Norwegian Sun Bahamas 3 Day, May 2018 -- Dailies Scans included

adjensen

• 2 weeks later...

Although everyone had unlimited drinks, this definitely wasn't a "Booze Cruise"

I just got off the Sun and remembered reading this quote before I left and it made me chuckle while on the ship. I guess now that summer is here, the demographic has drastically shifted from your sailing. Our sailing had an interesting, ummm, “clientele” (‘Merica and Bud Light) and it was the epitome of a booze cruise. Still a great time, but there were certainly some families and older folks who were not prepared for what they got themselves into.

Detailed review to come.

CruisingNole, were you just on the SUN from May 28 – June 1 Key West/Havana cruise? Because I was, and I’d have to say I have a completely different perspective. I’d have to agree with the “It was no Booze Cruise” assessment. To the contrary, my husband and I were both (happily) surprised to find a definite lack of drunks. We did most all activities – Sail Away party, Karaoke, different parties in the Bliss, hanging out by the pool – and, other than a dumb heckler at the comedian’s show, and a couple uninhibited dancers at the White Hot Party, we never really saw anyone I’d classify as inebriated. For us, anyway, it was the most mature, enjoyable crowd we’d ever cruised with. And super friendly – we met so many nice people!

If we ARE talking about the same cruise, this is certainly an interesting example of perspective! :D

CruisingNole, were you just on the SUN from May 28 – June 1 Key West/Havana cruise? Because I was, and I’d have to say I have a completely different perspective. I’d have to agree with the “It was no Booze Cruise” assessment. To the contrary, my husband and I were both (happily) surprised to find a definite lack of drunks. We did most all activities – Sail Away party, Karaoke, different parties in the Bliss, hanging out by the pool – and, other than a dumb heckler at the comedian’s show, and a couple uninhibited dancers at the White Hot Party, we never really saw anyone I’d classify as inebriated. For us, anyway, it was the most mature, enjoyable crowd we’d ever cruised with. And super friendly – we met so many nice people!

If we ARE talking about the same cruise, this is certainly an interesting example of perspective! :D

We did the Fri-Mon Bahamas itinerary. Obviously that's going to be a completely different demographic on the ship vs a Mon-Fri Cuba cruise considering working adults only need to take off 2 days from work, assuming you live within driving distance to the ports (most people did).

Although everyone had unlimited drinks, this definitely wasn't a "Booze Cruise"

I just got off the Sun and remembered reading this quote before I left and it made me chuckle while on the ship. I guess now that summer is here, the demographic has drastically shifted from your sailing. Our sailing had an interesting, ummm, “clientele” (‘Merica and Bud Light) and it was the epitome of a booze cruise. Still a great time, but there were certainly some families and older folks who were not prepared for what they got themselves into.

Detailed review to come.

I was on this same cruise, and I will say I had the same reaction. One of the servers in the MDR actually commented to us that this is now a 'booze cruise.'

We're from Boston, one of what I feel the few that weren't within driving distance of the port. We knew to come in with a different expectation that we would from our other cruises, and had a blast. If we had the opportunity to go away without our kids again, I would book it. It was perfect for a quick, easy weekend getaway.

I was on this same cruise, and I will say I had the same reaction. One of the servers in the MDR actually commented to us that this is now a 'booze cruise.'

We're from Boston, one of what I feel the few that weren't within driving distance of the port. We knew to come in with a different expectation that we would from our other cruises, and had a blast. If we had the opportunity to go away without our kids again, I would book it. It was perfect for a quick, easy weekend getaway.

I feel sorry for the unsuspecting families that will be on the August 24 sailing. Orlando Pub Crawl has reserved a block of rooms and have named the event "The Endless Bar Cruise 2018." The "booze cruise" theme will be taken to a whole new level.

Some folks are going to be in for quite the surprise.

I was on that cruise, and I saw no one misbehaving, not even us. :) But seriously, I've seen more annoying people on a Celebrity cruise. We had a great time. We had to fly in as well, but chose this cruise as my daughter could just drive and meet us there, as we have done in the past on RC's Majesty out of Port Canaveral. I'm going to write a review but haven't had the time since our 12 hour travel day yesterday. IMO, the only thing to fear going on this cruise is the food in the MDR. Very bad.

IMO, the only thing to fear going on this cruise is the food in the MDR. Very bad.

We had to send back one of our lunch entrees on day one because it was inedible. So going forward I had the bar set low to avoid disappointment. And it wasn't just a one-off bad luck situation. We ate in the MDR for breakfast, lunch and dinner, for every meal the entire cruise (except lunch on day 2 and day 3 as MDR was closed). There wasn't a single "wow" dish like you experience on other ships. Without the open bar, I would have felt like I got cheated out of my money, to be honest.

Also - you all remember the infamous construction cruise - they CLOSED OUR BALCONIES FOR HOURS on one of the days to be out there PAINTING THEM... so you couldn't go in your room, unless you just needed to grab something... WHAT??? I'm waiting to get my Irish up for that email to them lol.

• 1 month later...
I feel sorry for the unsuspecting families that will be on the August 24 sailing. Orlando Pub Crawl has reserved a block of rooms and have named the event "The Endless Bar Cruise 2018." The "booze cruise" theme will be taken to a whole new level.

Some folks are going to be in for quite the surprise.

Was just booked on this cruise yesterday! Didn't know about the booze cruise..ugh