Global Entry at Port Everglades

GE Mom

I forgot to mention that, when we returned from our Zuiderdam cruise on March 11, we found our Global Entry status to be a major benefit. After we retrieved our baggage, we were able to pass HUNDREDS of people lined up for customs, and literally go to the head of the line. We were off the ship, through customs and on the curb within 5 minutes. So our $100 was well spent. And I really consider it to be $15, since TSA Precheck is $85 and you only have to pay $100 for both Precheck and global entry.

The best $100.00 you'll ever spend.

I couldn't agree more. Unless you're traveling with friends who don't have it, then you have to cool your jets outside waiting for them to get through the line.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

You can also use the Customs & Border Patrol Mobile Passport app in PE. DW and I have Global Entry and her dad used the Mobile Passport app. Same line. Same time savings.

You can also use the Customs & Border Patrol Mobile Passport app in PE. DW and I have Global Entry and her dad used the Mobile Passport app. Same line. Same time savings.

They weren't using Mobile Passport this past February. Customs/Immigration line was so backed up they had to stop disembarkation for a while. When we got off, I went looking for the Mobile App line and was told they didn't do that any more. Not sure if that's true, the staff were very confused that day.

They weren't using Mobile Passport this past February. Customs/Immigration line was so backed up they had to stop disembarkation for a while. When we got off, I went looking for the Mobile App line and was told they didn't do that any more. Not sure if that's true, the staff were very confused that day.
Probably confused people. It's still available according to the CBP and the port.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/mobile-passport/

Probably confused people. It's still available according to the CBP and the port.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/mobile-passport/

It worked well the year before, so I was very disappointed. The app let me go through the whole process. I had the "receipt," but she wouldn't even look at it. I even said "Why did the system let me do this if I can't use it?" and she had no answer. I hope I never have to disembark at FLL on a Sunday again! 3 agents for all of K'dam's passengers.

I used Mobile Passport in PE on March 4. There was literally no one in the Global Entry/Mobile Passport lane.

Don't forget Mobile passport is free (but Port Everglades is the only cruise port where it is in use, in addition to a number of international airports).

When I got to the desk an assistant told me I didn't need my phone with the receipt page despite the app saying to have it ready. Whatever, I saved a bunch of time having the app and using the lane.

Of course I ended up waiting longer for the Alamo shuttle than I saved with Mobile Passport, but it was a nice day so I didn't mind being outside. :)

We used mobile passport in PE last month. They just waved us through . We bypassed the loooonnnngg line . They never even looked at our passport even after saying they were not accepting mobile passport that day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used mobile passport in PE last month. They just waved us through . We bypassed the loooonnnngg line . They never even looked at our passport even after saying they were not accepting mobile passport that day

How did you get past the line if they said they weren't using mobile passport?

I couldn't agree more. Unless you're traveling with friends who don't have it, then you have to cool your jets outside waiting for them to get through the line.:)

Yep! This time we will be traveling with others who do not have it.

We'll be experiencing flashbacks as we wait in line again! HAHA! :o

How did you get past the line if they said they weren't using mobile passport?

We headed toward the Mobile Passport line and the attendant said they weren’t accepting it at this time . We started to go back to the other line and she said we could just go through. So we did