Freedom Jan 2020 Drydock Confirmed?

I called RCCL this morning and then again this afternoon, had 2 separate reps confirm that the Freedom Jan 19th 2020 sailing will be cancelled for a scheduled drydock but can't confirm what RCCL will offer in it's place so advised me to be patient and wait for an email.

This is fine, actually what I expected but my concern is that I booked this with a non refundable deposit. We take a winter trip every year and after our previous cancelled Celebrity cruises out of San Juan, because of charters we hoped this would be a safer bet...NOT... but here is the inconsistent information. One says she does not believe a refund is an option, the other says I'll have to accept another sailing once they offer it to avoid losing my refund and here on CC it's been posted if the cruise line cancels I'll get refunded. Has anyone had this type of situation that can verify? I'd like to have a few options in my arsenal before making any more decisions.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

If they cancel your cruise, you will get a full refund, including any non-refundable deposit.

Otherwise, Royal would be looking at cancelling cruises as a new income stream and would be cancelling everyone's cruises.