Voyager class deck 9 aft cabins

We’re going to book a 9 night Southern itinerary on Explorer. I’ve had to cancel this route twice, maybe three times, in the past, so fingers are crossed....

My question is about the deck 9 aft cabins. With the way the superstructure is setup, do the people on deck 10 have a view straight down onto your balcony? It’s hard to judge from pictures. If so, I may do one of the far outside balconies instead (9690 or 9630).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The corner aft cabins have more privacy than the center ones. The video in the link is a center JS on the aft of Adventure OTS. It shows how someone above has a direct view onto your balcony if they are standing at their railing.

The corner aft cabins have more privacy than the center ones. The video in the link is a center JS on the aft of Adventure OTS. It shows how someone above has a direct view onto your balcony if they are standing at their railing.

Yes, that's my video.... scroll to the end to see the balcony & views of the super structure.

Here are some better photos looking down... about half of the deck 9 cabins are exposed to deck 10

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50931486&highlight=1694#post50931486

Yes, that's my video.... scroll to the end to see the balcony & views of the super structure.

Here are some better photos looking down... about half of the deck 9 cabins are exposed to deck 10

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50931486&highlight=1694#post50931486

Great video of the cabin and balcony. You also helped me out when I was looking for pictures of the Jewel hump balconies! 8594 in just under 5 weeks!!

Perfect! Thank you. I love to lean over and see the water so we may have to go for the corner balcony with less real estate.

Perfect! Thank you. I love to lean over and see the water so we may have to go for the corner balcony with less real estate.

Careful..... I hope Beachammo (a corner aft expert) comes onto this thread. He would only book deck 7 or 10 corners... both decks 8 and 9 have almost a perfect triangular balcony (close to 1/2 size of any other cabin on the same deck), and the cabins themselves have a single door which opens and shuts (vs a large sliding door). The trade off is unobstructed aft and side view without the superstructure in the way

Deck 8

Deck 9

Careful..... I hope Beachammo (a corner aft expert) comes onto this thread. He would only book deck 7 or 10 corners... both decks 8 and 9 have almost a perfect triangular balcony (close to 1/2 size of any other cabin on the same deck), and the cabins themselves have a single door which opens and shuts (vs a large sliding door). The trade off is unobstructed aft and side view without the superstructure in the way

Deck 8

Deck 9

I was in 8390 corner aft on Adventure a few years ago. The single door did not bother me at all and even though the deck is pie shaped, it still fit two loungers, two deck chairs and a table with room to spare. The view was much better than we had from the center aft on Freedom last year.

We've put in extra effort (and money) to get balconies with extra space before. All in all, I don't think it's ultimately worth it for us. It's just the two of us so I value the view more than the overall space. I switched over to the corner aft but will keep an eye on available cabins in the future.

Now I need to actually research the Explorer. I haven't been on RCL in several years and really know nothing about this ship :o

It's only 2 of us cruising...an "aft" balcony isn't required by us. We don't enjoy eating in our cabin...we like to be "out and about"...and all wee use the balcony for is fresh air, sitting or standing and ocean-gazing. I don't feel a need to have the largest balcony on the ship. Now, if I had a big party onboard with me, and wanted to invite others over, it would be handy!

We've put in extra effort (and money) to get balconies with extra space before. All in all, I don't think it's ultimately worth it for us. It's just the two of us so I value the view more than the overall space. I switched over to the corner aft but will keep an eye on available cabins in the future.

Now I need to actually research the Explorer. I haven't been on RCL in several years and really know nothing about this ship :o

Adventure and Explorer are basically the same ship. Corner aft balconies have views down to the water, but sacrifice some of the extra balcony space the other acts afford. 7388 7688 8390 8690 9390 9690 1688 1388 are the corner aft cabins on that ship

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's only 2 of us cruising...an "aft" balcony isn't required by us. We don't enjoy eating in our cabin...we like to be "out and about"...and all wee use the balcony for is fresh air, sitting or standing and ocean-gazing. I don't feel a need to have the largest balcony on the ship. Now, if I had a big party onboard with me, and wanted to invite others over, it would be handy!

That's how we typically are. Location doesn't matter that much. We've been sticking to Celebrity the past few years and they charge a premium for aft cabins. Since Royal does not and there were cabins available I figured why not...