How to kill a couple of hours on Galveston Island?

Familygoboston

We disembark and have several hours before we need to transfer to Hobby for an early evening flight.

Any atmospheric restaurants where we could do brunch and kill a few hours, while stashing our bags?

A tour guide or driver service that could show us around the island and then transfer us to the airport? Sit through a time share pitch? 😂 Any ideas welcome!

For a while there was a luggage storage company but I’m not sure of their existence anymore.

The Strand are is one block over from Harborside and it comes to life around 10am it so. Lots to see, think NOLA architecture and shops.

Seawall Blvd isn’t within walking distance with or without luggage. Let me check while I’m at UTMB tomorrow and get back with you.

I could surprise my wife and tell her we are picking up total strangers from Cruise Critic and showing you guys around...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For a while there was a luggage storage company but I’m not sure of their existence anymore.

The Strand are is one block over from Harborside and it comes to life around 10am it so. Lots to see, think NOLA architecture and shops.

Seawall Blvd isn’t within walking distance with or without luggage. Let me check while I’m at UTMB tomorrow and get back with you.

I could surprise my wife and tell her we are picking up total strangers from Cruise Critic and showing you guys around...

:') Oh that would go over well, ha ha! Thanks for looking for me,

I was thinking of going over to fisherman’s wharf for brunch, but honestly, with a couple of big bags, (ok 4 :o) I’m not sure how they would react to us showing up with all of it! (“Hey, we figured it’s Tx, you can handle BIG” 😂)

We are staying on seawall, pre cruise, but it doesn’t seem to make sense to go all the way back out there when we want to leave the island by afternoon.

The place to stash your bags is called the Cruise Stop.

It's at the corner of 25th and strand.

The address is 2418 Strand.

You can put your luggage there for a while .Then walk around the Strand and walk over to Fisherman's Wharf. Everything is walkable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The place to stash your bags is called the Cruise Stop.

It's at the corner of 25th and strand.

The address is 2418 Strand.

You can put your luggage there for a while .Then walk around the Strand and walk over to Fisherman's Wharf. Everything is walkable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That’s Awesome! Perfect! That exactly what we need! Thank you, behold the power cruise critic!! :halo:

We disembark and have several hours before we need to transfer to Hobby for an early evening flight.

Any atmospheric restaurants where we could do brunch and kill a few hours, while stashing our bags?

A tour guide or driver service that could show us around the island and then transfer us to the airport? Sit through a time share pitch? 😂 Any ideas welcome!

If you want something totally different take a ride to Kemah ,you will not be sorry .It is not that far from Galveston .

The Great Storm Theater is located at Pier 21 showing three 20 minute movies: The Great Storm of 1900, Jean LaFitte, the pirate and Immigration into Galveston.

Also there: Texas Seaport Museum and Tall Ship Elissa; Harbor tour from museum area also.

Ocean Star Drilling Rig Museum at Pier 20

Railroad Museum at 25th and Strand

More than enough to keep you busy for several hours

Thank you to the OP and to Spraygun for this amazing info! I jumped on here to ask the same thing! (y)

We’ve find half our trip (sea day today) but I plan to post our experience here when we get back. We will try Cruise Stop for luggage storage on Sunday. But our first visit we saw folks using it, seemed easy peasy!

• 3 weeks later...
I’ll walk over Saturday and check!

Thank you BallFour4. I sail end of April, the information would be greatly appreciated.

They are on FB. If you have it you may want to message them.

I do not (hangs head in shame). Just never really got around to getting one. Dont know that I want to to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...