Shuttles

scorpio123456

That’s a very good question, but I don’t have an answer. I know which ports I’ve been to with Azamara where there is a shuttle.

I’ll list the ones I know about where there was a shuttle on the cruise I was on. Maybe others can add to the list.

Dubai - to the Dubai Mall

Muscat - to the Mutrah Souq

Fujairah - to a mall

Bangkok - to the Central World Plaza

Ho Chi Minh City - not certain where it went

Safaga - not sure where it went

Ports where I have heard (from other CC members) that there is a shuttle

Ravenna - into Ravenna town

There are many ports that Azamara doesn’t need to provide a shuttle as the ship either docks or tenders close into town e.g. Dubrovnik, Seville, Amalfi, Koh Samui, Rhodes, Crete.

(Remember though, that just because there was a shuttle provided in the past, doesn’t mean there will be in the future & vice versa).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had shuttles in Stockholm, yangoon, Kuala Lumpur, Bilbao, oporto, Lerwick, Port Blair, Bayonne, Tallinn, and many others. Bordeaux we were docked in the city centre by a tram stop! Singapore was next to the metro! Azamarange are great at making transit tof the centre easy

The best place to find out about this is, unfortunately, in the daily newsletter which can make it hard to plan in advance. I imagine that's because in some locations there are several docks and you can end up either close to town or not. Based on my experience:

Irish Seas: Dublin - shuttle, Holyhead - shuttle, Liverpool - docked in town, Isle of Man - tender to town, Guernsey - in town, Waterford - shuttle, Cobh - you can walk to the town of Cobh, I don't think there was a shuttle to Cork, Glasgow - the port is quite a ways from the city, I think there was a shuttle.

Baltic - Copenhagen - docked in town near the Little Mermaid statue, Gdansk - shuttle to town, Tallin - shuttle to town, St. Petersburg - no shuttle, everyone was on organized excursions, Helsinki - docked right in town, Stockholm - not sure.

Edinburgh is to Regent Terrace which joins Princes Street at the east end.

Ho Chi Minh is to the Lion Brewery behind the Opera House

No shuttles in any port in India

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The logistical planning of our complimentary shuttles are decided by the shipboard personnel. As said by others, much depends on the dock assigned, and/or if tendering to port, where exactly. Also some destinations are within walking distance, and some destinations won't allow complimentary shuttles, such as some in Italy.

All in all its difficult to say, but we do try to make it easy for you to get into town on your own.

That's right - a good example was Quest in Key West recently, where we were docked in the naval part of the port and were not free to walk off the ship without using the provided shuttle. Last time there, we were docked very close to the town.

How about in Amsterdam? Anyone know if ship docks close enough to get into city center easily....or if Azamara provides a shuttle?

Any information would be appreciated....thanks!

Not been to Amsterdam on Azamara, but have been on Celebrity. My husband and I walked ( with trolly bags) from the station to the ship, avoiding the cyclists on the way. We could see Constellation from the back of the station.

Before we walked to the ship we took a ride on one of the city tour boats from across the road from the front of the station.

Gibraltar won’t allow complimentary shuttles either. There is a very strong Taxi drivers’ union.

But it is a short ride to the city gates from outside the ship. I think it cost €5 and the same on the return.

Waiting point near the ship, for the taxi ( mini van)

d942994d75fe04f39f7f1cd479d65f63.jpg

Drop off (and pick up)point at the city gates.

1337b8207983442d55036dee27bad730.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

How about in Amsterdam? Anyone know if ship docks close enough to get into city center easily....or if Azamara provides a shuttle?

Been in Amsterdam two years ago on Azamara no shuttle provided. 10 minute walk to Central train station.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

I agree upwarduk, but if our lovely little ship is docked alongside a mega ship, the queues for the €5 shuttles are horrendous. We were fine walking it but many weren’t able to walk that far and had no option but to stand waiting in hot sunshine.

I took a taxi to the Jewish Temple from there I walked all day. Saw a lot and later walked back to ship. Took a good 30 minutes or more but loved my walking day.

• 3 weeks later...
We had shuttles in Stockholm, yangoon, Kuala Lumpur, Bilbao, oporto, Lerwick, Port Blair, Bayonne, Tallinn, and many others. Bordeaux we were docked in the city centre by a tram stop! Singapore was next to the metro! Azamarange are great at making transit tof the centre easy

I should board in Stockholm on 8 August 2018.

Do you remember where the Azamara shuttle stopped?

thank you

I should board in Stockholm on 8 August 2018.

Do you remember where the Azamara shuttle stopped?

thank you

The August 8, 2018 cruise on the Journey begins in Copenhagen. It ends in Stockholm.

In Barcelona we’ve been docked at the Trade centre, just a stroll from the end of Las Ramblas and therefore no need for a shuttle.

Thanks for this information. I wonder if Azamara docks always there. Is this place so near to Las Ramblas that you can walk there from the Columbus Square?

Ivi

Thanks for this information. I wonder if Azamara docks always there. Is this place so near to Las Ramblas that you can walk there from the Columbus Square?

Ivi

It's a very easy short walk to Las Ramblas, I believe that Azamara always docks in the same place.

The larger Ships are in the outer harbour accessible over a road bridge.

The August 8, 2018 cruise on the Journey begins in Copenhagen. It ends in Stockholm.

Sorry, you are right...

I should embark on August 8th in Copenhagen and disembark on August 19th in Stockholm.

Someone is able to specify if in these ports there are free shuttles and where they arrive ?

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have any experience of Azamara down under? Wondering about shuttles in Adelaide or Albany 

Tried the search facility which gave no results, tried Google it brought up this thread and 2/3 older ones on this board!!

In Dubai the shuttle bus is run by a local company. I would not call it a shuttle bus being provided by Azamara. I have learned about this when one evening at about 18.30, I have tried to return to the ship from the Dubai Mall, just to realize that no one really felt responsible for the shuttle bus if I wanted to go to the Azamara ship. Next to us a Regent ship was docked and they really had a shuttle bus contracted by Regent. I have tried to go back with them, but they would not take me because they were exclusively for Regent passengers. 

The shuttle bus, which Azamara passengers can use, can take passengers of other ships also. I think the company was related to the hop on hop off operator in Dubai.