Martini bar with classic drink package

Mapleleaf5

The Martini bar is where we hang out all of the time - I love their range! But they do have a menu and all the Martini's are set prices, so I don't think they could make you one cheaper than the price. Mostly they are $10 to $12 from memory, can't quite remember.

However, I have read many times that if you order a more expensive drink than your package allows, you then just pay for the difference.

Edited by BrusselsGirl07

The martinis are above the price allowed in the classic package, and there's really no way to reduce them to cover the lower cost. Just order what you want and then you'll be charged the price difference.

No, you'll need the premium package to include the martinis. $10 more per day, but that'll cover virtually all your martinis!:D

And if you order a more expensive drink than the $12 limit on that package, you just pay the difference.

That option is not available on the classic package:(

I thought that you would only be able to have the difference charged when you bought the Premium package- when did they make this change?

As far as I know, you pay for the full drink if it exceeds the Classic package.

Kitty 9 and I were posting about the same time, so I missed that one!

I'm sorry, but the only package available on our cruise a couple of weeks ago that would allow you to pay the difference was the premium. I asked the Bev/ Mgr. directly to be sure.

I had the classic, but was told I'd pay full price if I went over the $8 limit.

I happily upgraded to enjoy the entertainment (and 20 Year Martini) at the Martini Bar!

I read on the CC boards that they would make a smaller one or not use premium alcohol. It also said you can get less expensive martinis at the other bars.

Just wanted to get my facts straight before my cruise.

Thanks,

Joanne

I have the classic beverage package, can I ask them to make a Martini that fits in my package.

Thanks,

Joanne

My girlfriend ordered small martinis on the Constellation. I am not sure how much they cost but I do remember thinking they were a pretty good deal.

That 20 year Martini is worth the Premium Package price alone....

MARTINIS!!!! :D Absolutely LOVED the martini bar, the martini servers and the martinis themselves on both the Infinity last April, and Solstice this April. Has anyone else on other ships seen the "all at one time pour?" of anywhere from 6 to 18 drinks? What a great show and fun time!

18 at a time that's nothing.

Larry Wo was n the Connie did 36 a fleet wide record.

I will dig the pics out and post,he was a great barman, he went to

The Eclipse,wonder were he is now,

18 at a time that's nothing.

Larry Wo was n the Connie did 36 a fleet wide record.

I will dig the pics out and post,he was a great barman, he went to

The Eclipse,wonder were he is now,

May be on the Equinox. There was a Larry at the Martini bar in May who did all the big pours, don't know his last name but betting it is the same guy.

The Martini bar is where we hang out all of the time - I love their range! But they do have a menu and all the Martini's are set prices, so I don't think they could make you one cheaper than the price. Mostly they are $10 to $12 from memory, can't quite remember.

However, I have read many times that if you order a more expensive drink than your package allows, you then just pay for the difference.

Not for Classic. that only applies to the top package....Premium.

I have the classic beverage package, can I ask them to make a Martini that fits in my package.

Thanks,

Joanne

I have seen them do it on the Summit and the Infinity. They have smaller glasses and they will make a smaller serving (not the tiny glasses for the flights they are in between the large and the tiny).

Those are both M class ships, so I am not sure what happens on Solstice class ships.

May be on the Equinox. There was a Larry at the Martini bar in May who did all the big pours, don't know his last name but betting it is the same guy.

We are on the Equinox in October, would be good if it was him

here is a pic of him from the main site serving in the Martini Bar

follow the link

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/singleColLanding.do?pagename=onboard_lounges_bars_clubs

Edited by swigso

I had a fab Martini on IOS . It was a chocolate Martini. So good. When I returned to Ireland I asked for a chocolate Martini and was given a dry martini with drinking chocolate sprinkled in the top it was disgusting. Maybe I got the name wrong.

Hopefully on the Equinox, I can track it down again.

I had a fab Martini on IOS . It was a chocolate Martini. So good. When I returned to Ireland I asked for a chocolate Martini and was given a dry martini with drinking chocolate sprinkled in the top it was disgusting. Maybe I got the name wrong.

Hopefully on the Equinox, I can track it down again.

:D Chocolate martinis are the best!

I think I'm getting a handle on this...but there is one question that remains....does anyone know the going price for martinis?

I'm considering getting the premium pkg and not having any hassles....and taking advantage of the sale that Celebrity is having...

BABA7

We were able to order smaller martinis with our classic package on the Connie TA last Nov. The bartenders were accommodating. Ask and see.....

I'll second this comment. There is usually a slightly smaller martini glass behind the bar somewhere. We've never had ANY problems getting a martini with the classic package.

Saying that we follow several martini bartenders around the world on the X ships and become close friends over years.... maybe thats why? :rolleyes:

Martini bar is the place to be, and if you want the freedom of ordering any of the martinis on sale I'd opt to the prem package, at lease you know there will be no issues then.

And with there being a current 10% sale on all packages at the moment until 22nd June (for sailing up to end of March 2013) you'll save on that extra cost it takes to get the PREM package.

This is my 3rd Celebrity cruise and still have not made it to the martini bar! Looks like a great place and always pack with people.

Good to know that the Summit offers smaller martini’s to fit my package.

Thank you for all your input!

Joanne

• 4 years later...
can you get a martini at any other bar on the classic beverage package

You won't be able to necessarily get the same range/menu as the Martini Bar, however, if you go to other bars for martinis. We don't like 'typical' martinis, just cocktails that they put in the martini glasses that they call martinis.

If you have a particular type of cocktail you'd like just ask one of the bartenders. I love chocolate martinis and make them at home from a recipe I found on my Mixology app on my phone. To me, it's much more complex than the one on the ship. I like both. I showed the recipe to the bartender at Martini Bar and he kind of made a face. He made it for me though, and then proceeded to make me another one he said I'd like better. Said it was his special creme brûlée martini. Off menu. OMG was it good! He told me how to make it. I still like X's chocolate martini, mine, and the creme brûlée martini. I asked the bartender in Michael's Club to make it for me and it was just a bit different. Didn't have quite the touch of the Martini Bar guy.

I also asked one bartender there to make me a special fruity drink. Again, off menu. I couldn't tell you what's in it, he was going so fast, but it was delicious.