Celebrity Equinox Nightlife

smileycin

I booked a cruise with Celebrity Equinox for April 2019 and I am just wondering what the nightlife is like. This is my first time sailing with Celebrity and from what I understand it is more of a laid back cruise line which is exactly what I am looking for. I am 49 and my husband is 58 (a young 49 and 58 ;)) and although we are not big party animals, I am still hoping that there is some sort of nightlife on the ship.

It is laid back, that's a good word to use :). There isn't a ton to do after the shows. There is some music scattered around as well as a party once in a while. Unfortunately the parties are not usually well attended.

My complaint, if I had one is, if you don't drink and don't gamble, there's not a lot to do at night. But that's OK, going to bed earlier isn't an issue because I love the ship early in the morning.

Oh yea are we 60 but have been sailing Celebrity for 10+ years.

enjoy

I am 52 & DH 55; we DO like to party into the night. We do drink & gamble but like a bit of variety. We really enjoy the disco on Princess.

Silhouette had a small disco on a lower floor as well as bands in an upper lounge, so we did find some dancing most nights.

Apparently the "silent disco" is a very popular thing (everyone wears headphones & dances to their own thing?). I'm game...DH may think it bizarre. We shall see.

Princess & RCCL Allure (has to be those RCCL mega-ships) are our fav ships for activities whenever we wanted. Celebrity IS a bit tamer, but they have offered us SUCH value over other lines in recent years. We are paying the same for a balcony with the drink package (and other perks) thrown in as we paid for an interior plus drink package on other lines.

We have enjoyed listening to the bands and solo players in the various lounges at night. (We just got off the Equinox last week.) There were a couple of bands we liked a lot, who played (blues, Motown, old rock) mostly in the Grand Foyer. A lot of people danced to them; we saw the same people most nights. We also saw a couple of solo or duo acts who were fairly entertaining. Most of them play until 10 or so in the lounges and then play either in the Sky Lounge or on the Pool Deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Equinox for a 10 nighter earlier in May and went to most of the theater shows, then watched bands, caught snacks in the OVC and had nightcaps on our balcony. I realize everyone is different - but we found no shortage of things to do.

Thanks everybody for your input. I have read amazing things about Celebrity Equinox so I am super excited for this cruise which is ONLY about 10 months away. :) Like I had mentioned, we are not super party animals but we do like our drinks and listening to music, gambling etc so it sounds like the Equinox definitely has that.