Adventure Diamond lounge times

Hi,

I just booked a b2b on the Adventure and was wondering the times for the Diamond lounge in the evenings. Has anyone recently been on this ship who might know?

Thanks,

Mary&Jim

Thank you for the information. I was looking at booking My Time and wanted to try to plan around the Diamond lounge times.

Mary

Mary, my post was not set in concrete. A more accurate description is starting 30 minutes before early traditional dining until when late traditional dining starts.

That can change depending on where the ship is sailing.

We are sailing Adventure on a B2B in January and our dining is listed as 8:15.

Enjoy your cruise!

Were you able to use the vouchers in MDR at early seating.

You should be. I could be wrong but I thought this was instituted fleet-wide. We used ours on Oasis last summer. You should be able to use your vouchers in the MDR at any point during the DL drink hours.

Mary, my post was not set in concrete. A more accurate description is starting 30 minutes before early traditional dining until when late traditional dining starts.

Enjoy your cruise!

No, the "standard" timing is one hour before first/main seating until the time of second seating.

If Adventure is 5:30 & 8, Lounge hours should be 4:30-8:00.

You should be. I could be wrong but I thought this was instituted fleet-wide. We used ours on Oasis last summer. You should be able to use your vouchers in the MDR at any point during the DL drink hours.

Absolutely NOT.

I wish.

I don't think even HALF of the ships are allowing vouchers to be used in the restaurants.

This varies greatly from ship to ship...all you can do is ask...if not just go to the nearest bar...we did on our last Harmony and Anthem cruise.

I don't think even HALF of the ships are allowing vouchers to be used in the restaurants.

Yeesh, like I said, I could be wrong... and I was. The DL concierge on Oasis told me it was a new policy last June, silly me for thinking RC would have rolled it out on all ships almost a year later. Pretty dumb but not surprising.

No, the "standard" timing is one hour before first/main seating until the time of second seating.

If Adventure is 5:30 & 8, Lounge hours should be 4:30-8:00.

No, the standard timing on our Brilliance cruise was 30 minutes. I'm looking at the letter as I post. 5-8:30.

EDIT: which is correct because first seating is 6PM. Relying on my senior memory is never good Carol. LOL

Edited by steveru621

Enjoy your cruise!

It's always 1 hr before

• 1 month later...

I have a B2B on Adventure booked for this December. My original invoice said that late seating was 8:15 pm. My most recent invoice says 8:00 pm. Guess we will have to wait to get on ship to find out for sure.

I have a B2B on Adventure booked for this December. My original invoice said that late seating was 8:15 pm. My most recent invoice says 8:00 pm. Guess we will have to wait to get on ship to find out for sure.

Yep. Your best resource for the cruise you are on is that ships Cruise Compass.

Are the hours the same for a 6 day cruise?

The hours don't change based on the length of the ship's voyages. The ship has its own schedule, and as stated above, Lounge hours for "free drinks" are based on the fixed traditional dining times.

The cocktail time begins one hour before first seating and ends at the start of second seating.

5:30 & 8 traditional dining times = 4:30 to 8 "happy hours".

6 & 8:30 traditional dining times = 5 to 8:30 "happy hours"

The hours apply wherever you get your drinks. (in the Lounge; at a bar with vouchers; where available, in the restaurants with vouchers)

Now and then there is a ship that deviates from this rubric. For a while, Anthem was one of them. Not sure what she is doing now. Haven't been on in six months.

The hours don't change based on the length of the ship's voyages. The ship has its own schedule, and as stated above, Lounge hours for "free drinks" are based on the fixed traditional dining times.

The cocktail time begins one hour before first seating and ends at the start of second seating.

The hours apply wherever you get your drinks. (in the Lounge; at a bar with vouchers; where available, in the restaurants with vouchers)

Now and then there is a ship that deviates from this rubric. For a while, Anthem was one of them. Not sure what she is doing now. Haven't been on in six months.

Thank You

It’s more than 30 minutes. I’m pretty sure it’s an hour before early seating.

If you eat dinner in AD WJ there is a bar there that is very convenient for using your drink vouchers. They served better wine than the lounge did too, although that probably changes from cruise to cruise.

We were on the Adventure in May and the hours in the Diamond Lounge were 4:30 to 8 PM. We will be on the ship again on 7/27. There will be a different concierge on duty as Christopher is gone for a while.

Fred

• 3 months later...

I just got off the Adventure on 11/4/18.  The Diamond Lounge hours were 4:30 - 8pm, and it was very crowded.  The Viking Crown Lounge became the "unofficial" overflow lounge, and about 60% of it's occupants during these hours were from the Diamond Lounge.  You have to get your own drinks, as there is no DL service in the Viking Crown, except to clean off the tables.