princess club class dining

valerio

It seams Club Class is a money thing..... it is your money if you think it is worth it do it....

I know a few people who only travel in inside cabins.... good you them (it is a lot cheaper)

We travel in a suite, but that is what we enjoy.. so we get club class dining as well... which is good..... The world is full of different peoples with different ideas.... So chill out and enjoy your cruise.... and if you payed top or bottom dollar the choice was yours and you felt happy with what you spent.

Cheers Don

A little bit of a pet peave more. We now pay 4 to 6 hundred for what used to cost 2 to 3. For the additional money, elites get zero back if they do fixed dining as I do.

If the Club dining provided the difference, I could see paying more, but for the extra price, we could go to the crown grill every dinner.

Although I would not say that Club Class Dining is worth an unlimited amount of money, it is a great addition to the Princess offering.

We enjoyed Club Class Dining while cruising in a Suite on a 28 day Emerald Cruise. The service and extra offerings were excellent in our opinion.

IMO the market will determine how much more it is worth for a Premium Location Mini-suite with Club Class Dining. Without Club Dining, Princess is at a competitive disadvantage.

Although I would not say that Club Class Dining is worth an unlimited amount of money, it is a great addition to the Princess offering.

We enjoyed Club Class Dining while cruising in a Suite on a 28 day Emerald Cruise. The service and extra offerings were excellent in our opinion.

IMO the market will determine how much more it is worth for a Premium Location Mini-suite with Club Class Dining. Without Club Dining, Princess is at a competitive disadvantage.

As long as they give away the elite perks for these, I think CC will stick around.

Without Club Dining, Princess is at a competitive disadvantage.

Before Club Class was introduced, the ships always sailed full or almost full.

The difference was that the mini-suites that are now Club Class did not cost as much compared to before Club Class.

The ships still sail as full as ever, but with more $$$ to Princess with very little additional costs to Princess involved.

I enjoyed club class dining; for me it is more about showing up whenever and getting a table. Even if I used the extra money on specialty dining; I still have to make a reservation to eat.

For all those doing a $/day computation, remember the figure you get isn't just for Club Class

dining, it's also for the always-has-been-more-expensive midships mini-suite.

Very True! The midship mini-suites and always been more expensive.

We have sailed in 3 suites but none of the ships at that time had the club class. In fall of last year we booked the Pacific for the British Isles cruise this August. We always book a mini suite. It was only $100 more total for us to book in the club class so we jumped on it.

Will let you know how it goes on this ship.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our cruises in club class. My husband really enjoys it so I make the "sacrifice" and go with the mid-ship mini. My preferred location is forward. I love to feel the movement of the ocean. As a number of posters have said, "worth it" is in the eye of the spender. To the people who say they could just eat every night at the Crown Grill, I say to myself, why? We don't eat in steakhouses on land. If we want great steaks my husband heads off to our local butcher and they are fabulous. There are many dishes Princess serves that we would never make at home so eating in the dining room is very enjoyable to us.

Back to the Crown Grill - I mean no disrespect to the people to love dining there, if you enjoy it and it makes you happy that's great. I was just trying to say I don't get it, probably the same way people don't get spending whatever amount of money on club class.

We will be in a mini suite on our next cruise. How do you know if it’s club class?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess took what were "MA" code mini-suites, turned them into club

class, and gave them a "M1" code.

What were, and remain, "MB", "MC", etc., mini-suites remained ordinary mini-suites.

Edited by Haboob
Typo

For all those doing a $/day computation, remember the figure you get isn't just for Club Class

dining, it's also for the always-has-been-more-expensive midships mini-suite.

We have a club class mini suite booked on the Regal for next April and it is not one of the mid ships minis, it is at the front of the ship with a HUGE balcony too!!

Club class is category M2 on the Pacific.

Interesting. Is that only "M2", or both "M1" and "M2"?

If both, does that mean Princess then expanded Club Class on the Pacific

after introducing it?

Thank you.

Looking at decks plans, no M1 on Pacific Princess, only M2. For example, on Royal/Regal club class minis are M6 and M1 only. Just differents codes for differents ships.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

We had Club Class dining a few months back on CB and loved it. Did have a 10 minute wait to be seated one evening (not a big deal). Service was great. We asked to have a fixed service team and were accommodated, this request certainly contributed to our brief wait.

Just off Coral where we had a non-club mini and lamented the expected loss in service. Didn't happen though - our late fixed dining team was as good as any we've ever had - certainly as good as our recent CC experience.

This takes the decision down to price. Looking at new bookings I see minor differences in cost (a few $10's pp/pd), I'd pay that. However, I also see differences of $50+ pp/pd, and that is completely unreasonable IMHO. To each their own, but I personally wouldn't advise overpaying for CC.

Jon

I have to agree, We took CC last June to the Baltics when it was just introduced and the price difference was negligible, but when enquiring for my next cruise it was nearly going to cost an extra $50 p/p/pd which I thought would be better spent on our excursions. However, I must say CC was very personable, with waiters calling you by your name, we chose whenever we ate and the dining room was nearly always half full, no crowds, meals were okay, nothing to rave about, but waiting time was reasonable. Position of cabin was Dolphin deck without a roof over the balcony, so this was a minus, bed so, so comfortable. I feel it is not worth the money this time though, and I know I will miss the experience we had on our previous cruise.

We were on for 28 days and were not impressed with CC (suite).

Many nights we had to wait.

The menu is the same as the rest of the DR and its only a featured appetizer and sometimes an additional entree.

Not worth the extra money if you are just in a mini. IMO

Wow, what ship were you on? We just got off the fully booked Royal and had a wonderful CC experience. No waits ever and tables always available. We usually went between 6-6:45pmish. After a couple days we found the wait staff we clicked with and sat in their area for the rest of the cruise. Sat down and my special made drink was there almost immediately after sitting down. And after the first night they knew not to bother asking us if we wanted the fresh pepper or not. And at breakfast, they knew to give my hubby the regular dining room OJ, not the freshly squeezed of CC!! I agree about the different salad or pasta entry as they were negligible. But to eat traditional dining at any time was fabulous. Could make a 7pm show even if sat down at 6, if that is important. I even ate in speciality dining 3 nights out of 10 and CC was nicer (the food was better at Crown though! Grin) Liked our bigger balcony and on deck 12 it is completely covered which was nice (and private enough from the seawalk by deck 12 by the way). So I will never go back unless pricing is ridiculous. Next cruise is a Canada/NE one and the difference between a CC mini and a regular mini right next to it is $9.57pp per day. Well, worth it to me! So sorry your experience was bad.

Pooh

• 1 month later...
We were on for 28 days and were not impressed with CC (suite).

Many nights we had to wait.

The menu is the same as the rest of the DR and its only a featured appetizer and sometimes an additional entree.

Not worth the extra money if you are just in a mini. IMO

Mr Keith. Good to see you back. We're with you on the Club Class deal. We tried it, but not really a good value for us. BTW, missed you guys in Ensenada last cruise (remember the whistle?)

We are just back from a CC experience on the Royal. We had a full suite, which we enjoyed. But the CC experience at lunch and dinner had deteriorated from the Caribbean last yeat. True, we did get seated quickly. And dinner service was quite good, probably because we chose to sit in the same servers' section each night. Unfortunately the lunch service was creepy and snarky with mixed up dishes several times. But the menu, almost completely the same as the main dining room. And food quality not good: Uncooked french fries, bizarre Phad Thai, etc. I don't think the mini-suite is such a good value.

What about extra tipping in Club Class? We asked the front desk about it and they said No need to tip. But that last night when we didn't tip, we could tell the servers were VERY disappointed. What do others do? And if you tip, how much? Next month it will be a 7 day Alaska cruise on Emerald. We felt so uncomfortable after not tipping that last day that we almost feel like not going back to CC.

What about extra tipping in Club Class? We asked the front desk about it and they said No need to tip. But that last night when we didn't tip, we could tell the servers were VERY disappointed. What do others do? And if you tip, how much? Next month it will be a 7 day Alaska cruise on Emerald. We felt so uncomfortable after not tipping that last day that we almost feel like not going back to CC.

On our last cruise we did not tip extra in Club Class, we left our auto gratuities on and felt that covered it. I'm guessing some people will disagree with me on this one, but that is what we did. I noticed some people were handing out envelopes to the staff working in Club Class, but not everyone. My feeling is Princess has determined what is fair for gratuities, and I am fine with their decision.

On our last cruise we did not tip extra in Club Class, we left our auto gratuities on and felt that covered it. I'm guessing some people will disagree with me on this one, but that is what we did. I noticed some people were handing out envelopes to the staff working in Club Class, but not everyone. My feeling is Princess has determined what is fair for gratuities, and I am fine with their decision.

Thanks, Vantec! I agree with Princess's tipping policy, too. It was our first time in a full suite and we did want to do the right thing and I'm glad to know that you felt an extra tip was optional.

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread. I started the question long ago and now I am as confused as ever. HOWEVER I realize that an extra $50 /pp/day is excessive. I am on the Panama Canal cruise on April 9 with the Sip ans Sail package.

I wonder if Princess will let me change to a regular Veranda without screwing me!! ANYBODY know???