Western Mediterranean Cruise in September

Moose12345

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what the sea might be like in September on a western Mediterranean cruise. I realize that it will always be different, but if you've travelled this sea at this time of year, could you please let me know how it was! Any information would be helpful! ;p:confused:

We have cruised both Eastern and Western Mediterranean; Eastern the month of September, Western the month of October. Both cruises were beautiful. The sea was so calm both times it was like gliding on glass. Have a wonderful time!!!!☺

Sent from my SM-J320P using Forums mobile app

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what the sea might be like in September on a western Mediterranean cruise. I realize that it will always be different, but if you've travelled this sea at this time of year, could you please let me know how it was! Any information would be helpful! ;p:confused:

Sep 9th out of Southampton ? Join you on this one xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did it sept 2016 seas were extremely smooth our only problem was it was very hot, tough since we hit Vatican and other Church’s in Italy and no shorts were allowed

We sailed Western Med the first week of October 2015 on Allure OTS. We had very good weather all week, except for the last day, which was our one-and-only sea day. The stormy weather resulted in restricted access to all outer areas of the ship, and the hangers in the closet were banging against the door from all of the rocking. But it was only one day at the end of our cruise. Both our cabin steward and MDR waiter mentioned that the weather had been really bad all week on the prior sailing, which was the last week of September.

We knew that the weather could be a factor when we booked our trip. In our case, the ship, itinerary and price worked for us so we took our chances. Sailing out of Florida during the summer months when our kids were young always included the possibility of storms. Our honeymoon sailing in July 2005 was in the middle of a very active hurricane season. It comes with the territory.

The uncertainty of the weather is an inherent risk of all forms of travel. Only you can decide if it is worth the gamble. Happy sailing!

All September.....

To date we've had no issues with the sea across the bay of biscay - on our first crossing it was like a mill pond with glorious warm sunshine.

We've had choppy seas twice coming from the Med in to the Atlantic between Gubraltar and Lisbon - that is apparently quite common.

We also had a very bumpy night leaving Rome,

We noticed it most walking from the front of the ship.