Found jewelry ~ vision of seas!

JEWELRY FOUND ON VISION OF SEAS! Please contact me & describe jewelry you lost. Room number & sailing date! Really want to return this to rightful owner! Realize this is VERY important to someone! Our room stewart said he remembers the name Anthony!

How very nice of you...doing the right thing..

We lost an expensive piece of jewelry on the Celebrity silhouette and no one ever turned it in. Someone is walking around with my husbands gold bracelet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was told by ship staff lost/found items held for very short time. AND this ship is leaving in few days for Europe. Staff also said MOST items found.....seldom get reunited with original owner. It is MY intention for original owner to get their jewelry back. I will KEEP looking for them - until it gets back to them! Thanks for being interested & I realize you have BEST intention in mind. I thought I would get responses like yours. I also lost a couple of things on board 2 diff ships & NEVER got items back! This is why I am trying so HARD & taking time to do it this way! Thanks again ;)

Was told by ship staff lost/found items held for very short time. AND this ship is leaving in few days for Europe. Staff also said MOST items found.....seldom get reunited with original owner. It is MY intention for original owner to get their jewelry back. I will KEEP looking for them - until it gets back to them! Thanks for being interested & I realize you have BEST intention in mind. I thought I would get responses like yours. I also lost a couple of things on board 2 diff ships & NEVER got items back! This is why I am trying so HARD & taking time to do it this way! Thanks again ;)

Because someone decided to be their own lost and found maybe?

When you lost (a couple) things on board, where was you first phone call?

How very nice of you...doing the right thing..

We lost an expensive piece of jewelry on the Celebrity silhouette and no one ever turned it in. Someone is walking around with my husbands gold bracelet.

They didn't turn it in because they thought they'd have better luck? I guess they should have turned it in.

Thanks to everyone for kind/positive messages. Negative messages - ignored. Have several other places posted to find OWNER....not only here! Due to personal experience of not recovering my OWN lost items aboard ship....doing it this way. Will update when true OWNER is found! Thanks everyone & have great day!

Because someone decided to be their own lost and found maybe?

When you lost (a couple) things on board, where was you first phone call?

Clearly when you lose something onboard a ship, you come to CruiseCritic to find out if someone found it and is looking to return it.

It’s all perfectly logical.

Thanks to everyone for kind/positive messages. Negative messages - ignored. Have several other places posted to find OWNER....not only here! Due to personal experience of not recovering my OWN lost items aboard ship....doing it this way. Will update when true OWNER is found! Thanks everyone & have great day!
You have no right take take someones property off the ship no matter what you think

Call Royal Caribbean!!!!

and tell them what, where, and when you found it. The person that lost the item may never even see your posts

Clearly when you lose something onboard a ship, you come to CruiseCritic to find out if someone found it and is looking to return it.

Well it will make Royals job easier. Anyone that calls them they just have to tell them to check cruise critic.:rolleyes:

They didn't turn it in because they thought they'd have better luck? I guess they should have turned it in.

They didn’t turn it in, because who ever it was, decided to keep it. We were in contact with Celebrity for months after, and it was never found.

What goes around, comes around......

You may also consider posting on the Roll Call forum for the Vision cruise prior to yours.

I am surprised that they discussed it with staff and they didn't insist they leave it at GS.

Who knows? Maybe they just said that to make it sound better. OP comes across as very defensive.

I know if I lost some valuable or important the first place i would go look for it is a website generally releted to where i lost the item instead of calling guest services the location where i lost it-

I remember once when i lost my wallet at the grocery store, i immediately went to https://www.nationalgrocers.org and lo and behold there was a post about it.

They didn’t turn it in, because who ever it was, decided to keep it. We were in contact with Celebrity for months after, and it was never found.

What goes around, comes around......

I'm saying no one knows whether or not they are trying to return it. Maybe like the OP. They just take it home and try to find the owner themselves. Really ridiculous

Ship turns lost & found items over to landside who do keep items for some time.

Passenger that lost the item is far more likely to call the cruise line than search the internet for someone who will not even post the date let alone the cabin number.

You've undertaken quite a task. Good luck with it.

Did anyone find my $100 bill I dropped?

JEWELRY FOUND ON VISION OF SEAS! Please contact me & describe jewelry you lost. Room number & sailing date! Really want to return this to rightful owner! Realize this is VERY important to someone! Our room stewart said he remembers the name Anthony!

So you are expecting that anyone who lost something ever on Vision of the Seas contact you?:rolleyes:

You should at least put the sailing date and room number!