Epic Mediterranean Cruise - Tips

Vertigirl99

I have done this cruise several times now on Epic, but the ports have varied between Marseille, Cannes and Palma de Mallorca.

What I found was that after 3 very intensive days in Italy, the French/Spanish ports are an opportunity to relax. I enjoyed wandering around Cannes and buying fruit from the covered market to eat on a bench overlooking the seafront. I still haven't managed to see Nice (we arrived the day after the terrorist attacks) but I did not think Monaco was all that interesting. My memory of Palma is going to the top floor of the El Corte Ingles department store which has a cafeteria with a superb view of the cathedral.

I am also a fan of Barcelona Day Tours. I have used them for a half day tour with drop off at the ship and a full day tour including Monserrat on a Saturday. They have always been extremely professional and the guides full of interesting information.

Did Umberto guide u round Pompeii too or just get u there and back?
No, but he set us up with a lovely young lady. I believe we paid her 100 Euro. There were 7 of us, so that wasn't too bad. Like Umberto, her English was great and she seemed to know every detail about how the people lived back then.