Freedom of the Seas- breakfast times and departure times on day of disembarkation

Hello! We are trying to see what the times are for breakfast at the buffet on the last day of the cruise on June 9 for Freedom of the Seas? Also, what is the latest that guests can stay in their stateroom and also on the ship? Thank you!

Hello! We are trying to see what the times are for breakfast at the buffet on the last day of the cruise on June 9 for Freedom of the Seas? Also, what is the latest that guests can stay in their stateroom and also on the ship? Thank you!

Freedom depature flyer: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52062990&postcount=896

They want you out of the stateroom ASAP, I would not stay past 8:30am.

I got off the Freedom at the end of last month. While I do not remember exact times, I do recall that they deactivated the room keys fairly quickly, so you would no longer be able to access your cabin with your SeaPass card. I don’t remember the exact time they were deactivated, but we noticed this before heading to breakfast, so do make sure you have all your belongings before leaving the cabin. On another note, you’ll love Freedom, she’s an amazing ship with a wonderful crew! Have a great vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buffet opens at 6.00 a.m.

Also, continental breakfast at Cafe Promenade starting at 5.30 a.m

I just saw this question, so thought, perhaps someone that has already posted here, might want to post to my question.

We are "thinking" of doing Freedom of the Seas itinerary, as it goes to St. Lucia, where I fell in love with it, and want to go back.:) If you have been on the Freedom within the past year, would you please give me (yes, I know it is YOUR opinion) the pros/cons of this ship?

I just saw this question, so thought, perhaps someone that has already posted here, might want to post to my question.

We are "thinking" of doing Freedom of the Seas itinerary, as it goes to St. Lucia, where I fell in love with it, and want to go back.:) If you have been on the Freedom within the past year, would you please give me (yes, I know it is YOUR opinion) the pros/cons of this ship?

We are on the June 23rd cruise itinerary that includes St. Lucia (RCL Southern Caribbean) and I plan to write a review upon return if not during the cruise. Naturally, I won't be posting those details here in this thread so watch for a new thread dedicated to my review during that period. If you would like to get an idea of the type of reviews I do just search for my moniker and the NCL Pride of America Hawaii review

• 2 weeks later...
I got off the Freedom at the end of last month. While I do not remember exact times, I do recall that they deactivated the room keys fairly quickly, so you would no longer be able to access your cabin with your SeaPass card. I don’t remember the exact time they were deactivated, but we noticed this before heading to breakfast, so do make sure you have all your belongings before leaving the cabin. On another note, you’ll love Freedom, she’s an amazing ship with a wonderful crew! Have a great vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you mean your card was deactivated...you can't come and go to your room as needed?!!

• 1 month later...
What do you mean your card was deactivated...you can't come and go to your room as needed?!!

After a certain time in the morning on the last day, you won't be able to access your cabin...usually around 8:30am. They want you to leave the ship ASAP. A whole new batch of vacationers will be waiting to board the ship. The last morning is short...your cruise is basically over when you go to bed on the last night.

If you go to breakfast early, you can get back into your cabin to grab your stuff, and go.

What specifically do you like about St. Lucia. We have booked excursions in every port expect St. Lucia & would like some ideas of what to do there from someone like you. Open to most things from local informational tours to lying on a beach to, well almost anything. If you were in port only one day, what would you do?

Existing tours are riding horses, swimming with dolphins, sailing & swimming with turtles at the other islands.

Thanks in advance for your sage guidance.

Two years ago I was on the Adventure and I remember self-assist was only available to US Citizens. We are sailing on Freedom in 2 weeks and I just noticed that the departure information for the cruise from 2 weeks ago mentions Self-assist but do not show that passengers need to be US Citizens. Does anyone know if this is still the case or if they changed this requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always head for breakfast around 7 AM, go back to our room and double check everything including the safe and vacate the room by 8 AM unless we do self disembarking.

June 14/2018

Good Morning Gay

Hope you are well .

I agree, we even go through drawers & bathroom.

I always forget something !

W

cruisedafewtimes

Hi Debbie & Wayne so nice to see you on here. :) I am doing well thank you. Daughter & I will be on the Emerald Princess with friends for a round trip Hawaii out of San Pedro next March 11th, then April 19 & 26 of 2020 we will be on the Allure for the first time. Those are a make up for the Oasis we were planning on going on this past April but had to cancel them. I really hope to find many of you on my future cruises. :) When she can, the daughter will be my new cruising partner.

Gay

Hi Debbie & Wayne so nice to see you on here. :) I am doing well thank you. Daughter & I will be on the Emerald Princess with friends for a round trip Hawaii out of San Pedro next March 11th, then April 19 & 26 of 2020 we will be on the Allure for the first time. Those are a make up for the Oasis we were planning on going on this past April but had to cancel them. I really hope to find many of you on my future cruises. :) When she can, the daughter will be my new cruising partner.

Gay

Glad to hear it !

Take care .

Just got off Freedom yesterday.

Pro: The size- big enough that people are spread out, but not so big that it’s a hassle to get from one spot to another.

Pro: In my opinion, I LOVED how many Puerto Rican’s were on this ship. I’ve never been on a ship and had it be so lively and active. People dancing all the time, the Pool DJ played lots of Spanish dance music, which felt a lot more Caribbean than if they just played a bunch of American music.

Puerto Rican’s also love to get dressed up. Not just on formal night, but all nights. We were definitely way underdressed and I was shocked to see how much dressing up there was. It was fun to see.

Speaking of how to dress, since most people on this ship live in the Caribbean, the style of dress was also a lot more Caribbean. When not dressed in suits and gowns, there were a lot of halter tops (on women of all ages, old and young, which was cool), tons of colorful flowery beach dresses and short shorts. Attire that most cruise critic posters are offended by were worn with pride and confidence, and it was totally appropriate on this cruise and acceptable (including in the dining room).

The ship did not go to bed early as I’ve seen with other cruises in the past. People stayed up well past 1am, dressed up and ready to participate in everything.

This trip was also great for Spanish language immersion (if you’re interested in working on your Spanish). I’d say at least 80% of the people on the ship spoke Spanish the majority of the time, which might be a con to some people, but I loved it and learned a lot of Spanish during the week, since nobody spoke English to me until they realized how bad my Spanish is.

A lot of my pros would be cons to a lot of people though.

Con: The Puerto Rican’s travel in packs, big ones! While this does add to the lively atmosphere, it creates a lot of trouble when trying to get through popular parts of the ship (like the promenade). Groups and families of 20-30 people were extremely common, which created a lot of hassles with dining and with other venues where the whole family wanted to stick together.

However, this is also part of what made the ship more lively (lots of dancing, lots of group participation in Karaoke, lots of laughter).

I have traveled from the Southern Caribbean before and didn’t find this to be the case. I think when we went before, school was back in session and that may be why it was a more watered down Americanized version of a typical cruise experience. This time we sailed at the beginning of June, the weekend after school got out, so there were a lot more locals on board. I preferred the experience this time around and would do it early summer again, but those who are uncomfortable around Spanish speakers and non-American culture, would likely have hated this ship this time of year.

What are pros to one are cons to another. Just be forewarned and know what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARandomTraveler

We are on the June 23rd cruise itinerary that includes St. Lucia (RCL Southern Caribbean) and I plan to write a review upon return if not during the cruise. Naturally, I won't be posting those details here in this thread so watch for a new thread dedicated to my review during that period. If you would like to get an idea of the type of reviews I do just search for my moniker and the NCL Pride of America Hawaii review

I’ll be joining you on the June 23rd cruise, reviews say the Freedom is a great ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums