Vision Junior Suites opinions please

I am asking for opinions on JS stateroom locations on Vision. Am planning to be on the Vision in Sept. 2019 on 12 night Med (8 ports including Venice, Split and Kotor.) Leave and return to Barcelona. This is one of those cruises where I am not going for the on board "WOW" experience but for the ports. We have been to several of the cities on the iten. but not all. I am a fan of larger ships for many reasons but larger ships are not going to Venice (spent many days there a few years ago) and Barcelona (we've been there, too and look forward to returning there.) There are no aft JS available. Looking at Port side JS. There is availability of JS from 8060 with many towards aft. I would like to avoid the dragging of the chairs overhead...I read 8060 is under the solarium/park cafe area with overnight chair scraping.... I would not mind further aft if there was no overhead noise.... but I believe that is the gym. Thoughts from those with experience? (Or do I just bring airplane earplugs?) The smallest ship we have been on was the Rhapsody in South America. And that, too, was all about the ports. Thanks....

I am asking for opinions on JS stateroom locations on Vision. Am planning to be on the Vision in Sept. 2019 on 12 night Med (8 ports including Venice, Split and Kotor.) Leave and return to Barcelona. This is one of those cruises where I am not going for the on board "WOW" experience but for the ports. We have been to several of the cities on the iten. but not all. I am a fan of larger ships for many reasons but larger ships are not going to Venice (spent many days there a few years ago) and Barcelona (we've been there, too and look forward to returning there.) There are no aft JS available. Looking at Port side JS. There is availability of JS from 8060 with many towards aft. I would like to avoid the dragging of the chairs overhead...I read 8060 is under the solarium/park cafe area with overnight chair scraping.... I would not mind further aft if there was no overhead noise.... but I believe that is the gym. Thoughts from those with experience? (Or do I just bring airplane earplugs?) The smallest ship we have been on was the Rhapsody in South America. And that, too, was all about the ports. Thanks....

Rhapsody and Vision are sisters. Same size ship.

Rhapsody and Vision are sisters. Same size ship.

We were in aft corner on Rhapsody and no scraping issues.... on Vision looking to avoid the chair scraping. Also saw that on deck 10 there is a semi jut out above what looks to be above a few JS. Which I am guessing keeps those balconys shaded...doesn’t appear to be a whrlpool but I could be wrong...

We had 8590 on Vision aft, and the ship vibrated like crazy. The glass on the balcony rattled at night. They do have a short drydock this Nov. I hope they fix the propeller, driveshaft or whatever is causing that.

Did you hear that it has mechanical issues? Think it's just scheduled it's normal marine side 5 yr Dry Dock. Been on Royal ships for 30 yrs and Vision class does shake the most normally anyway.

We had 8590 on Vision aft, and the ship vibrated like crazy. The glass on the balcony rattled at night. They do have a short drydock this Nov. I hope they fix the propeller, driveshaft or whatever is causing that.

We have booked #8590 on Vision for May 2019..I too hope this isn't a problem for us by then.

We were in 8024 in January. Would definitely recommend you stay away from the atrium area - gets very noisy with a lot of events in there up until 11 or so. We were surprised we didn't hear much from the pool deck. Pretty nice cabins. Main cabin had 10 drawers about 10 or 12 large shelves and some tiny ones around the mirror. Stuck the coffee maker in there. Even had drawers in the bottom corner of the closet. Big step up into the tub.

We recently stayed in 8534 and the noise was terrible. I believe it is right under the towel stand and they were rolling what I believe were carts of fresh towels back and forth after midnight. Very noisy. I would never book that cabin again.

Karen - we had an aft JS - very center- on Rhapsody on our South American cruise a few years ago. Everything shook. Including pictures hanging on the wall. Nice lady from guest services came and said yes this is not normal (she had recently come to RH from Disney) "you need to get out of here." We were in luck that whoever was supposed to have been in the corner JS was a no show.... so that became ours. If you have had the shuddering and shaking on Vision in 8590 it is indeed a factor of how the ship was designed. Both are "sister" ships. I guess people put up with the rattling because they have very deep balconies and enjoy the view and the space. Aren't you on the Vision Panama Canal cruise in November?

Karen - we had an aft JS - very center- on Rhapsody on our South American cruise a few years ago. Everything shook. Including pictures hanging on the wall. Nice lady from guest services came and said yes this is not normal (she had recently come to RH from Disney) "you need to get out of here." We were in luck that whoever was supposed to have been in the corner JS was a no show.... so that became ours. If you have had the shuddering and shaking on Vision in 8590 it is indeed a factor of how the ship was designed. Both are "sister" ships. I guess people put up with the rattling because they have very deep balconies and enjoy the view and the space. Aren't you on the Vision Panama Canal cruise in November?

Yes I am. Deck 7. Not aft. Researched extensively.

See https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ you can drag one deck over another to see what's above (or below) you.

They also have a place where you can enter your cabin number and you get a snapshot of what's immediately above and below that cabin.

Thank you! That's a great site! I will bookmark it.

Can you link to your cabin review we were in 8590 on the aft, and it shook like crazy for our 10 nights there B2b.

We usually love the true afts but now I'm concerned about #8590....Would #8064 or #8062 be a better location and which cabin has bed on left of these two?...Not sure we want to take a chance after reading some negative reviews.:eek:

Edited by Ashland

We had JS 8038 on Vision sailing from Dubai in February.

It was midship on the port side and we found it quiet and ideally located.

No late night noise (music) from the Centrum ? Some have said there was and to avoid those near by.

Cabin review is on the same page; below cruise review.

I see it now. I didn’t go down far enough. We experienced the same shaking, and I’m a light sleeper. There are about 10 days of drydock before the Panama Canal Cruises in Nov. I hope they fix whatever makes it shake. Propeller? Driveshaft? I bet Changpk knows.

I see it now. I didn’t go down far enough. We experienced the same shaking, and I’m a light sleeper. There are about 10 days of drydock before the Panama Canal Cruises in Nov. I hope they fix whatever makes it shake. Propeller? Driveshaft? I bet Changpk knows.

And just how are we going to know if this problem has been resolved? It seems not much on the boards about this problem...but thank you so much for bringing it up.

Ashland - you may want to join one of the Panama Canal roll calls in November and ask someone in the aft stateroom you have on your cruise how how the shaking was - this is assuming you have enough time between those cruises and your cruise...

• 1 month later...

We were in aft 8592 for 14 days, at times the vibration was unbearable at night, felt like your insides were being shaken to death!! Also a terrible loud noise until Cabin attendant showed us how to properly lock the sliding door! The good news, the cabin is quiet since it is under the message rooms!

Carla