Freedom of the Seas Bucket List

Good Morning!

Well my E-Docs loaded yesterday, I've printed off my luggage tags, I've read all the new posts here in the RC Group on CC and I still can't get enough! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

We are officially 44 days away from our 1st cruise ever and I am ready! I've scoured the boards here, there and everywhere (sounds a little like I'm channeling Dr. Suess) for every little grain of info I can find. I've watched and subscribed to so many blogs, vlogs and Instagram accounts that all I see when I sleep is cruise ships, beaches and endless buffets! Is this normal? ;p

So now it brings me to this question..."For those who have sailed FOS, what is your "bucket list" of things to do on board? What have you enjoyed, what have you hated and what have you tolerated for the sake of family members that did enjoy something?

For me, I'm just a good ole country boy who loves photography. I cant wait to take my camera and roam this aquatic masterpiece known as Freedom. But I do have some shots that are on my bucket list. The photos below are not mine, they are shots I've seen and want to emulate. I'm really looking forward to shooting sunrise and sunset from the bow , the aft and of course my balcony!

40845731674_8faaf8de57_z.jpg

Who knows, maybe one day I can cruise with @CruiseLifeRick and @OurTwoSuitcases!

Have fun guys, only 43 days till FREEDOM!

Scott

Who knows, maybe one day I can cruise with @CruiseLifeRick and @OurTwoSuitcases!

Have fun guys, only 44 days till FREEDOM!

Scott

Anyone that is cruise addicted before they have even sailed is my type of guy! You will have a blast. Cannot wait to see your photos and hear about your first adventure!

Anyone that is cruise addicted before they have even sailed is my type of guy! You will have a blast. Cannot wait to see your photos and hear about your first adventure!

Thanks Rick! I'm truly inspired by you guys (everyone here on CC and other places). I've started following several of the folks you introduced us to from Symphony. Pretty talented folks!

Good Morning!

Well my E-Docs loaded yesterday, I've printed off my luggage tags, I've read all the new posts here in the RC Group on CC and I still can't get enough! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

We are officially 44 days away from our 1st cruise ever and I am ready! I've scoured the boards here, there and everywhere (sounds a little like I'm channeling Dr. Suess) for every little grain of info I can find. I've watched and subscribed to so many blogs, vlogs and Instagram accounts that all I see when I sleep is cruise ships, beaches and endless buffets! Is this normal? ;p

So now it brings me to this question..."For those who have sailed FOS, what is your "bucket list" of things to do on board? What have you enjoyed, what have you hated and what have you tolerated for the sake of family members that did enjoy something?

For me, I'm just a good ole country boy who loves photography. I cant wait to take my camera and roam this aquatic masterpiece known as Freedom. But I do have some shots that are on my bucket list. The photos below are not mine, they are shots I've seen and want to emulate. I'm really looking forward to shooting sunrise and sunset from the bow , the aft and of course my balcony!

40845731674_8faaf8de57_z.jpg

Have fun guys, only 43 days till FREEDOM!

Scott

Flowrider, ice show, rock wall, chocolate breakfast in MDR, Sabor and Chops specialty dining, 70’s night and other theme parties, shows in the theatre in the evening....and lastly...but most important Do NOT miss Tbe Quest and Love and Marriage

Flowrider, ice show, rock wall, chocolate breakfast in MDR, Sabor and Chops specialty dining, 70’s night and other theme parties, shows in the theatre in the evening....and lastly...but most important Do NOT miss Tbe Quest and Love and Marriage

Thanks Skiiergirl! I've watched The Quest videos and have that on the list. The other suggestions are spot on as well~

What I have not heard of is the "Chocolate Breakfast" in the MDR. Wahoo, 2 of my favorite things in one sitting!

Board early if possible. Roam the ship to get to know your way around, and a good time to get inside photo's before it gets busy.

There will be someone at one of the specialty restaurants early that first day to make reservations if you want. If you have assigned time in the MDR for dinner it will be open so you can find your table. And of course request changes in location, table size, etc.

I'll throw one out there - since the shows absolutely do not appeal to me, I'd rather spend my evening up top in the open air watching the movie that they usually play, with a drink in my hand. I'll take that over a show any day, and twice on sundays.

It's been a few years since I was on Freedom, but the Schooner Bar was a favorite place to go for trivia and the piano man! Karaoke was always a great time as well. The 70's party and other shows that the CD puts on the promenade deck are a blast!

Hmmm....talking about all these wonderful things makes me want to sail on her again after Allure! LOL

Have a great time and we'll be watching for your review!

Board early if possible. Roam the ship to get to know your way around, and a good time to get inside photo's before it gets busy.

There will be someone at one of the specialty restaurants early that first day to make reservations if you want. If you have assigned time in the MDR for dinner it will be open so you can find your table. And of course request changes in location, table size, etc.

For sure we are getting on as early as we can! I want my vacation to start tomorrow, not sure if I can wait another 42 days! Thanks for the info bouhunter!

It's been a few years since I was on Freedom, but the Schooner Bar was a favorite place to go for trivia and the piano man! Karaoke was always a great time as well. The 70's party and other shows that the CD puts on the promenade deck are a blast!

Hmmm....talking about all these wonderful things makes me want to sail on her again after Allure! LOL

Have a great time and we'll be watching for your review!

Thanks Crusingnay! Let's get this party started!

I'll throw one out there - since the shows absolutely do not appeal to me, I'd rather spend my evening up top in the open air watching the movie that they usually play, with a drink in my hand. I'll take that over a show any day, and twice on sundays.

Anytime with a drink in hand is a start to a great idea! Thanks Zach1213, I'll be catching a few movies for sure, its what I do to relax!

If this is your first cruise you will be among the last group to board, so the ship will be teeming with people by then. So the best time for pictures will be either early morning or late evening. Port days also provide an opportunity, but a surprising number of people stay on board to enjoy the pools and other uncrowded areas.

Photos? We ALL love the photos of the food and drinks. Gotta take photos of the food and drinks and post them here. One activity no one has mentioned that is popular is to stand on the deck or your balcony if you face the port about 15 minutes before the ship leaves and watch the folks failed to watch the time and realize they are about to get left. We like to cheer them on. :D

We will be on the Freedom next Saturday for the 2nd time, we love the Freedom class ships. You will love it!! We are bringing two first time cruisers with us, I'm so excited to see their reaction when they board the ship!

When fully dark, make your way out to the walking deck on Deck 4 and work your way to the front of the ship. When you get to the stairs, take them up to the helipad area and you can walk to the very ,very front of the ship and enjoy the warm Caribbean breeze. Then take a seat in one of the benches and look up at all the stars without all the light pollution.

One of our favorite things to do on the Freedom and Voyager class ships.

Dan

I absolutely agree with you! I need to be outside as much as possible! I thought I was the only one!!!

Although I think I will have to take in the ice skating show! We're on FOS in 8 days!!! I can hardly believe it's finally almost here!!!! Booked this on our last cruise in May 2016!!

Scott - enjoy your first cruise!! You're going to love it!!!!

Carol