Anyone use a reg sized scooter in a lanai cabin on rotterdam?

searoses

I know it will fit through the cabin door but is the intetior hall wide enough for it to be lined up exactly straight to head into the cabin...

I had the bright idea to use the lanai door which is wide enough but they will not provide a small portable ramp to get in and out...

Any info would be aporeciated...first time on hal and reg cabin.

(yn)

I know it will fit through the cabin door but is the intetior hall wide enough for it to be lined up exactly straight to head into the cabin...

I had the bright idea to use the lanai door which is wide enough but they will not provide a small portable ramp to get in and out...

Any info would be aporeciated...first time on hal and reg cabin.

(yn)

Whether it's a travel portable scooter or a full size it's not going to work. In lanai cabins the bed is closet to the main door and directly next to the wall of the bathroom. The open seating area is beyond the bed and next to the sliding door out to the deck. There is barely enough room to walk past the bed . No way are you going to be able to drive a scooter directly into the interior of the cabin. The scooter won't be able to go past the bed and would have to left in the hallway by the main cabin door thus blocking the main exit/entry as well as getting into the bathroom .

The lanai doors on the Veendam were really hard to open, very heavy, I found it impossible and had to get DH to open them. Saying that I really liked the lanai as I could see a lot happening from the sofa, many people passing, and the scenery too of course. Some did try to peer in, so if that worries you it wouldn’t suit. There wasn’t a lot of room though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read there is special glass that did not allow people to see in?did you not find that to be true?

The glass allows you to see out from the cabin, and people cannot see in unless they press their faces to the glass, which some do !

The glass allows you to see out from the cabin, and people cannot see in unless they press their faces to the glass, which some do !

Actually from my experience when the lights are on in the room people on the deck outside can see into the room.

Actually from my experience when the lights are on in the room people on the deck outside can see into the room.

Oh dear, I had assumed they couldn’t see anything from a distance !

• 3 weeks later...

When I had a lanai, we used to bring the travelscoot into the cabin by taking it onto the deck and then using the lanai door. It remained in front of the door in the cabin and out of the way during the night. In the I just went outside through the hallway to the promenade deck, opened the lanai door, and took the scooter out. A bit more complicated than in a regular cabin, but it did work. Travelscoots are smaller than most other scooters.

• 1 month later...
Whether it's a travel portable scooter or a full size it's not going to work. In lanai cabins the bed is closet to the main door and directly next to the wall of the bathroom. The open seating area is beyond the bed and next to the sliding door out to the deck. There is barely enough room to walk past the bed . No way are you going to be able to drive a scooter directly into the interior of the cabin. The scooter won't be able to go past the bed and would have to left in the hallway by the main cabin door thus blocking the main exit/entry as well as getting into the bathroom .

Read my post above. it's why I took the scooter in and out thorough the patio door. You can not see inside the room when the lights are on if you pull the curtains shut.

• 2 weeks later...
The lanai doors on the Veendam were really hard to open, very heavy, I found it impossible and had to get DH to open them. Saying that I really liked the lanai as I could see a lot happening from the sofa, many people passing, and the scenery too of course. Some did try to peer in, so if that worries you it wouldn’t suit. There wasn’t a lot of room though.

We had one of the HC Lanai cabins on the Veendam, the doors were fine automatic, the non HC ones near us seemed very hard to open