Serenissima

sailoruk

• 3 weeks later...

Avoid this ship at all costs. It's seriously old, most of the cabins are tiny and weirdly configured, the decor throughout is gruesome, the food is average, house wines are vinegar. If you are considering a cruise on this ship I urge you to book one of the top four suites, executive suites I think they are called. We had one of these and it was OK and had a balcony. The ship is on a permanent charter to the UK company Noble-Caledonia who market the ship as quirky or characterful. It isn't, it's terrible. We did a two-week Caribbean cruise two years ago from Cuba to Antigua. The ship has some wonderful itineraries but I'd never go back on that ship again.

Look at post 309 and 310

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10703-k4552701-o300-The_ALL_NEW_Noble_Caledonia_Discussion_Thread-Cruises.html

Edited by Fletcher

• 2 months later...

Having read various reviews about Serenissima. so Glad we took the opportunity to sail and have a wonderful trip and see fabulous places.

Following is our adventure :-)

Have recently returned on a cruise aboard Serenissima. On initially reading various reviews etc. was slightly concerned. Yes she is an old ship which we knew. She is definitely quirky and no "cabins" are alike. We were fortunate in having one of quite a decent size, choosing a twin over a double knowing that we would have more space, which we most certainly did. The bathroom was very acceptable, except for the curtain, which did get in the way, and the soap shelf, which we had removed ( we kept on knocking our elbows on it) . Did see one or two other cabins, and felt ourselves lucky on our choice.

The crew were exceptional, nothing too much trouble and within our boarding, our names and likes and dislikes soon found out.

The food was wonderful, a good choice for me, who is rather fussy. We like the open dining , chatting to different passengers makes for interesting meal times. Was very surprised on how many passengers had sailed on her quite a few times.

Our trip with Noble was brilliant, if rather hectic, we knew we had stops every day barring one, and we didn't want to miss out on anything (our choice). A very good lecturer on various subjects about the area. The coaches, local guides etc. cannot find fault. Yes maybe we would have liked a bit more free time ashore, but we felt this is a good taster and could return to any of the stops on our own at same later stage .

Once or twice, it was rocky, not sure tho if I would cross a big ocean on her, but for cruising along coasts with wonderful stops, food etc. no problem. Any questions, I would gladly answer.