Current Cruisers - Any news on what's currently included (added to) Premium package ?

chamima

The price for the Premium drink package was increased by $4.00 ($4.70 with gratuity) a day on May 15th.

Some on here reported the the drink price limit was also increased to $15 from $13.

Just curious if any current cruisers have noticed any wines or other drinks that are now offered that weren't before?

Thanks

The $15 drink price limit has previously been on cruises out of Southampton and Australia where they have to include the gratutity in the published price.

I haven’t read of an increase in the price limit with the new $69 pd. If the limit was to increase to say $15 you can bet that a $12 glass of wine would jump to $14.

Hadn’t checked the website, my mistake. However I wouldn’t be surprised if they they raised the prices of wines and drinks on the Premium Beverage package- starting with the Martini Bar prices.

We had the Premium beverage package for most of our cruises in the next 18 month so we upgraded the other 2 Classic packages before the price increase.

I can’t comment on what is happening onboard current cruises since I am on land. I do know that it will be a major undertaking to change all of the drink menus to a new pricing structure. No idea how many menus there are. Unless this has been planned in advance and they have new menus ready to switch out as ships get into port from current cruises.

Another option is to have staff issued a bunch of “sharpies” and make price changes that way until the new menus arrive. Stickers over the top of the old prices would also work.

All of the point of sale software will also have to be updated on the ship.

We will have to wait and see what is going on over the next week or two as current and soon to be on board cruisers report back. Should be fun to hear and lead to some lively discussions on CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t comment on what is happening onboard current cruises since I am on land. I do know that it will be a major undertaking to change all of the drink menus to a new pricing structure. No idea how many menus there are. Unless this has been planned in advance and they have new menus ready to switch out as ships get into port from current cruises.

Another option is to have staff issued a bunch of “sharpies” and make price changes that way until the new menus arrive. Stickers over the top of the old prices would also work.

We will have to wait and see what is going on over the next week or two as current and soon to be on board cruisers report back. Should be fun to hear and lead to some lively discussions on CC.

To be honest we noticed a distinct lack of menus on the Equinox maybe in readiness for this change.

ETA

If you check the Drink Packages on the X website you will see the price increase to $69.00. In the description it now says drinks up to $15.00.

My cruise planner is showing increase to $69 but still states covers drinks up to $13?

Hoping we can get a positive report from someone on board this week!

ETA just checked general website listing is showing $15, hopefully just oversight that this has not been updated in cruise planner...

Edited by dutchclogs
update

Why do you think Celebrity needs to change all the menus?

As long as the individual drink prices do not change, the menu could stay the same.

Or are you one of those people that believe Celebrity is going to increase drink prices “across the board”?

Perhaps someone on a current cruise can provide us some feedback.

I think Celebrity will just have the drinks that are $14 and $15 included in the Premium package. For instance several additional drinks (the ones over the current limit) at the Molecular Bar, Dalwhinnie, and some more expensive wines.

Since the Classic package price is staying the same, It does not seem logical that all drink prices are increasing IMO.

Planning our first Celebrity cruise for 9/18. One thing I've noticed is that two of my favorite single malts, Laphroaig and Lagavulin, are now off the premium list. Not sure what else is different since I haven't sailed before, but there have been changes.

Planning our first Celebrity cruise for 9/18. One thing I've noticed is that two of my favorite single malts, Laphroaig and Lagavulin, are now off the premium list. Not sure what else is different since I haven't sailed before, but there have been changes.

I have a list from last September and Laphroaig and Lagavulin were on the Premium package then. I think they were on the Premium package prior to that date also but not positive as I deleted the earlier list.

Sorry I misread your post, thought you were saying they were on the Premium.

Hey Jagoffee

I’m not sure what you mean by asking if I’m “one of those people”

If you noticed the way I began my post it indicated that I did not know what X would be doing on board with the recent price increase of the Premium Package and the increase to $15.00 for included drinks.

My hope is there is no change in drink pricing.

Could you please explain who those people are so I can say yes or no if it includes me.

Thanks

My cruise planner says I can upgrade from classic alcohol package to premium alcohol for 16.52 per day??? Is this because I bought it during the BOGO 50% off sale? If so can I still upgrade if I wish onboard for the 4.70 per day. I am beginning to wonder if I will need to if drink prices are raised (and I am regretting not going premium even though I had classic last summer and was fine!). The upgrade price actually makes the premium more expensive than it was on sale :(

Just checked the list of brands included in the Premium Package an both Lagavulin and Laphroig single malts have been deleted. They now have 3 Macallans listed but no “heavy peat” single malts on the list. This is a negative for some scotch drinkers.

One more note to Jagoffee. You mentioned drinks over the limit at the Molecular Bar. That bar has been gone for more than a year and replaced by the World Class Bar. Diageo is the main supplier of alcohol to the WCBar and Lagavulin is one of their brands which makes the elimination of it in the Premium Package interesting.

Edited by RICCruisers

My guess is is that Lagavulin 16 has just become too expensive at around $100 per bottle retail give or take. They may have it with an upcharge. Not sure about Laphroaig though. The 10 is still reasonable and should be available based on price. Maybe not enough demand.

Does anyone have a list of what is included in the Classic & Premium packages with the new price and the new limit of $15? Sounds like some things have been taken off the Premium package.

We leave in 2 weeks hope to find out what changed.

Hey Jagoffee

I’m not sure what you mean by asking if I’m “one of those people”

If you noticed the way I began my post it indicated that I did not know what X would be doing on board with the recent price increase of the Premium Package and the increase to $15.00 for included drinks.

My hope is there is no change in drink pricing.

Could you please explain who those people are so I can say yes or no if it includes me.

Thanks

Sorry. After seeing what I said in the quote, I certainly should have used a different phase.

There were a few posts were members said they felt that Celebrity was going to raise the drink prices across the board, thus negating the benefit of the change to the new $15 limit.

I apologize, as “one of those people” does not really reflect what I was trying to say. It sounds too negative.

We will know when we start getting on board reports.

Just checked the list of brands included in the Premium Package an both Lagavulin and Laphroig single malts have been deleted. They now have 3 Macallans listed but no “heavy peat” single malts on the list. This is a negative for some scotch drinkers.

One more note to Jagoffee. You mentioned drinks over the limit at the Molecular Bar. That bar has been gone for more than a year and replaced by the World Class Bar. Diageo is the main supplier of alcohol to the WCBar and Lagavulin is one of their brands which makes the elimination of it in the Premium Package interesting.

My bad. I should know better since my wife and I really like the World Class Bar and have gone often on several different cruises. Brain Freeze.

Thanks

And these whiskies were the MAIN reason why we upgraded to the premium...SMH

Sorry. After seeing what I said in the quote, I certainly should have used a different phase.

There were a few posts were members said they felt that Celebrity was going to raise the drink prices across the board, thus negating the benefit of the change to the new $15 limit.

I apologize, as “one of those people” does not really reflect what I was trying to say. It sounds too negative.

We will know when we start getting on board reports.

No harm no foul. I too will be interested in what current cruisers are discovering about pricing of drinks. We have two cruises in late August and early Sept and are hoping our Premium package isn't "diluted" by any price increases.

By the way, we (especially DW) miss Molecular. Her favorite cocktail was the White Cloud.

Here is a link to the Bar Menus from January 2017 if anyone wants to be able to compare current pricing to about 15 months ago.

http://www.thepreismans.com/eclipse_so_car_menus.htm

Edited by RICCruisers
Adding a link

My guess is is that Lagavulin 16 has just become too expensive at around $100 per bottle retail give or take. They may have it with an upcharge. Not sure about Laphroaig though. The 10 is still reasonable and should be available based on price. Maybe not enough demand.

The Lagavulin 16 was $5 over the $13 limit of the Premium package this last February at the World Class Bar. My husband had it several times.

It will be interesting to see if it will now be $3 over or if they'll just raise the price so it's still $5 over.

The Lagavulin 16 was $5 over the $13 limit of the Premium package this last February at the World Class Bar. My husband had it several times.

It will be interesting to see if it will now be $3 over or if they'll just raise the price so it's still $5 over.

Good grief. Those prices have me seriously considering opening my bottle of Auchroisk 24yo 1991 and having a wee dram to calm me down:)

I have a feeling that we will see price increases on board. I can see X wanting to persuade people to upgrade from their classic package which seems to be almost always taken as a perk these days by having less options available under the classic package which still has the $9 limit and thus moving people to taking the upgrade. If there were no price rises then the temptation would be to just pay the difference per drink and a smaller difference is likely to be acceptable but if you have to pay $5-6 per upgraded drink the premium package looks very attractive.

The intensity of my thought processes around what Celebrity may or may not do has now convinced me that the bottle will need to be opened - after all the sun is over the yardarm here and has been for a considerable amount of time.:)

We are presently on the Infinity. We generally drink red wines, and the red wines on the premium package look the same as we remember from prior cruises. If someone wants to give me a list of five or so drinks I can check the prices and post here. The internet has been rather slow, so I don't want to commit to having to post a long list.

We are presently on the Infinity. We generally drink red wines, and the red wines on the premium package look the same as we remember from prior cruises. If someone wants to give me a list of five or so drinks I can check the prices and post here. The internet has been rather slow, so I don't want to commit to having to post a long list.

Thank you for the offer. Dalwhinnie would be a good test. Last January I paid around $1 extra over the $13 Premium limit. It should be included in the Premium package with a $15 limit. The same for several of the Cocktails over the limit in the World Class Bar.

Let us know when you get an opportunity. I assume the new limit is $15 (without the gratuity added)

Enjoy your cruise.