Coffee Machines in Suites

annarack

Thanks both! I should have checked P&O website first, I didn't dream they would have a FAQ dedicated to coffee machines! Thanks again.

Nor me annarack, I booked a suite for later this year, for my special birthday cruise. First time in a suite, so I was trawling the FAQ for suite related questions. Some of the FAQs are amazing, some are just crazy! It gives a fun 5 minutes thinking “surely no one asks *that*?”!!!

Anyway, When I saw they had pod machines, I hoped they’d provide chocolate pods, but they obviously don’t, so I may buy a few Senseo chocolate pods, and take with me (the buffet hot chocolate tasted weird last Christmas)

Enjoy your suite :)

Nor me annarack, I booked a suite for later this year, for my special birthday cruise. First time in a suite, so I was trawling the FAQ for suite related questions. Some of the FAQs are amazing, some are just crazy! It gives a fun 5 minutes thinking “surely no one asks *that*?”!!!

Anyway, When I saw they had pod machines, I hoped they’d provide chocolate pods, but they obviously don’t, so I may buy a few Senseo chocolate pods, and take with me (the buffet hot chocolate tasted weird last Christmas)

Not all suites have the same machine. On some ships the coffee is in something like a tea bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not all suites have the same machine. On some ships the coffee is in something like a tea bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it mentions Britannia is different on the link. Are there any others that you know are now different? I’ll be on Arcadia, I am not sure which ship the OP will be on.

Don't know about Britannia, the other ships in both suites and mini suites have rather old Senseo machines which I think are useless. They have things that look like oval tea bags. You can ask your butler, steward in the case of mini suites, for the strength you prefer but I've never been able to get a good, hot cup of coffee from a Senseo machine. I've just come off Aurora where we had a mini suite and even though I warmed the cup up first the coffee still wasn't hot, especially once I'd put milk in it. Oh for a Nespresso machine - I'd even be willing to take my own pods.

Britannia coffee machines are Dulce gusto or Tassimo I can't remember which. They are pods which give just a filter tasting coffee but no nice crema on top like with the Senseo.

You need to remember to turn the lever off to stop the cup overflowing as it's doesn't switch off like the Senseo - I learnt the hard way 😄 much prefer the Senseo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

You need different pod holders for the chocolate pods as they are different to the coffee ones, I doubt they will have the correct holder on the ship.

You need different pod holders for the chocolate pods as they are different to the coffee ones, I doubt they will have the correct holder on the ship.

Ahh, I hadn’t realised. Thanks for that info, shame. I’ll need to make do with instant chocolate then ;)

Don't know about Britannia, the other ships in both suites and mini suites have rather old Senseo machines which I think are useless. They have things that look like oval tea bags. You can ask your butler, steward in the case of mini suites, for the strength you prefer but I've never been able to get a good, hot cup of coffee from a Senseo machine. I've just come off Aurora where we had a mini suite and even though I warmed the cup up first the coffee still wasn't hot, especially once I'd put milk in it. Oh for a Nespresso machine - I'd even be willing to take my own pods.

Azura machine made half cup size lots so we hit the button again for full weaker quantity. But two days of that and with good hot coffee and breakfast waiting for us at the Epicurean, we put away the machine for the duration.