Terrible reviews on Facebook

hlsess

My reviewof my recent cruise has just been published. I did no research before sailing. Since I have been in the Caribbean many times, I just sit back and relax. Usually I do not take excursions. However, since we had a nice bit of OBC and were going to new islands, we booked a few excursions. We were really pleased with them. bequia and Monserrat were very interesting. No crowds or big ships and resorts. Our tours were very good. The best was Barbados on disembarkation. Since our plane was late, we opted to take the excursion. We were amazed at some of the stops. We have stayed on that islands many times. It was nice revisiting old places and we also went to new ones too.

Hi, Could you please tell me what the timing was for the tour you took in Barbados? We're thinking about doing this tour, but need to find out if it ends in time for us to catch our flight. Also, which tour did you like in Montserrat? Thanks!

We disembarked at 8:15, and took the small bus to the terminal where we had to identify our luggage. We didn't have to move it. After that we went onto the small bus for the tour. By the time we collected everyone, it was 9 am. We were on our way. Tour was posted as 4.5 hours with arrival at the airport in time for checkin for flights leaving after 2:30. Tour guide got us to the airport at 1pm. It was plenty of time. We had a 4:35 flight. We had to wait until 1:35 to checkin. The airport is small. It has a limited number of checkin counters. Be patient. Take the tour. It was very good. Lunch was a very good buffet with drinks. Enjoy!

Hi folks,:) hoping I can get some feedback..........oh, I don't do FB either and guess what, never have.....don't care and guess I am one of the few people left in the world who is not on it.

I have been wanting to try Windstar for a long time....this year is out of the running......but next year I definitely want to sail with them. There is a wonderful itinerary I have always wanted to visit called "Belles of the British Isles". The website only shows a 1 time sailing for Sept 2018. (I cannot do that one)........do any of you regulars know if they will be offering this one in 2019?

We disembarked at 8:15, and took the small bus to the terminal where we had to identify our luggage. We didn't have to move it. After that we went onto the small bus for the tour. By the time we collected everyone, it was 9 am. We were on our way. Tour was posted as 4.5 hours with arrival at the airport in time for checkin for flights leaving after 2:30. Tour guide got us to the airport at 1pm. It was plenty of time. We had a 4:35 flight. We had to wait until 1:35 to checkin. The airport is small. It has a limited number of checkin counters. Be patient. Take the tour. It was very good. Lunch was a very good buffet with drinks. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the info!

Hi folks,:) hoping I can get some feedback..........oh, I don't do FB either and guess what, never have.....don't care and guess I am one of the few people left in the world who is not on it.

I have been wanting to try Windstar for a long time....this year is out of the running......but next year I definitely want to sail with them. There is a wonderful itinerary I have always wanted to visit called "Belles of the British Isles". The website only shows a 1 time sailing for Sept 2018. (I cannot do that one)........do any of you regulars know if they will be offering this one in 2019?

Hello Lois,

I would suggest you create a new thread with a direct heading related to your question. I thank many folks are no longer following this thread, as it seems to have lost a lot of steam. You may also want to contact Windstar directly and ask them about 2019 sailings that are not actually listed yet.

Hello Lois,

I would suggest you create a new thread with a direct heading related to your question. I thank many folks are no longer following this thread, as it seems to have lost a lot of steam. You may also want to contact Windstar directly and ask them about 2019 sailings that are not actually listed yet.

Thanks.......will contact them directly later this week.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Wind Spirit in French Polynesia and we LOVED it! So did the rest of the friends we made on the cruise. I heard no complaints, excepting not having enough indoor space for visiting with friends. The lounge was a nice space but the onboard entertainment was too loud for conversation. Otherwise the accommodations, service and food plus excursions were all terrific!

We have sailed on Windstar since 1983, and never had a bad time - always an amazing cruise. We have leaving for an ocean crossing in 24 days and I can't wait to board the Windsurf. Bad reviews are due mainly to passengers not knowing they were boarding a small yacht, with over 60% repeat cruisers who want the small yacht with amazing service and food, not a mega yacht and thousands of their new best friends. Everyone we have included in our voyages are now repeat cruisers, and Windstar is their first choice.

Launch as in first time in the water :-)

Keel laid on March 27, 1985

Launched (without sail), Wednesday Nov. 13, 1985 then 6 months of fitting up.

Masts installed, July 5th, 1986 (a 1889 U.S. silver dollar is under the mainmast)

First Sea Trial, Sunday, Sept. 21, 1986

First Sea Trial with sail up, Sept. 28, 1986

Sail to the Azores and Grand Bahama on Oct. 12, 1986

Arrived Azores on Oct. 18

Arrived Freeport, Oct. 29

Arrived Miami, Nov. 1, 1986

Daily cruise from Miami for travel agent: First week of Nov. 1986

First shakedown charter for paid passengers: 15 Nov. 1986

Total cost: $34.2 million

Cheers