anyone any onfo on the premium upgrade package for island escape?

muffinman1

I heard you can upgrade for £10.95 pppd, does this include all the drinks from the bars ( bottles of champagne excluded ) id love to know that if I upgrade I can get a decent brandy , or whisky or vodka, and bottles of beer and cans of cider & Guinness , anyone help me out here, we go in 13 weeks ( 21st Oct 14) , all info will be much appreciated

Thanks

Muffinman

I heard you can upgrade for £10.95 pppd, does this include all the drinks from the bars ( bottles of champagne excluded ) id love to know that if I upgrade I can get a decent brandy , or whisky or vodka, and bottles of beer and cans of cider & Guinness , anyone help me out here, we go in 13 weeks ( 21st Oct 14) , all info will be much appreciated

Thanks

Muffinman

Sorry do not know what exactly is on the premium upgrade this year but here is the link to Rebel Rouser's 2013 bar list copy (missing the second page of cocktails & liqueurs) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=286444&d=1379144562

I would assume it is much the same as most of the premium drinks listed except the 2014 prices will all be 10p or so higher.

I was quite happy with the AI... I did meet a regular IE cruiser who tipped his favourite bar waiter 20 Euros per cruise & his glass was always replaced with scotch & lemonade to his exact liking before his previous one was empty without his asking.;)

I returned a couple of weeks ago and we upgraded because my husband thought the AI spirits tasted odd, and there house wine can become for me bit 'ropey' ,,,,,,, and yes you are correct for £10.95 per person, per day you can have anything from the drinks menu , EXCEPT champagne, bottled water, and room service is still chargeable. Also speciality coffees will remain chargeable too.

The offer can only be purchased within the first two days of arriving and all cabin occupants must have (except of course children). We were asked by the bar staff if we wanted as soon as we arrived (I think they must be on a commission).

But I will say the prices of drinks are not extreme anyway most drinks about £1.85.

And if you like cigarettes they sell them on special offer days at £4.50.

• 8 months later...
I returned a couple of weeks ago and we upgraded because my husband thought the AI spirits tasted odd, and there house wine can become for me bit 'ropey' ,,,,,,, and yes you are correct for £10.95 per person, per day you can have anything from the drinks menu , EXCEPT champagne, bottled water, and room service is still chargeable. Also speciality coffees will remain chargeable too.

The offer can only be purchased within the first two days of arriving and all cabin occupants must have (except of course children). We were asked by the bar staff if we wanted as soon as we arrived (I think they must be on a commission).

But I will say the prices of drinks are not extreme anyway most drinks about £1.85.

And if you like cigarettes they sell them on special offer days at £4.50.

Hi i wonder if you could help me i am going on ie very shortly and wondered if there is any irish cream at the bars either a local version or the proper baileys.?

• 1 month later...

There is Baileys you either pay per glass or its on the upgrade, but not on the standard all inclusive. Wé have stayed in many European all inclusive hotels and its always been local drinks not premium so didn't have a problem with the Island charge to upgrade. On our last (5th) I. E. cruise we upgraded after a regular introduced my partner to the delights of Baileys and Tia Maria!

Hey all,

we're heading onto IE near the end of June and also came here to find some info on the drinks to decide whether it's worth while upgrading to the premium package.

My Mrs' favorite drink is Malibu, but alas it seems to be missing from the 2013 menu I've seen.

Does anyone have an up to date copy of the drinks menu perhaps please?

Cheers!! :)

Barry

Hey all,

we're heading onto IE near the end of June and also came here to find some info on the drinks to decide whether it's worth while upgrading to the premium package.

My Mrs' favorite drink is Malibu, but alas it seems to be missing from the 2013 menu I've seen.

Does anyone have an up to date copy of the drinks menu perhaps please?

Cheers!! :)

Barry

You are much more likely to get a reply on the Island Escape Facebook page than on here. Post on there and you will get an immediate answer. Have a great cruise.

You are much more likely to get a reply on the Island Escape Facebook page than on here. Post on there and you will get an immediate answer. Have a great cruise.

Great idea! Thank you campolady

Hope you're both having a great time RR!! Are Daniella and Ben on there for the final season? If you see Mallorca Chap give them our best wishes...

Enjoy your last few days....we're off on Celebration on Thursday for two weeks.:)