NCL Breakaway walking path

There is a walking/jogging track, but it’s in a high-traffic location on an upper deck with multiple turns. There are designated times for walking/jogging, but you’re constantly people dodging as most people are oblivious to the fact the track is in use unless they are using it. My husband (who is admittedly a big guy) has a scar on his arm from walking into a handrail to avoid a very small lady who had no idea she had just cut him off on his morning walk. We’ve been on Breakaway 3 times and it was like this every time we sailed.

This being said, with the change in home port your miles may vary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there is a deck which allows for walking exercise? We will be on the Breakaway TA in October and enjoy walking. We hope there is a designated area for this. Thank you.

Technically, there is one, but it is pretty short, and winds through some high traffic areas. We used in one time on an 12 night cruise. We had better luck going down to the Waterfront and taking a brisk stroll there. (Although, during our sailing, it was chilly and those areas were virtually deserted. Nicer weather would, I'm sure, make that deck more crowded. But it would also crowd up the walking/jogging track even more too.)

We enjoyed our Breakaway cruise very much, but it was still the worst designed ship we've been on. The situation above is just one example. When I think of the outstanding track on the ALLURE...I'm just amazed at how badly NCL messed up with this ship. It's not a deal-breaker, but it's like they didn't recognize the fact that more and more folks are trying to stay fit while on vacation, and a well-planned track can be a huge part of that.

Does anyone know if there is a deck which allows for walking exercise? We will be on the Breakaway TA in October and enjoy walking. We hope there is a designated area for this. Thank you.

You can walk along the Waterfront on deck 8. At the forward and aft elevator lobbies, you will need to cut through the ship to the other side. Nice walk. Shaded. Lots of comfy seats outside if you get tired.

On Deck 7, below the Waterfront, there are outer decks under the lifeboats. They don't go all around, but you can walk up and down them. They are usually empty--no problem with crowds. Sometimes there are crew out there working and you want to stay out of their way. There are almost no views to speak of, because of the life boats, but you get fresh air, a few peek-a-boo views, nice views fore and aft (where there are no lifeboats), and absolutely no crowding!!

the track can also get wet from the waterslides. just a poor design and location all around. on a TA in october, tho, i expect the slides to be quiet.

we usually walk the Waterfront. it sadly doesnt go all the way around but you can make a loop out of it by ducking in and walking across to the other side.

Many people choose to walk around deck 8, which is wider, quieter, and much longer. However, there is an outdoor smoking area on the starboard side.

Even if you walk back and forth on the port side to avoid smoke, I think it's better than walking on the upper area.

I would not recommend it for jogging though.

If all you truly want to do is walk and you aren't an early bird, the Waterfront is definitely better than the designated jogging track. The jogging track goes around the waterslides, next to the climbing wall and near Margaritaville. Even if people knew it was a jogging track and respected it, you'd have to deal with a lot of traffic who wants to use it to get from one place to another. While I didn't use it on the Getaway, I remember how horrible it was.

We strolled along the Waterfront many times, and it was much less busy, plus it was shaded if the weather is warm.

If all you truly want to do is walk and you aren't an early bird, the Waterfront is definitely better than the designated jogging track. The jogging track goes around the waterslides, next to the climbing wall and near Margaritaville. Even if people knew it was a jogging track and respected it, you'd have to deal with a lot of traffic who wants to use it to get from one place to another. While I didn't use it on the Getaway, I remember how horrible it was.

We strolled along the Waterfront many times, and it was much less busy, plus it was shaded if the weather is warm.

Agree. The jogging track closes at like 8 or 9 AM, but quite often the joggers and walkers don't respect this, so they are the ones getting in the way of people trying to use the area for other things.