Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

Do you think they reduced the bids if no one took the first offers, as your minimums are less than the other poster?

The really weird (to me) part is that, the day after my friends got the offer, X dropped the price of a W (suite guarantee) to less than the minimum bid amount from A1 to S. We thought about it for too long and some other lucky person got the two that remained.

Can anyone post a screenshot? (just cover up/avoid anything specific to your booking/link)

From what's been written, it sounds like they are using plusgrade, who handle a lot of the upgrade offers, especially for airlines.

Did those who have received a Move Up email use a TA or booked with Celebrity? I'm wondering if it makes a difference.

We booked two cabins with a TA and both my wife and I are elite and my wife got the moveup offer direct from Celebrity. I didn't get anything. :):):)

What is your current class/category? I'm A1 on Summit June 27 sailing. Just got the email. It says minimum bids are sky suite 400, celebrity suite 600, royal suite 900.

I’m in A2. Our sailing is now sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can I check to see if my cruise is sold out?

There are sites that show available cabins. One starts with Sea. Sorry cannot give full name since it a TA in Germany. You can also call your TA to find availability.

Thanks! I checked and the only rooms available are the inside staterooms. It looks like the price is considerably lower than when I booked, so I sent an email to the best price guarantee folks. I'm not hopeful but figured it couldn't hurt to try.

I was one that took the bait. We sail June 16th on the Equinox and got the email yesterday. I actually laughed and said sure I will take a PH for $1400. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary by renewing our vows and this our lifetime big deal of a super splurge by getting the Royal Suite. Our first Celebrity cruise and I am pretty certain we won't get it for the minimum bid.

Is the $1400 total or pp to go from the Royal to the PH?

This cruise is far from sold out especially if you want a balcony or OV.

Not sure which cruise you’re on. Mine is on again/off again sold out. As of a moment ago, there is one balcony cabin left and a guarantee OV on Celeb’s website. Probably because someone paid an extra $2000 to “move up” to a suite. Bum deal there.

Can anyone post a screenshot? (just cover up/avoid anything specific to your booking/link)

From what's been written, it sounds like they are using plusgrade, who handle a lot of the upgrade offers, especially for airlines.

Correct, the URL is upgrade.plusgrade.com

moveup.thumb.jpg.590aee51d548575a9fad2957adc5093e.jpg

Is the $1400 total or pp to go from the Royal to the PH?

It’s per person, so for an extra $2800 above what they’ve already paid, this couple could have their offer accepted and wind up in this suite for their anniversary.

Not sure which cruise you’re on. Mine is on again/off again sold out. As of a moment ago, there is one balcony cabin left and a guarantee OV on Celeb’s website. Probably because someone paid an extra $2000 to “move up” to a suite. Bum deal there.

I'm on Summit June 27th cruise. You are most likely on another cruise. I just saw someone post that they were on the 6/27 cruise on your post. The 27th cruise shows lots of availability and several have reported move up offers. It will take a major reduction in price for that cruise to fill. Sadly the price continues to rise in spite of availability and I haven't been able to move up without losing benefits.

One should be aware that any offer made by any cruise line is for the benefit of the cruise line. Same can be said about offers from many, many businesses. They use terms like "selected" to make one feel special. This is a very old game.

Agreed. Same as this whole "bidding" process. "YOU'VE WON"! You've WON nothing. You paid for it and paid more than the guy who came in second place.

You can check to see if you your cruise was eligible if you wanted to here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Eligible Reservations on Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Solstice within 30 days of departure date. Other ships coming soon.

We would be happy to “bid” for an upgrade on a transatlantic as there are no perks offered. To upgrade from Aqua to any Suites gives you all drinks in Michaels Club and the Luminae restaurant.

I do not believe drinks are free in Luminae...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can check to see if you your cruise was eligible if you wanted to here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Eligible Reservations on Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Solstice within 30 days of departure date. Other ships coming soon.

Seems like a very fair new process. Basically anyone on the cruise can submit an offer. I really cannot understand why anyone would be opposed to such a process. IMO it is much better than the old random process. Now everyone can participate or not participate. I will check it out when my cruise is in the 30 day window.

This doesn’t work for me. When I fill in the blanks and then click submit nothing happens. Is anyone else able to get it to work?

Are you on one of the eligible ships and within 30 days of departure date?