment. Visit Rastafarian village for the cultural tour. Ras Natango art gallery and gardens, great place with spectacular views. Rockland bird sanctuary if you like birds, great opportunity to feed colibri from your own hands. There is rafting also close by and small village. Millbrook camp for caves and maroon town tour. There are still free beaches around, one of them is dead end beach and if you come close to the airport you would see planes landing right over your head. It is One of the few places in the world that have that opportunity to see planes so close it was featured on few Travel TV shows. Visit downtown, there is a museum there at Sam Sharpe square and also a beautiful church nearby, many people visit craft market, fruit market, great way to try nice street food. Few really cool places to eat there. There is also a great place to see the view of Montego Bay and take stunning photos, i can send you directions. In addition, there is also very awesome organic farm right in Montego Bay and there is no entrance fee. It is bit hard to find as it is not marked on the maps. You can see how lots of animals and unique fruit trees grow. For more luxurious experience you can visit Half Moon Hotel for drinks and live band. There are also great hikes around Montego bay. There is a hiking group and couchsurfing group that organize activities almost every week. You can message me and I will let you know if we are doing anything. For nightlife, go to Pier 1 wed or friday. And margaritaville is there daily, but best days to visit are Thur (ladies night) amd Saturday. Some people also travel to Falmouth for Luminous Lagoon (not accessible for cruiseship passengers as it is a night tour), Marta Brae rafting and safari and Green Grotto Caves and some other very cool places around like Dornoch. Also Negril day trip is a great option or Roaring River. My list is endless. I can send you a full brochure that i give to my guests if you want.

You seem like a wealth of information and I thank you in advance. We'll be in Montego Bay on a Wednesday in September from 9:00 - 6:00. I'm wondering if you think it's possible to go see the Croydon Plantation and take a tour to the Blue Hole in one day?

• 4 weeks later...