CUBA - Norwegian SKY- Almost “LIVE” with Sungirl! April 23-27, 2018

KCSungirl

I have a question for you regarding lunch at Great Stirrup Cay. Is lunch included, or is there an extra charge? I am confused because I was looking at the pricing of the cabanas and it says that the price includes a $50 credit towards the cost of food on the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People use the $50 credit towards the purchase of shrimp platters etc. Things that can be ordered from room service like if you were having a party. It is just a benefit to offset the cost of the cabana. Passengers from ships other than the Sky have to pay for their drinks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Thank you! I'm booked on the Sky June 4-8, same itinerary. What a great review and I am terribly sorry for your Havana/Cuba experience. I am glad to know there is Trivia. Also, that there is a white party. My S/O was asking and we couldn't find anything on either one of those. I'm glad we didn't book Le Bistro, but we have booked Cagney's.

From one KC to another. Lol

We were off to Bermuda on NCL Escape while you were doing Cuba . I wouldn’t like to do Sky again, but hubby is looking at Carnival to get to Cuba.

Did you feel safe, welcome? Besides your trip into the countryside with gangstas....lol.... I haven’t started researching, but we love beaches and dancing, and I would own a classic car if I could.....With AC :cool:

Are there people pushing thier wares on you like Jamaica?

Love staying in Negril but would never go there on a ship.

Thanks!

Thank you for the review. Helping my get excited. We will be on the Sky to Cuba July 23. We booked the walking tour of Old Colonial Havana through NCL. I'm thinking of canceling and exploring on our own. Normally don't do cruise line shore excursions. Too expensive. enjoy exploring on our own better.

Hope we make it to GSC, if not we will enjoy another day on the ship.

Thank you for the review. Helping my get excited. We will be on the Sky to Cuba July 23. We booked the walking tour of Old Colonial Havana through NCL. I'm thinking of canceling and exploring on our own. Normally don't do cruise line shore excursions. Too expensive. enjoy exploring on our own better.

Hope we make it to GSC' date=' if not we will enjoy another day on the ship.[/quote']

We used Havanajourneys for a full day tour - half walking & half driving in a vintage car. Total was 100 CUCs for 2 or 3 people. They tailor the tour to what you want to see. Thought it was a great deal.

Thanks for your great review...my daughter and I are going to Cuba on the Sun in a few weeks and we booked the Vinales Valley tour ! Looking forward to this even the bus ride.....LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When are you going?

We used Havanajourneys for a full day tour - half walking & half driving in a vintage car. Total was 100 CUCs for 2 or 3 people. They tailor the tour to what you want to see. Thought it was a great deal.

That does sound like a great deal. I definitely will be looking into it. Thank you so much for the info.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going on the 9 day trip on the Sun with stop in Havana next month . We booked the sail away outside guarantee for $409. Wow. We were assigned immediately a cabin (unlike Princess) to the bowels of the ship as well. Thanks for advice 46 yrs, we will separate the beds,

Does the hop on hop off bus take u.s. dollars? We are trying to avoid converting CUCS. We do have some left over euros whicj I understand has a better exchange rate.

From one KC to another. Lol

We were off to Bermuda on NCL Escape while you were doing Cuba . I wouldn’t like to do Sky again, but hubby is looking at Carnival to get to Cuba.

Did you feel safe, welcome? Besides your trip into the countryside with gangstas....lol.... I haven’t started researching, but we love beaches and dancing, and I would own a classic car if I could.....With AC :cool:

Are there people pushing thier wares on you like Jamaica?

Love staying in Negril but would never go there on a ship.

Thanks!

I am on this page because we just booked our first NCL Cruise on Joy next October because it ports in LA the day before Carnival Legend leaves LA for our Panama Canal cruise. We just cruised Carnival to Cuba from Tampa August 18. We loved it so much I wrote my first review. We had wonderful private tours! Check it out if you wish—Paradise Havana-Style. I need to do lots of reading to be ready for all the differences between cruise lines but am excited to try something new!

Sent from my iPad using Forums