Some ???? for a first time MSC cruiser

pamrose228

1} Are three meals a day served in the MDR, even on port days when the gets in to post after 1 pm?

2) Can you bring s case of water, soda and wine bottles onboard?

3) I believe we will be status matched to silver, will one or all of us get the $50 OBC?

4) How many formal nights and how formal does it get? On other nights what is the dress code for MDR?

Thats it for now, Thanks

Hi, please see answers below :)

1} Are three meals a day served in the MDR, even on port days when the gets in to post after 1 pm? Yes, the MDR is open for every meal

No, you cannot take drinks onboard

3) I believe we will be status matched to silver, will one or all of us get the $50 OBC?

No - the $50 is on selected departures through the MSC Voyagers Club, it is not on all cruises

4) How many formal nights and how formal does it get? On other nights what is the dress code for MDR?

Is it a week long cruise? If so there will be two formal nights. Other nights are generally very relaxed

Thats it for now, Thanks

1} Are three meals a day served in the MDR, even on port days when the gets in to post after 1 pm?

-> yes, but at cruises that only have 1 departure port the MDR will be closed for lunch on departure day.

-> the more bottles, the higher the chance the stuff will be confiscated.

-> Nobody, status don´t bring you any OBC.

-> usually 2, as formal as you want.

My answers are below in red!

If you have multiple departure ports, then yes, the MDR will be open. But if you only have one, it will be closed.

It is not allowed, but as one poster said, you could try and sneak them onboard

Check and see if your cruise got that promotion, it isn't for everybody

Should be 2 on a 7 night cruise. About half of the ship will not participate, but the other half will, and many will dress up very formally (ie tuxedos and gowns). They were strict on the Divina with who could and could not enter the dining room on formal night, so for the first time, everyone was dressed up to some degree when I went to dinner. A Hawaiian shirt will not cut it.

Thats it for now, Thanks

Let us know if you have any more later on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So I finally got my match and I was awarded a gold membership. Can I call my TA and get the voyagers club discount. Email from MSC said I should

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called TA and was given 5% off cruise rate. The prices are ridiculously low . I am paying for a 7 night Cuban cruise what I have paid for a 5 night one on the major cruise lines and this one includes 12 drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums