Celebrity food & wine cruise?

nhsails

Eastern Caribbean, January 3,2020

I've been on these sailings before, set up not through Celebrity but a group cruise from my travel agent. It is oftentimes limited to the first 100 or so guests that book and only certain cabin categories are involved. Does this sound familiar so far?? If I am looking at this right, you are on the Reflection??

I am finding it a little hard to believe that on this sailing, being way out in 2020, that the group is already sold out, though....but stranger things have happened so not saying it isn't. I am just not seeing this listed as one of these group sailings on the TA I've used in the past. But, here is an explanation of what is usually included in these group bookings:

A Food & Wine theme cruise may offer you the chance to see celebrated chefs prepare signature dishes and demonstrate cooking techniques. You might even have the opportunity to learn some of the secrets of their culinary artistry. Distinguished wine authorities may be on board to provide insight into the fascinating world of wine with lectures and tastings of select vintages. Depending on the cruise's destination, special shore excursions to local vineyards may be available as well. Within this category, there are some cruises that focus on food, some that focus on wine and some that highlight both.

The ones we've been on (3 in all) were absolutely fabulous. We've had special events set up throughout the sailing with special wine tasting, canapes, gifts, tours, etc as well as a not to be missed wine pairing luncheon. The ones we've attended have had either a 'celebrity chef' or wine makers from a specific winery / region. We had the opportunity to purchase a cookbook or wines at a reduced price during the sailing. For something a little different, I highly recommend these sailings if you can get in on the 'group'. The pricing is also pretty good, as were the included perks. The cruise itself is the destination.

Hopefully, this is what you are referring to ...

Our recent Summit Cruise was some kind of food cruise. I had no idea until after we sailed. There were some cooking and food/movie pairing activities, but I never knew they were special activities connected to the theme. 🤷

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our recent Summit Cruise was some kind of food cruise. I had no idea until after we sailed. There were some cooking and food/movie pairing activities, but I never knew they were special activities connected to the theme. 🤷

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The food movie pairing is not part of a theme but are now offered on the ships with the movi screens installed.

Cruise Raider I think you nailed it....we transferred a booking from Celebrity to a TA to sail with some friends. Thank you all so much!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is the same type of group cruise.

(yn)

We were on one with Silhoueete TA and never had a clue.

We had no idea anything like that was going on.

Poor marketing or there really was nothing much out of the ordinary and no big deal.

Cruise Raider, just got packet in mail complete with 2 aprons and description is exactly as you saud. Thanks so much

Yay!! You are going to love it.

Once when I booked my first one of these, I asked myself, 'what's the big deal?' I was thinking of switching promotions when a different one came out that included the beverage package and obc. I called the travel agent and she said (jokingly, of course), 'I won't let you switch'. Well, it wasn't until I attended the first event and realized 'what the big deal was'. It was limited to a relatively small group ... maybe 80 passengers total. That alone made it so special and so very glad that travel agent gave me the advice to not opt out of that group I originally booked it under. We had plenty of opportunities for some really awesome food and wines ... wines you couldn't get on the beverage package. I booked a couple more of these when they were offered and fit into my price range and schedule. I would book one of these again in a heartbeat!! Never have I been disappointed.

Enjoy ... so happy for you!!

Our first cruise back in 2010 with Celebrity was a food and wine cruise going down the Pacific Coast from Vancouver to San Diego and we plan on going on another one in 2020 since we are booked on an Eastern Caribbean in January 2019. We had a great time and started out in Vancouver BC.

We were sailing on the Millenium and planned on renewing our wedding vows after 25 years. While in Vancouver, we stated at the Loden - this is still our Gold Standard for hotels. They upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite as a surprise. We renewed our vows somewhere between Seattle and San Diego. I wore a white gown and had professional pictures taken.

We stopped at various wineries along the way. We had a great time.