Does Tampa port have free parking like Port Canaveral?

ryano

I have searched and searched this forum and the only thing I can find on this is about 5 years old and its still a little unclear about Tampa.

I am just trying to figure out if Tampa has parking like Port Canaveral does where they let vehicles equipped with lifts or hand controls park for free.

We are arriving in Tampa the day before the cruise and will be staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza........They have free parking and a free shuttle to the port but if Tampa allows free parking for equipped vehicles I would just as soon park at the port so we dont have to wait around after the cruise. We have a 9 hour trip home that day.

Thanks for any help..........I guess I could just call the Port Authority and ask :o

I have searched and searched this forum and the only thing I can find on this is about 5 years old and its still a little unclear about Tampa.

I am just trying to figure out if Tampa has parking like Port Canaveral does where they let vehicles equipped with lifts or hand controls park for free.

We are arriving in Tampa the day before the cruise and will be staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza........They have free parking and a free shuttle to the port but if Tampa allows free parking for equipped vehicles I would just as soon park at the port so we dont have to wait around after the cruise. We have a 9 hour trip home that day.

Thanks for any help..........I guess I could just call the Port Authority and ask :o[/quote

oops... I thought I had it but wrong port. This is what I found on Tampa port site.

Special parking needs can be assisted by calling the Tampa Port Authority Cruise Parking Operations at (813) 905-5072

Edited by Size 17

We parked at Tampa and although it was not free, they did a very reasonable valet parking and parked the car in a disabled bay, so not too far to collect it when we got back. It was much better than waiting for the shuttle as we were away very easily.

Enjoy your cruise

I have a toll Exemption and have a lift equipped minivan. My tag is a disabled veteran tag.

Parking was NOT free, every other Florida port and airport have been free. Not sure how Tampa gets away with it.

Sherry

• 7 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but the website for the Port of Tampa shows this for disabled parking being free:

Toggle AnswerIs parking free for disabled?

For any vehicle with modifications i.e.:

• Foot Controls
  • Hand Controls
  • Extended Pedals
  • Wheelchair Lift
  • Wheelchair Ramp
  • 100% Disabled Veterans

This is in the FAQs on the https://www.porttb.com/parking website. I did have to argue with the lady at the booth about my power wheelchair lift on my truck and they didn't let me in until I asked to speak with a manager. Never did hear from a manager, but I think that they are counting on people not knowing their rights and just giving into paying instead of forcing the issue it seems.