MSC Lirica or RC Rhapsody of the sea?

paisley1370

I am looking at a Greek/Croatian itinerary. Ive narrowed it down to Royal Caribbeans Rhapsody of the Sea or MSC Lirica. Heres the catch.... the RC one only has oveanviews available while MSC lirica has suites..... but the suite is wayyyy cheaper than the RC oceanview. Im seeing mixed reviews on the Lirica and i dont know which one to pick! I keep thinking...."the msc suite is much cheaper for a reason". What is it? Im a english speaking ,non smoker and would be traveling with a 3 yr old. Help, please! Thanks

Last July we travelled on Rhapsody of the seas , hmmmmm not a good experience we nick named it Crapsody of the seas . since then we have booked 2 more on MSC including Lirica for next May

So I would Say MSC

Last July we travelled on Rhapsody of the seas , hmmmmm not a good experience we nick named it Crapsody of the seas . since then we have booked 2 more on MSC including Lirica for next May

So I would Say MSC

What was wrong or bad? Please explain.

I have done the Rhapsody Greek Isles cruise and loved it. I cannot compare it to MSC since I haven't sailed them yet, but I had no issues with Rhapsody. I have a review of the cruise in my signature (fair warning, its long!).

What was wrong or bad? Please explain.

Cabin small, old , Service very hit and miss, with some very rude and ignorant bar men , main dining room food fair taste wise but very lukewarm . Buffet very chaotic food mediocre . Entertainment the worst ive ever seen our local pub has better entertainment

total dumbing down of dress code many shorts and flip flops in main ding room on formal might , ladies sitting in swim wear on stools during the evening in the bar , (not the pool bar inside bar)

Day time entertainment very holiday camp

Overall service , food and entertainment was very poor

Drinks very expensive , photographs very expensive compared to MSC It was my 3rd with RCI and Im not sure I would book again price wise its not as good value as MSC

You say you are travelling with a 3 year old is it just yourself and your child?

Cabin small, old , Service very hit and miss, with some very rude and ignorant bar men , main dining room food fair taste wise but very lukewarm . Buffet very chaotic food mediocre . Entertainment the worst ive ever seen our local pub has better entertainment

total dumbing down of dress code many shorts and flip flops in main ding room on formal might , ladies sitting in swim wear on stools during the evening in the bar , (not the pool bar inside bar)

Day time entertainment very holiday camp

Overall service , food and entertainment was very poor

Drinks very expensive , photographs very expensive compared to MSC It was my 3rd with RCI and Im not sure I would book again price wise its not as good value as MSC

You say you are travelling with a 3 year old is it just yourself and your child?

Thanks for your option. We will be on the Rhapsody then on Sinfonia next month as a B2B, but on the 2 ships. Will provide our reviews. Been on RCI and MSC many times. Each have their pluses and minuses.