Anthem: concierge or suite lounge?

Booked our first Anthem cruise while on board LB last week. The deck plans show a concierge lounge aft on deck 12. However, my next cruise guy said it was now called the Suite Lounge instead. Doesn't really matter, but I am interested in which title is currently correct.

Booked our first Anthem cruise while on board LB last week. The deck plans show a concierge lounge aft on deck 12. However, my next cruise guy said it was now called the Suite Lounge instead. Doesn't really matter, but I am interested in which title is currently correct.

To my knowledge, it is still called the Concierge Lounge and still admits Diamond Plus level guests, in addition to full suite guests and Pinnacle Club.

Edited by clarea

I spoke with a concierge a few weeks ago while sailing Liberty OTS. He told me that RCL is shifting all concierge lounges to suite lounges as the ships dry dock. Liberty just dry docked in February and they now have a suite lounge. Basically this will only change one thing. D+ will not be able to enjoy this lounge. Only grand suite and above + pinnacle. However, since the diamond lounge offers identical services it is not a big loss. The only thing I know of to be different is that the suite lounges are much larger than the diamond lounges. The real bennies of the suite lounge concept come into play on the Oasis and Quantum class ships. The Coastal Kitchen is only available on these ships. My DW and I were able to enjoy this venue on Oasis the first cruise that it was open after it was installed. It was incredible. Knocked the socks off of every pay venue on the boat. We ate at Chops and Giovanni's on that cruise and we opted to cancel reservations in the pay restraunts after comparing to Coastal Kitchen. The food and service is second to none. If you have access, I highly recommend eating there for formal night. They grill your lobster tails instead of broiling like the MDR. Makes all the difference in the world. Also, if you like surf and turf pair it with the filet that is on the Coastal Kitchen menu. I promise you will not regret it. Best of all, it is included at no additional charge!

Thanks for the details on CK. We will definitely be using it as we are Pinnacle. Just hope the CL is not overcrowded. I am surprised that since Oasis class ships have a designated Suite lounge that Anthem does not.

Thanks for the details on CK. We will definitely be using it as we are Pinnacle. Just hope the CL is not overcrowded. I am surprised that since Oasis class ships have a designated Suite lounge that Anthem does not.

I have to wait until 2018 for Anthem, but I am looking forward to it. Especially since it will be D+ qualifier cruise! Anyway, talking to people who have been on her, they say that the CL is HUGE! I don't think crowding will be a problem. Also, the diamond lounge is expandable, so if it gets too crowded they make it bigger to accommodate. Let us know how it is after your trip!

I have to wait until 2018 for Anthem, but I am looking forward to it. Especially since it will be D+ qualifier cruise! Anyway, talking to people who have been on her, they say that the CL is HUGE! I don't think crowding will be a problem. Also, the diamond lounge is expandable, so if it gets too crowded they make it bigger to accommodate. Let us know how it is after your trip!

It's not that huge and is often wall-to-wall crowded.

I spoke with a concierge a few weeks ago while sailing Liberty OTS. He told me that RCL is shifting all concierge lounges to suite lounges as the ships dry dock. Liberty just dry docked in February and they now have a suite lounge. Basically this will only change one thing. D+ will not be able to enjoy this lounge. Only grand suite and above + pinnacle. However, since the diamond lounge offers identical services it is not a big loss. The only thing I know of to be different is that the suite lounges are much larger than the diamond lounges. The real bennies of the suite lounge concept come into play on the Oasis and Quantum class ships. The Coastal Kitchen is only available on these ships. My DW and I were able to enjoy this venue on Oasis the first cruise that it was open after it was installed. It was incredible. Knocked the socks off of every pay venue on the boat. We ate at Chops and Giovanni's on that cruise and we opted to cancel reservations in the pay restraunts after comparing to Coastal Kitchen. The food and service is second to none. If you have access, I highly recommend eating there for formal night. They grill your lobster tails instead of broiling like the MDR. Makes all the difference in the world. Also, if you like surf and turf pair it with the filet that is on the Coastal Kitchen menu. I promise you will not regret it. Best of all, it is included at no additional charge!
Trust me unless your a Pinnacle you paid for the Coastal Kitchen....K.O. :eek:

Trust me unless your a Pinnacle you paid for the Coastal Kitchen....K.O. :eek:

There is no extra charge for eating at CK you just have to qualify. Those in GS and above and PC Members can eat there breakfast, lunch and dinner (which requires a reservation). Those in JS can make reservations for dinner only.

I have read conflicting info regarding making reservations at CK. Some have said no one can make on-line reservations, others have said only suites can pre-book the CK. I was able, as Pinnacle not in a suite, to make reservations for the Harmony in November and December, but not for the Oasis in January, probably because it is too far out to make any reservations.

In general, we have found that reservations are only needed for the formal nights.

• 2 years later...
Can anyone verify if D+ can still use the Concierge Club on deck 12 if not in a suite on the Anthem - sailing in September. Thanks much.

Yes, D+ can still use the Concierge Lounge on any ship in the fleet.

Yes, D+ can still use the Concierge Lounge on any ship in the fleet.

Thanks very much - I thought that on Oasis and Quantum Class D+ could not use the Concierge lounge - I will book my balcony cabin on deck 12 now - glad I can grab my coffee in the morning.

Thanks very much - I thought that on Oasis and Quantum Class D+ could not use the Concierge lounge - I will book my balcony cabin on deck 12 now - glad I can grab my coffee in the morning.

There is no Concierge Lounge on Oasis class.

On our cruise on the Anthem this past January DH booked the last balcony on deck 12 port next the concierge lounge so he could just run in for coffee. It was nice being next door. Often in the afternoon would go in for a cup of tea, sit on the sofas by the large windows and read. Really relaxing.

The menu is coastal kitchen is a bit limited, there are offering in the MDR that are also appealing....is it possible to get any of those in the CK?

The menu is coastal kitchen is a bit limited, there are offering in the MDR that are also appealing....is it possible to get any of those in the CK?

We've been able to get lobster in CK when the MDR has "free" lobster. Never asked for any other items.

I would only do it if there is something that you really want on one night, and request in advance. I wouldn't expect them to get you things from MDR each night. As MM noted, the kitchens are 10 decks apart.

We also requested the lobster one night. Not sure if I ordered the night before or night of but they didn't seem thrilled with my request and after that I didn't order anything else that wasn't on the menu. (I think I did it because someone else had mentioned doing it here and it was no problem...but ymmv)