Pacific Princess (post refurbishment) tour

CCruiser1234

Thanks for the information and for sharing the wonderful video. It's definitely putting the Pacific Princess at the top of the list for a cruise in 2019!

You are very welcome, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Took a lot of film while I was there, I’m sure you’ll get great opportunities yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob221b1

Thank you so much for posting the video. We were in the same suite for 18 nights last June/July 2017 after drydock. Some things were changed like the bed and sofa, but we still had the old chairs and light fixtures. Did they put USB ports in the new light fixtures?

Our photos of the suite can be found here:

http://www.websailor.org/index.php?/category/982

bob221b1

Thank you so much for posting the video. We were in the same suite for 18 nights last June/July 2017 after drydock. Some things were changed like the bed and sofa, but we still had the old chairs and light fixtures. Did they put USB ports in the new light fixtures?

You’re very welcome. There are three videos in playlist. Nope, there are not USB ports in the fixtures, but it didn’t matter to us, it was just a wonderful experience.

Thank you for your pictures, though I took a bunch myself!

If you want to see video of the trip, give me your email address and I will send you a link. Hope to see you on a Princess cruise or other!

Cheers,

Bob

Sigh ...... I SO love that ship. Thanks for the great video. I almost felt like I was back onboard.

The one thing I hated about the latest refurb was the horrible new high-back "chairs" on deck 5 near the area where the shops are. They were put out about midway thru our 23 days onboard last September/October, and they are far from comfortable and have no armrests. Whoever ordered them obviously didn't try sitting in them!! They look nice, but they sure don't make one feel like just leaning back and relaxing for a bit!

Enjoyed your videos. Will be on the Pacific Princess this June for the first time, looking forward to the cruise. Might not want to go back to the Royal or Regal type ships. Will be in a mini-suite, wondering if any videos of those cabins are available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoyed your videos. Will be on the Pacific Princess this June for the first time, looking forward to the cruise. Might not want to go back to the Royal or Regal type ships. Will be in a mini-suite, wondering if any videos of those cabins are available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you and have a wonderful time on Princess!

As to Mini Suite video, I don’t know, but I think you’ll be hard-pressed to find them of any good quality; it’s the reason I filmed in 4K – I wanted people to see far better quality than someone’s cell phone video at 480P [emoji849]

Really irked me that many people film via convenience and not quality. Cell phones/portrait versus landscape, etc.

Cheers,

Bob

• 1 month later...

The Pacific Princess is our favorite ship too. We have spent 7 weeks on her so far. We have always gotten a mini suite. Princess has put new photos of the cabin interiors on the web site. I am concerned because instead of the two comfortable arm chairs there is now a low back stool. I know I will never be comfortable in that. It looks like they have a low back chair at the desk also. We are booked for 5 weeks in 2019 but I am not sure I can stand 5 weeks without a good chair in the cabin.

The Pacific Princess is our favorite ship too. We have spent 7 weeks on her so far. We have always gotten a mini suite. Princess has put new photos of the cabin interiors on the web site. I am concerned because instead of the two comfortable arm chairs there is now a low back stool. I know I will never be comfortable in that. It looks like they have a low back chair at the desk also. We are booked for 5 weeks in 2019 but I am not sure I can stand 5 weeks without a good chair in the cabin.

5 weeks in a mini suite. Wow. Hope the chair works out for you [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you so much for posting this video. Awesome job. We were on the Pacific about 3 years ago and it was all very dark wood and colors. My DS said the atrium reminded him of the Haunted Mansion ride.

Boy will he be surprised when he sees this video. Can't wait to be back on her this August.

Wow great video and that ship is a beauty nothing like the others Princess I’ve been on. In the video it feels and look more like a Cunard experience.

Thanks for sharing

Sea ya

Éric

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Thank you so much for posting this video. Awesome job. We were on the Pacific about 3 years ago and it was all very dark wood and colors. My DS said the atrium reminded him of the Haunted Mansion ride.

Boy will he be surprised when he sees this video. Can't wait to be back on her this August.

Thank you, I really enjoyed making it; I absolutely loved our first time on her where this was made - November 2017 in the Adriatic [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone

Wow great video and that ship is a beauty nothing like the others Princess I’ve been on. In the video it feels and look more like a Cunard experience.

Thanks for sharing

Sea ya

Éric

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Thank you!

~Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Please watch at the highest resolution possible, including on a 4K television (The format in which I filmed).

Enjoy [emoji4]

~Bob

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmCdKjjN4xKZqMWKSwbqq_ygPR8Qa2RW5

I like the touch where you hosed down all the decks to bring out the color like they do on the home improvement shows. LOL

Thanks for the video.

I like the touch where you hosed down all the decks to bring out the color like they do on the home improvement shows. LOL

Thanks for the video.

Well that’s just the preproduction bit in me, I aim to please

[emoji28]

Post is where the real fun is. The entire film of the cruise came out really well, especially pops on a 4K television.

~Bob

Well that’s just the preproduction bit in me, I aim to please

[emoji28]

Post is where the real fun is. The entire film of the cruise came out really well, especially pops on a 4K television.

~Bob

Glad you went those extra steps just for us!:cool:

Please watch at the highest resolution possible, including on a 4K television (The format in which I filmed).

Enjoy [emoji4]

~Bob

We did the Panama transit just before her refurbishment and were anxious to see what she looked like. Thanks so much for posting this!

Nice 4K video; watched it on my Samsung 4K tv. Thanks for posting. Is this your fav Princess ship?

Thank you. Yes, but for sentimental reasons- Island Princess a close 2nd.

What I REALLY would like to know is when Princess’ 2020 schedules will be out. Want to do. World cruise segment on PP, if we can- really like this ship [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone

Enjoy [emoji4]

~Bob

Great video. Thanks for sharing with us.

I was also on the 50th Anniversary Cruise, a special cruise, 🚢 given all of the Love Boat TV cast was there.

I organized the Meet & Greet Party.

Here’s a photo Incase you don’t remember me.

855A2740-DC24-4490-8216-C7112D3DA330_zpsawdr1ppn.jpeg

Yes a great ship which we hope will be around for a long time given its history.

Tom😎