We will be on Radiance for the first Alaska cruise of 2018!

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be on Radiance Soutbound leaving 6/22 after 10 days on land (DIY with much assistance from an outside company).

Have a great trip, thanks again for offering to check out stuff for the rest of us, and looking forward to everything you have to share!

We too are sailing Southbound on the Radiance on 6/22 after doing a 5 night pre-cruise tour through RC. This will be our first time sailing on the Radiance. We did, however, sail on the Serenade of the Seas last year, and I have heard they look the same. Is that correct?

Judy

I have taken notes of all questions and will try to answer them all. We flew into Vancouver yesterday and looking forward to getting on the ship tomorrow. We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Our room overlooks the cruise terminal so hoping the Radiance is docked on the side we can see in the morning.

I have taken notes of all questions and will try to answer them all. We flew into Vancouver yesterday and looking forward to getting on the ship tomorrow. We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Our room overlooks the cruise terminal so hoping the Radiance is docked on the side we can see in the morning.

And lots of weather reports please! I’m having a crisis about packing!

Have a great trip!, and thanks for taking time to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We too are sailing Southbound on the Radiance on 6/22 after doing a 5 night pre-cruise tour through RC. This will be our first time sailing on the Radiance. We did, however, sail on the Serenade of the Seas last year, and I have heard they look the same. Is that correct?

Judy

Radiance and Serenade are sister ships. Some differences in extra cost food venues. Radiance has shower curtains in the non-suite staterooms and Serenade has the shower doors.

Noooooooo! Well that is my whole cruise ruined! LOL!

it is a bummer. No matter what I do to try to keep the shower curtain from enveloping me never really works as well as I wish. I so prefer the glass doors!

it is a bummer. No matter what I do to try to keep the shower curtain from enveloping me never really works as well as I wish. I so prefer the glass doors!

There's a curtain?! This will be my time on Radiance. Would love cabin pics (and any ship pics)

There's a curtain?!

LOL, that's exactly what I said to my wife when I read that (my first time on Radiance as well). She cruised as a kid and has been on older "curtain ships" before. Her advice is to lay a towel or two around the outside edge of the shower to soak up any water that may escape.

LOL, that's exactly what I said to my wife when I read that (my first time on Radiance as well). She cruised as a kid and has been on older "curtain ships" before. Her advice is to lay a towel or two around the outside edge of the shower to soak up any water that may escape.

That was my thought too, i.e. to put a towel around the outside of the shower in case any water gets out of the shower.

The shower curtain doesn’t thrill me either. I much prefer the door. Guess we’ll just have to struggle through. Lol.

See you onboard 6/22. Hope you are not too worn out from your land portion!

Dorothy

I am on the Explorer's 5/25 sailing, but am wondering if the menus in MDR (and food served in WJ) is any different than the Caribbean routes, given that it is much cooler, if you happen to have a chance for any menu pics or reports back on food options. Thanks - have an amazing time!

I will be on Radiance on May 18th as well! I'm so excited!! I've been planning this cruise for over a year now and I can't believe it is almost here.

We will be staying in Vancouver one night before the cruise and then plan on staying in Alaska until Tuesday after the cruise. We are going to head to Denali after we take the morning train from Seward to Anchorage.

Part of me wishes that we would have picked the southbound cruise because of the long journey home, but I'm just happy to be going to Alaska. If we like it, maybe we will try southbound next time.:D:D

I too will have the cruise compasses and menus, as well as anything else we receive and plan on posting them. I'm seriously thinking about doing a review for this cruise. I haven't done one yet on any of my other cruises, but always wanted to. There was so much information to gather for Alaska that it was kind of overwhelming. I have learned a lot on these boards and I would love to be able to share it with everyone and help other future Alaska cruisers.

I agree with the others. Please do a trip report. I know they represent a lot of time and work, but they are so awesome when finished. Have a fantastic time, too!

I started a new thread Radiance of the Seas Alaska Northbound, May 18, 2018 with answers to some of the questions and some photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was not able to find your thread that you mentioned above. Can you provide a link to it so that it will be easier to find? Thank you.

Judy

• 3 weeks later...