I need some help. Me and my wife aren't prudes but we will have our young kids with us. We enjoy the beach and snorkling. What beaches should we avoid in the western Caribbean if we don't want to expose our young kids to thongs or topless women. Thanks in advance.

You will have to look hard to find that type of attire on a western Caribbean cruise. It is not something that you should worry about. The only place I have seen thongs or topless women is at AI adults only resorts. You are more likely to see thongs on the ship than ashore.

The only public nude beach I've heard of is in St Maarten. The southern side of Orient Beach is clothing optional.

Check your itinerary through the cruise ship online. It should give you a heads up if clothing is optional or not.

Thanks. I was as little worried about Grand Cayman but found out it is against the law there. Belize will be snorkeling, Roatan will probably be the free beach and Cozumel will be a beach day/snorkeling. At least that's the latest plans. Thanks for the responces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We saw a lot of them in St Martin and i have seen pictures of them in Aruba.

Never in Mexico have i seen them.

We've been to Cozumel several times and have spent beach time at both Mr. Sancho and San Francisco Club. In each there were women sunbathing with their tops off (front up). It didn't seem to be against the rules and I never noticed anybody trying to stop them, nor did it seem like anybody was paying too much attention.