Mini Suites Getaway

thanks guys.. Didnt think the I would get the upgrade I bid on, but I did....Now regretting it..

May I ask your bid? I have one out for the 6/3 sailing ... balcony --> mini suite. I knew the only difference is the bathroom but with me, my daughter and my husband, I thought it might come in handy. I have $75 out there waiting for a bite ... I'm good with not winning but curious what might win. It's my graduation cruise :bottle-pop: so I thought I'd spend a little grad money for the extra sink, LOL.

Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the mini suite and a regular balcony cabin? It doesnt seem to be any different per pics? Thanks! Cruising in 12 days

The room is a tiny bit bigger. The extra sq footage is basically in the bathroom. You get a double sink and a full size shower. We always book a mini for the shower space.

I am on a 3 day next week - had a bid in for a mini suite from a balcony - the prices have gone so low, my bid was a bit more than the price for a guarantee rate so I pulled my bid and reserved a mini outright. I've been in tiny cabins - don't like it. The bit more of space I can get for a reasonable price, I will take it! Now I have to see what they give me lol.

May I ask your bid? I have one out for the 6/3 sailing ... balcony --> mini suite. I knew the only difference is the bathroom but with me, my daughter and my husband, I thought it might come in handy. I have $75 out there waiting for a bite ... I'm good with not winning but curious what might win. It's my graduation cruise :bottle-pop: so I thought I'd spend a little grad money for the extra sink, LOL.

We did 100, was soooo hoping my sister would get one instead!! We are sailing that day as well!! Found out yesterday..

The car wash shower is the bomb....JMHO.

I'll second that! But as far as a Getaway class mini goes, the only time I would pay more for one over a standard balcony is the deck 8 minis. That huge balcony for those is nice.

We did 100, was soooo hoping my sister would get one instead!! We are sailing that day as well!! Found out yesterday..

I found out this morning that we got the upgrade, too. I wonder if this ship isn't sold out. I hope I didn't waste $150 (and if we meet, don't tell my husband I upped our bid from our agreed-to $50 to $75, LOL!!)

I found out this morning that we got the upgrade, too. I wonder if this ship isn't sold out. I hope I didn't waste $150 (and if we meet, don't tell my husband I upped our bid from our agreed-to $50 to $75, LOL!!)

You'll like the shower.

You'll like the shower.

We also got deck 8 (upgrade from a getaway-level balcony, but we got perks). It sounds like you approve?

With a 17 year old daughter and myself, I sort of feel like the upgraded bathroom is a big bonus.

We also got deck 8 (upgrade from a getaway-level balcony, but we got perks). It sounds like you approve?

With a 17 year old daughter and myself, I sort of feel like the upgraded bathroom is a big bonus.

I do think the deck 8s make all the difference and I'd book one again over a standard balcony cabin. Here's way too many picture of the Getaway from probably 3 years ago. We were in a standard balcony cabin that time, so the few cabin pics are of that. And, having two daughters ourselves, you can't have a bathroom too big.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOu3t-LagaSph8-Q1NuSDlyonwWjDo7kuU556zrjiqPxe8DFGsGDauyzjuJpg5AYQ?key=aExpVl9rMkQ2WU8tUlI3RXhRUmZxeFJDZF81VHl3

And...I just found some pics of the next Getaway cruise when we were in the deck 8 mini. You'll notice I got pretty excited by the shower heads.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNvvd8TB00JBXBNWmPrIl9zZ-ySlo2Eku-o3TRd2kGGEdntarqP11bipi_mrYExcw/photo/AF1QipMV2ndCN4Xkv-xzicQxflBWQ-HMtirEYsrhnhI?key=T1hObTNQQktUQURfaE1BUTctOHJpRV9Wck1YV1pR

Edited by roger001

If you have got a deck 8 mini suite then you have probably been upgraded to one of the best non suite rooms on any NCL ship (in my opinion),.

I believe that all the deck 8 minis are ones with the large balconies, as in the pictures above. From memory, the other deck 8 rooms are all insides or balconies, so you should have one of the Mini Suites with Large Balcony.

Do you know the room number, or cabin category? If it is a M6 then you are a winner.

If you have got a deck 8 mini suite then you have probably been upgraded to one of the best non suite rooms on any NCL ship (in my opinion),.

I believe that all the deck 8 minis are ones with the large balconies, as in the pictures above. From memory, the other deck 8 rooms are all insides or balconies, so you should have one of the Mini Suites with Large Balcony.

Do you know the room number, or cabin category? If it is a M6 then you are a winner.

It is an M6 - 8120 is the cabin number. You are really making me happy about this true upgrade - thank you!!

It is an M6 - 8120 is the cabin number. You are really making me happy about this true upgrade - thank you!!

You did good. You'll like it! And deck 8 becomes the Waterfront. So you are a short walk and no elevators to most of the ship's activities, other than the outdoor stuff up on the top decks.

You did good. You'll like it! And deck 8 becomes the Waterfront. So you are a short walk and no elevators to most of the ship's activities, other than the outdoor stuff up on the top decks.

The guys booking us were trying to get us away from Deck 8 so my husband was a little concerned about it when I announced where we were. But we are pretty social night owls (I say we aren't your typical cruisers in that regard - we aren't looking for peace and quiet, we're looking for fun, LOL!). I liked the idea of being able to just head down the hall to grab a drink and hang out on our balcony so easily. That's my idea of a vacation!!

PS - thank you for the great pictures!!