Change from Marriott Waikiki Hotel

Econom405

Just received an email from NCL stating as of August they are changing the hotel from the Marriott Waikiki to a new hotel called Alohaini, which is new. I looked at the website, looks pretty nice. I just wish they would have provided more information, as we would like to schedule a few nights prior to the "free" night. I think the room at Marriott, the rooms were partial ocean view correct?

The Alohilani used to be called the Pacific Baech hotel and still features a large aquarium. It has been closed for a while for a renovation and reopening. It is about a block away from the Marriott in the heart of Waikiki.

I have not heard anything good or bad since the reopening. We stay at the Waikiki Hilton About a block from both the Marriott and Alohilani.

The Alohilani used to be called the Pacific Baech hotel and still features a large aquarium. It has been closed for a while for a renovation and reopening. It is about a block away from the Marriott in the heart of Waikiki.

I have not heard anything good or bad since the reopening. We stay at the Waikiki Hilton About a block from both the Marriott and Alohilani.

We stayed at the Pacific Beach many, many, years ago & found the location very convenient. Very glad to hear they kept the aquarium.

The hotel should be able to provide some information relative the room NCL provides which is very likely run of the house. That said, when hotel guests book extra nights in a higher priced room, many hotels allow them to stay in the same room.

I am very upset with NCL and NCL’s Customer Support. We had just made our final payment last week when they informed me that they were moving us to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This was an unacceptable change. They had to know this was going to happen before last week. My travel agent and later myself contacted NCL and got nowhere. I am very familiar with the Hilton and do not want to stay there. They basically said, too bad. I tried to get them to do come compensation like a hotel upgrade, free Wi-Fi, or even a meal upgrade at one of their speciality restaurants and they said absolutely no compensation. They even spoke that is was too late for me to do anything about it as the penalty would be to large. I told them I was very savvy regarding social media and would be highly critical of them They basically invited me to bring it on. I think NCL’s Customer Support is the worst of any travel company I have dealt with and I will never book another cruise with them again. I feel they did a “bait and switch” with me and made zero effort to listen to how I felt. I have spoken with other people and they shared their bad experiences with NCL on other cruises. Buyer Beware if you book a cruise with NCL.

Everyone has different reason on what the like or don’t like in a hotel. What bothers me about NCL is that they made absolutely no effort to try and make things right. The Hilton Village is too far away from where I wanted to stay at Waikiki Beach. They could have offered the other hotel if it was closer to The Marriott, but they didn’t. They could have said when I made the reservation two weeks ago that I would not be staying the Marriott, but they didn’t. If they had said I would be staying at the Hilton, I would not have accepted the package. It is like telling you that you will be staying at the Disney Resort only to change it to be two miles away. Location of where I am staying is more important than the hotel. The way I was treated by NCL was totally unacceptable. They said they record all conversations. I hope they will play it back to their management as how not to treat a customer.