Empress Cabin By Elevators

surmy555

I was worried about the same problem the trip I made on the boat. I was in 221 the single room right by the elevators. It was not a problem at all, and I can honestly say I didn't even know that they were there. Enjoy your cruise; she's a lovely boat.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to book a cruise on the Empress and want a cabin in a quiet area. Any suggestions or rooms to avoid?

Thanks!

I've not yet cruised on the Empress but I've read that the Paddlewheel Lounge on the back of deck 2 can get noisy at night so you might want to look to the center or forward sections of the boat

I've not yet cruised on the Empress but I've read that the Paddlewheel Lounge on the back of deck 2 can get noisy at night so you might want to look to the center or forward sections of the boat

I heard the same thing. Thanks for posting!

I'm booked on the Empress in cabin 321 which has the elevators right next to it. Has anyone stayed in or near this cabin. If so, is noise from the elevators a problem. Thanks

We were on the Nov.13 journey last fall and are re-booked leaving this Sunday, Mar19, I found it quiet up on deck 4 forward room 403. The entertainment is really fun but our passenger were mostly of the "early to bed" variety so not much late night noise.

The piano player was fabulous, ragtime and more, sure hope we have the same entertainers this week.

We mostly used the stairs but mealtimes and showtime the elevators were busy.

Actually remember this Empress experience as being at the top of many cruises we have made, regardless of weather.:D Helen

We were on the Nov.13 journey last fall and are re-booked leaving this Sunday, Mar19, I found it quiet up on deck 4 forward room 403. The entertainment is really fun but our passenger were mostly of the "early to bed" variety so not much late night noise.

The piano player was fabulous, ragtime and more, sure hope we have the same entertainers this week.

Helen

Frank!

20161009_175131