Children's activities on port-intensive cruises?

ennjay

We're cruising on the Spirit this summer in the Mediterranean with our 7-year-old twins, and it's a very port-intensive cruise -- a port every day, NO sea days! It sounds like the Splash Academy only operates formal activities on sea days (and just a more minimal "port play" -- babysitting?? -- on port days). Does that mean we can expect very little by way of children's activities/Splash Academy fun on this cruise? We are thinking of skipping a couple of the ports or just taking a few hours to walk around in a few of the ports (or on 1-2 of the days, we don't arrive at port until later in the day, like 1:00), and were wondering if the kids would be able to participate in fun activities on board for them during the times we stay on board.

Has anyone done a port-intensive cruise like this on NCL with kids, who can tell me what's available for them? Is there an active kids' program on these cruises?

Thanks,

Jenn

The kids club is fine on these type of cruises. It is open during the day on port days, although as you say there are times when they take them to dinner so you don’t have normal access at these times.

However, the club closes totally at times during the day on sea days, so you probably get more hours open on port days.

Of course, the club is often less busy when in port as people are off the ship. Whether that is good or not depends on the child. Our son used to enjoy these quieter times.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure your kids will have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven't done our cruise yet but will be doing the W. Mediterranean next May. Only one sea day. I took a look at the Splash Academy that actually Keith posted in 2016 - and there seems to be a lot of kids activities on port days, which is great. They serve lunches and dinners for a fee on port days (in 2016 - $6 per child). Keith's link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/um8v3n25t1jg5k7/Splash%20Academy.pdf?dl=0