Taxi in Hallifax

royalfan1

Hi,

We decided to do the HOHO bus in Halifax but we realized it doesn't take us to the Titanic Museum which is something we wanted to see. I could buy an excursion but we really just wanted to take our time and visit when we wanted to without a schedule. Does anyone know if cabs are available? I assume it would be easy to get one there but not sure about getting back to the ship.

Thanks!

Janine

The Maritime Museum is an easy walk from the pier, it is right only the boardwalk. If you have no mobility issues, it is probably a 10 minute walk. There are taxis waiting outside the cruise terminals that could take you if you prefer.

We usually take a taxi to The Citadel, which is the fort overlooking the harbor, up on the hill. We do the morning tour and then walk down the hill and do the shops along the boardwalk or go to the Maritime Museum.

No need to pay for an excursion through the cruise line, do it on your own.

The Maritime Museum is an easy walk from the pier, it is right only the boardwalk. If you have no mobility issues, it is probably a 10 minute walk. There are taxis waiting outside the cruise terminals that could take you if you prefer.

We usually take a taxi to The Citadel, which is the fort overlooking the harbor, up on the hill. We do the morning tour and then walk down the hill and do the shops along the boardwalk or go to the Maritime Museum.

No need to pay for an excursion through the cruise line, do it on your own.

This is what we did. The Citadel is not far but it's up hill all the way! We got a cab right outside the terminal - there's a line up and someone to guide you. I think it was $5 plus tip. We waited to watch them fire the cannon, then walked down to the Maritime Museum (where the Titanic exhibit is). Walked back along the boardwalk. Ended up at Garrison's across from the terminal for some local beer! Great day!

Thanks for the replies! I guess I was thinking the museum was near the cemetery. Is the cemetery worth going to as well? It looks like a little more than a walk.

Janine.

Yes, you'll want some sort of transportation to the cemetery. We found it worthwhile. Best part was that with all the tours coming through, you get the benefit of listening to the guides explain some of the interesting history since it's almost impossible to not hear them while wandering the cemetery. I think we spent about an hour there.

When we did this cruise we found lots of taxis right outside when you walked out. We actually rented a taxi for 3 hours (was under $100) and he took us anywhere we wanted & waited for us. We wanted to go to Peggy's Cove first.

They are very friendly there.

When we did this cruise we found lots of taxis right outside when you walked out. We actually rented a taxi for 3 hours (was under $100) and he took us anywhere we wanted & waited for us. We wanted to go to Peggy's Cove first.

They are very friendly there.

What a great idea! The private car / suv / van options through the cruise line are almost $1000. Did you see any taxis that were larger than a small car? If so, this would be a great option for us, as we are a family of five. My husband and I have been to Halifax before, so we know exactly where we want to take our kids.

And on that note, is there Uber in Halifax? We just went to Australia for a week and did not rent a car. We used a taxi for getting to & from the airport, but used Uber for everything else. The Uber drivers there were super helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to go. I love the cash-free convenience, especially in a foreign country.

What a great idea! The private car / suv / van options through the cruise line are almost $1000. Did you see any taxis that were larger than a small car? If so, this would be a great option for us, as we are a family of five. My husband and I have been to Halifax before, so we know exactly where we want to take our kids.

There were 3 of us so we had a car as taxi but I did see vans. I'm not sure if you could google and contact anyone ahead of time or just try to be off the ship quickly. Make sure you agree to a price before you get in. Our driver was really great chatting and telling us about the area.

As to Uber, I'm not sure about that.

There were 3 of us so we had a car as taxi but I did see vans. I'm not sure if you could google and contact anyone ahead of time or just try to be off the ship quickly. Make sure you agree to a price before you get in. Our driver was really great chatting and telling us about the area.

As to Uber, I'm not sure about that.

Thanks!

I did a little looking around, and it seems Uber may not be allowed there yet. But that is okay.

I'm also looking into renting a car for the day. Both are great options.

We took a taxi that was a minivan, so there are larger vehicles available.

And on that note, is there Uber in Halifax? We just went to Australia for a week and did not rent a car. We used a taxi for getting to & from the airport, but used Uber for everything else. The Uber drivers there were super helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to go. I love the cash-free convenience, especially in a foreign country.

Sadly, we have no Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums