Best Month Alaska Cruise Tour

Whitnee1

Ok so I did a cruise tour some years ago in early June. Due to price I am now looking for feedback on May (early to mid) or late August for the same. Pros and cons will May still be too cold? TIA

Ok so I did a cruise tour some years ago in early June. Due to price I am now looking for feedback on May (early to mid) or late August for the same. Pros and cons will May still be too cold? TIA

We went in mid-May last year and enjoyed it. The weather was cool at times, but not extremely cold. We only had rain one day and there was still snow on the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have first hand experience of this, but I've read on Cruise Critic that in early May you might have trouble getting into Denali for the bus tours due to snow still on the ground. If you are planning to visit Tracey Arm Fjord ice could prevent your ship from making the visit. Obviously the timing of both these issues varies from year to year.

We have been to Alaska mid May in 2015, 2017 and 2018 (came back last weekend). We had dry, mostly warm weather and beautiful spring flowers and vegetation all around (and snowy picks as mentioned above). That said, now I would love to come back in late August/September. I can only imagine how beautiful fall foliage is in AK. So, if it was me, I would go with the price/best deal.