Position of beds in anthem balconies

vaka08

Hi everyone,

I've read before that people believe the cabins alternate bed/sofa position on the anthem. I'm looking to book a balcony cabin (probably a d2 or a d3) but I am hoping to get one where the bed is closer to the balcony and the sofa near the bathroom. Has anyone had that setup? Or know which it would be? How to tell?

Hi everyone,

I've read before that people believe the cabins alternate bed/sofa position on the anthem. I'm looking to book a balcony cabin (probably a d2 or a d3) but I am hoping to get one where the bed is closer to the balcony and the sofa near the bathroom. Has anyone had that setup? Or know which it would be? How to tell?

If it works like Oasis, cabins that can hold 3 or 4, the sofa bed will be by the balcony. Look for a symbol that indicates the cabin holds 3-4. The one next to it should have the bed by the balcony. They alternate.

We were on Anthem last month and had the sofa by the balcony. I didn't like it as well as the other arrangement.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

The above is correct for Anthem also so any regular, non suite balcony cabin that can sleep more than two passengers will have the sofa by the balcony and even number cabins over will be the same.

In deck sections without additional passengers cabins, like stern section of deck 10, count cabins on the side from the back of the ship and even numbered ones should have sofa by balcony. We had cabin 10708 on our first Anthem cruise and it was sixth from the back and it had the sofa by the balcony.

The above is correct for Anthem also so any regular, non suite balcony cabin that can sleep more than two passengers will have the sofa by the balcony and even number cabins over will be the same.

In deck sections without additional passengers cabins, like stern section of deck 10, count cabins on the side from the back of the ship and even numbered ones should have sofa by balcony. We had cabin 10708 on our first Anthem cruise and it was sixth from the back and it had the sofa by the balcony.

I just checked our eDocs for this cruise on Anthem and found that we were in cabin 10706, not 10708, so it the odd number, by counting side balcony cabins from the back of the ship, in sections of decks that doesn't nearby more than 2 cabins, that have the sofa by the balcony.

Edited by robtulipe

I certainly don't know the answer, but we had an even numbered cabin - 10692 - on the twin ship Quantum and the bed was by the balcony.

It is not the cabin number but the count over from a cabin that can accommodate more than 2 passengers or a cabin that has a known sofa by the balcony. In fact all outside cabins on Quantum class ships are even numbered and all inside have odd numbered.

We were in 10706 and that was 7 cabins or an odd number back from 10692 in the same deck section so it had the opposite layout from your cabin with the sofa by the bathroom with its sofa by the balcony.

Your post picture made me recheck what cabin we were in on our first of two Anthem cruises we did this past winter. My correction above resulted.

Edited by robtulipe

It is not the cabin number but the count over from a cabin that can accommodate more than 2 passengers or a cabin that has a known sofa by the balcony. In fact all outside cabins on Quantum class ships are even numbered and all inside have odd numbered.

We were in 10706 and that was 7 cabins or an odd number back from 10692 in the same deck section so it had the opposite layout from your cabin with the sofa by the bathroom with its sofa by the balcony.

Your post pic dBture made me recheck what cabin we were in on our first of two Anthem cruises we did this past winter. My correction above resulted.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I'll try and figure out which layout we have in cabin 9648 on Anthem this fall.:)

Ah, I see. Thanks. I'll try and figure out which layout we have in cabin 9648 on Anthem this fall.:)

Try googling Anthem of the Seas cabin 9648. I found a picture that, if it's accurate, shows the sofa by the balcony. That's also what I came up with looking at the deck plan.

Since there are no known sofa position, like more than 2 passengers, cabin to count over from in the section of 6 cabins where 9648 is I would say since that is the first cabin, counting from the front, the sofa will be by the bathroom. It was the same with your previous cabin, # 10692, it was the first balcony cabin in that all in a line section of 14 cabins.

You'll note that a section or straight line of Cat. D cabins typically has an even number. The first and every two over from it should have the sofa on the inside and in the second and every two over the sofa should be by the balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=392021&d=1471046109

Anthem9648.jpg.7f2a9531903dab54004ee149e436b72d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Try googling Anthem of the Seas cabin 9648. I found a picture that, if it's accurate, shows the sofa by the balcony. That's also what I came up with looking at the deck plan.

If this is the shot you saw it is a generic shot for Quantum Cat. D cabins that appears on many cabin information sites. I googled cabin 9648 and 9650 and it had the same shot for both cabins on these sites. Cabin 9650 being right beside 9648 would have its sofa opposite to 9648.

d7med.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

If this is the shot you saw it is a generic shot for Quantum Cat. D cabins that appears on many cabin information sites. I googled cabin 9648 and 9650 and it had the same shot for both cabins on these sites. Cabin 9650 being right beside 9648 would have its sofa opposite to 9648.

d7med.jpg

I figured that out also[emoji15]. Deck 9 is hard to figure out.

Anthem 9692 sofa by balcony

Anthem 8654 had bed by balcony

As we were in various hallways of cabins, we did notice that it seemed that the bed placement alternated for the most part. I wish RC's website would indicate this some way as a lot of us seem to have our preferences! :p :cool:

As we were in various hallways of cabins, we did notice that it seemed that the bed placement alternated for the most part.

The layout alternates because the bed area in the cabin is slightly wide, by about 8", than the sofa area of the same cabin. The wider bed area takes away or protrudes into the sofa area of the cabin beside it on the bed headboard/closet side. This is the reason for the alternating layout. This design provides more room at the end of the bed which is not needed where the sofa is. If one looks at the outside side walls of the closet between the bed and sofa areas you can see this difference in closet wall depth. A truly rectangular would need to be wider to give the same passing space at the end of the bed.

Celebrity Solstice class ships have the same alternating design but the difference in cabin width is more noticeable as this happen on the opposite from the bed and closet wall or where the desk is as shown in the shot below of a Solstice balcony cabin. You can see where the notch in the wall is opposite the end of the bed. The sofa/desk area of the next cabin is where this notch protrudes resulting is an opposite cabin layout.

On Quantum class this width change occurs between the two closets. ;)

DO_Veranda_Stateroom_schematic_460x256.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Cabin 13282 - bed by bathroom- 3 people

Cabin 13284 bed by balcony - 2 people

Cabin 6564 bed by balcony

First 2 cabins under Windjammer and had no noise at all and it was great being one floor from food and pools. the overhang actually helped when it rained - we could still be outside

Since there are no known sofa position, like more than 2 passengers, cabin to count over from in the section of 6 cabins where 9648 is I would say since that is the first cabin, counting from the front, the sofa will be by the bathroom. It was the same with your previous cabin, # 10692, it was the first balcony cabin in that all in a line section of 14 cabins.

You'll note that a section or straight line of Cat. D cabins typically has an even number. The first and every two over from it should have the sofa on the inside and in the second and every two over the sofa should be by the balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=392021&d=1471046109

Thanks! I'll be happy with either I'm sure.