Category 6 Ocean View Cabin

BuddyR

I'm a veteran Celebrity cruiser (Elite Plus) and am seriously considering the November 2018 transatlantic on the Pursuit. Do the cat 6 ocean view cabins on deck 4 have sofas in the cabin? Also, would I be eligible to request the $398 category upgrade should one become available? Would my Azamara loyalty number be the same as my Captain's Club number or do I have to call Azamara to set that up?

Laura

Your Captains Club number is also your LCV number, no need to call and yes you can apply for the upgrade. There is a link to the request form on the LCV section of the website..

Can’t answer the sofa question as we recently booked our first AZ cruise.

I have had Cat 6 several times. There is no sofa or table, just desk and chairs. It is a smaller cabin, but adequate for one person. I have had two in the room and we were fine. The lifeboat may block the view. A few cabins have a better view. And yes, you can request the upgrade, but may or may not get it, I have never been given it, even though I filled out the form

I have had Cat 6 several times. There is no sofa or table, just desk and chairs. It is a smaller cabin, but adequate for one person. I have had two in the room and we were fine. The lifeboat may block the view. A few cabins have a better view. And yes, you can request the upgrade, but may or may not get it, I have never been given it, even though I filled out the form

There are tables and either sofa or chair in cat 6 oceanview cabins on deck 4, but no lifeboats in the way. Lifeboats are on deck 6. OP asked about deck 4. Don't know if all cat 6's on 4 will have sofas. Looks like four of them are marked to have sofa beds.

I think you are talking of the category 08 cabins on deck 6. Those are smaller and sideways on with obstructed views.

The category 06s on deck 4 are standard size and do have a sofa (they are more like a love seat and not as big as on Celebrity) and table except for those on the plan marked with a square as having a sofa bed. These are actually chairs that convert to a single bed. I'll put a couple of photos below.

One other thing. Being far forward you will get noise from the anchor and bow thrusters and on a ta potentially a lot of movement and crashing of the waves on the hull too. I favour the category 05s further back on that deck. The cat 06s are mostly under the show lounge so you may hear noise from shows if you aren't at them or rehearsals/sound checks.

*Note, these soft furnishings comments hold true for Journey and Quest and I'm assuming no changes being made to Pursuit, but it's a possibility.

Phil

20269a8951e9200461d8c3634f35130e.jpg470c2d4584291ad437daf1a6489298d2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you are talking of the category 08 cabins on deck 6. Those are smaller and sideways on with obstructed views.

The category 06s on deck 4 are standard size and do have a sofa (they are more like a love seat and not as big as on Celebrity) and table except for those on the plan marked with a square as having a sofa bed. These are actually chairs that convert to a single bed. I'll put a couple of photos below.

One other thing. Being far forward you will get noise from the anchor and bow thrusters and on a ta potentially a lot of movement and crashing of the waves on the hull too. I favour the category 05s further back on that deck. The cat 06s are mostly under the show lounge so you may hear noise from shows if you aren't at them or rehearsals/sound checks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I had seen Phil's advice before we booked our first Azamara cruise--he is spot-on in his assessment of the category 6 cabins on deck 4 with the noise from the anchor and the Cabaret Lounge. For our second Azamara cruise we chose a category 5 near the lobby, but then received an LCV upgrade to a balcony. For an ocean view cabin, we plan to pay the extra for category 5.

Thanks for all the replies. One more question...this time about the inside cabins. Are there love seats in these cabins? From the deck plans, most insides look like they may be "sideways" cabins. When I search for images I find several that do have love seats.

Laura