Breakaway Entertainment Question

Maplemoose

I am considering a 2nd cruise on the Breakaway. We loved the 2 major shows the first time. However, after seeing Rock of Ages once and 3 versions of Burn the Floor, I would prefer something different. Does anyone know if any changes may be imminent in the next year or so?

Just got off the ship on Sunday. The two main shows are still Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. Although, before our cruise, we received an email that Rock of Ages was discontinued, then when we got on the ship, it was back on. I don't know if things will be changing soon.

They changed the name of Fat Cats to Syd's Pour House. They had a good band there and it was well attended every night we went.

Just got off the ship on Sunday. The two main shows are still Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. Although, before our cruise, we received an email that Rock of Ages was discontinued, then when we got on the ship, it was back on. I don't know if things will be changing soon.

They changed the name of Fat Cats to Syd's Pour House. They had a good band there and it was well attended every night we went.

We were on Breakaway for the TA just before dry dock. ROCK OF AGES was NOT on because (we were told), the contract with the producers had not been renewed on time, so they didn't have the rights to perform the show. Kind of a bummer with a 12 night cruise to miss one of the two major performance attractions. Glad it's back. But I'd also venture to guess it means the new contract is probably for at least a year.

Fat Cats, when we were on it, featured easily the world's worst '70s rock cover band. Just the pits. Hope the new name breathes some new life into it.

I am considering a 2nd cruise on the Breakaway. We loved the 2 major shows the first time. However, after seeing Rock of Ages once and 3 versions of Burn the Floor, I would prefer something different. Does anyone know if any changes may be imminent in the next year or so?

I loved both productions so much that I could see them 10 times and not be bored.

We were on Breakaway for the TA just before dry dock. ROCK OF AGES was NOT on because (we were told), the contract with the producers had not been renewed on time, so they didn't have the rights to perform the show. Kind of a bummer with a 12 night cruise to miss one of the two major performance attractions. Glad it's back. But I'd also venture to guess it means the new contract is probably for at least a year.

Fat Cats, when we were on it, featured easily the world's worst '70s rock cover band. Just the pits. Hope the new name breathes some new life into it.

We actually received an email prior to our cruise that Rock of Ages was cancelled. Then, when we got on board, it was back.

Also, the first few nights at Syd's Pour House (formerly Fat Cats) several members of the Rock of Ages cast appeared with the house band on stage and walked around and mingled with the crowd. It was pretty fun!

Not likely. BA moving from NYC to N.O. and then Miami.. It's easier to move ships around then to change major shows.