Harmony Live, March 10th to 17th - If you need me, call me on my shell.

Shore excursions have been long booked, BOGO meals reserved, and we have set early dining. And yes, there is no flow rider on this ship. I repeat, there is no flow rider.

31b929d83c8392213c134bd2cb8de4c3.jpg

We sailed Alaska southbound on Radiance summer before last. It was the most amazing cruise I have ever been on. You won’t miss the flow rider at all. The astounding beauty of every square mile will more than make up for it.

Have a great time, looking forward to your live adventure! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was the first winter in 15 years that we were unable to take a cruise (health reasons). We also live in a snow area and always enjoy getting away from it usually for two weeks.

Following along with you helped ease the pain of not being there. Thank you for your great review.

And yes, there is no flow rider on this ship. I repeat, there is no flow rider.

You already seemed stressed that there is no Flowrider. I think you need to take Lucy as your emotional support animal. I’m sure the other cruisers won’t mind.

Either that or find a peacock.

Andrew, again it was nice meeting you on this cruise. Even though we took a million pictures and had a great time, I believe your live review will be the best way for me to recover the feel of that cruise in a few months.

Thanks for taking the time to do it. BTW Josh our Genie was great as well, even though we didn’t getting the Magnum PI treatment!IMG_4234.thumb.jpg.4094db6bd8e633d15d73caf52a450a22.jpg

Oh yea and I have to book this Tiki Cruise next time. Too funny seeing that thing buzz up the Inter-coastal past water taxis.

IMG_4256.jpg.36e37752e949f553ffed0a6932e46db6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoyed your review as always. I hope you love the Radiance... we were on the Serenade for our 10th anniversary back in '04 on an Alaskan cruise RT from Vancouver. I was surprised I was able to talk my shorts-loving t-shirt wearing hubby into going to Alaska, but it has remained one of our favorite trips. Went horseback riding near Emerald Lake from Skagway, took a helicopter tour and landed on a glacier in Juneau, and kayaked in Ketchikan. Also flew in a couple of days early to enjoy Vancouver... loved Stanley Park, and they had a fantastic fireworks display the night before we boarded the ship. The Radiance class is beautiful... lots of glass, and you won't forget you're on a ship. ;)

Oh, and yes, thanks for the W T Forecast app. It's now on my phone and has given some great descriptions of today's cruddy weather. ;p

W T Forcast. Just put the W and T together with Forcast.

Heads up to any live reviewers, I will recommend that you don’t use the vulgar version on CC. I got a little hand slap on this review, and lost a point on my account even though I blurred out enough of the bad words that you still got the idea. I don’t want the same to happen to you.

I give credit to fellow CC member Constable145for bringing this app to my attention. It has made all of us laugh.

Welcome to the club. I have a few (maybe a few more) but never for vulgar words. These are things we are prohibited from mentioning on here. [emoji33]

Milwaukee8, we did not make it to downtown St Thomas so there are no reports to come back. Hopefully you have better luck when you are there in the next few weeks.

You can call me M8 for short. Oh, sorry to hear no new watch this trip. I have on in mind.

Thanks for the great review.

Now, if that type of cruising isn’t for you I have some better news. Four months today our group, Lisa, Owen, Sharon and I, are heading North West to Alaska.

After a three day land tour we will board Radiance of the Seas in Seaward Alaska, for a south bound sailing ending in Vancouver Canada.

Shore excursions have been long booked, BOGO meals reserved, and we have set early dining. And yes, there is no flow rider on this ship. I repeat, there is no flow rider.

Four months, less a day or so, watch for my next live review.

31b929d83c8392213c134bd2cb8de4c3.jpg

Thanks for the great review. Loved following you and the family on your adventure.

Can’t wait to hear about this adventure! This is exactly the land tour/cruise I want to do. Just got to convince my husband. Looking forward to it, until then good luck with your car trip.

Jenni

Welcome back to the snow Andrew!

As usual, enjoyed following you all on this cruise.

Alaska! My favorite (other than Canada/New England) cruise. Serenade and Jewel are my two favs so hope you enjoy the Radiance!

Andrew...thanks for taking the time to do the reviews. I followed it while I was sailing Anthem last week and just re-read it all again back at home this morning. Love the flow rider videos. My 10 year old is so excited to try it next year on Harmony as it was too cold on Anthem. She's a lot smaller in size compared to Owen so not sure how that will go.

Two questions:

That pic from the cabana in Labadee...was that a beach front cabana? B2? And do Star Class guests get first dibs on which cabanas they want?

You also mentioned several times that Lisa liked the beach pool a lot. Does the Genie typically reserve chairs at the pool for Star Class guests?

Hello All!

After emerging from the piles of laundry I have found myself in the same position at work, only with paperwork. Tonight I will review that last days questions/comments and get back to you all.

I need a cruise to get back to my happy place.

Hello All!

After emerging from the piles of laundry I have found myself in the same position at work, only with paperwork. Tonight I will review that last days questions/comments and get back to you all.

I need a cruise to get back to my happy place.

It’s back to the high 70’s low 80’s here in Florida. I think you brought a bit of a cold spell on us for a bit.

Thanks for the great review. Loved following you and the family on your adventure.

Can’t wait to hear about this adventure! This is exactly the land tour/cruise I want to do. Just got to convince my husband. Looking forward to it, until then good luck with your car trip.

Jenni

I'm trying to convince my husband to do Alaska land & sea, too. Please let me know if you find a way to convince your husband so I can try it on mine!

8fcfa8fdc6667a9515508a34e27478b4.jpg

Andrew, I love this picture!

Thanks for the awesome review. It was my 1st time following you and have started reading previous ones beginning with the RLS cabin review. Thank you for sharing your family (and adventures) with us.

Hi! Thanks for the review! This has got me excited for our cruise on Harmony - exact same itinerary on April 7! Looks like you didn’t eat in the MDR much/at all, but wondering if you can confirm which nights were formal nights? Thanks!

Sebastian is top shelf. He took great care of us and our niece last September even with the three “bonus” nights from the hurricane. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. It was great fun.

Just received an email that Sebastian will not be our Royal Genie in 3/31 as he’s off to the Symphony. He is being replaced by Valentina. Has anyone had Valentina as a Royal Genie?

Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear that you all made it home safely and thank you for your cruise review :) I’m looking forward to sailing on Harmony in 20 months or so from now, this will be my first cruise on an Oasis-class ship!

Is the gentleman in the photo Captain Johnny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you like the Oasis Class like we do. Once we stepped for on them it was hard to look back.

As for the photo, it is Captain Johnny. We have sailed with him a fair amount and over time and Twitter we have developed a nice friendship. He called our cabin the one night.

Lisa answered, “Hello”. Next thing I hear Lisa say is, “Hello Captain Johnny”. They talked for a few minutes and then Lisa says, “I would guess you are looking for Andrew”. Needless to say we had a great visit, even though he is a man with limited time.

Radiance?

Given that your last 4 cruises have been on the Harmony, the Radiance will feel like the Staten Island Ferry in terms of size. Looks like an awesome itinerary though; want to go to Alaska on Ovation.

Thanks for a great review!

I think an Oasis Class ship cold calve out a Radiance Class ship. Ovation would have been nice but we wanted more time in Alaska.

Thanks for taking us on your journey.

We were on Radiance last year Seward-Vancouver; it was amazing! We also spent 2 land weeks in Alaska - it is well worth taking the extra time

We have sailed before to Alaska before. Once Southbound on The Dawn Princess and roundtrip from Vancouver on Serenade.

Andrew thanks again for the great review! So glad that you all made it home safely and that your welcoming party of one was waiting for you!

Can’t wait for your Alaskan Adventure! It will be fun to see what excursions that you have planned.

We just did the 9 day on Radiance last year with 3 days in Anchorage on our own at the end. Alaska is just so beautiful!

I’m not going to be a spoiler, but it’s almost like planes, trains and automobiles.

Welcome home. Great picture or you, Owen and Captain Johnny. We had him on Allure 2 years ago. Guess they switch ships every once in awhile. I liked him...good personality (and he did a good job at steering the ship which of course is always important too). Thanks again for the great live review.

Do you have any cruises booked between now and Symphony?

Radiance to Alaska in July and Allure this September.

Very cool.

Yes.

Andrew

Thanks as always job well done You had us all laughing at some point Sharon will miss all the food and drinks and I hope Owen gets his height before you board the next ship with a flowrider Again thanks

Sharon I

Your welcome Sharon. Our Sharon has already missed the stewards.

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip! It has made me all the more excited for our cruise next month (we are bumpering 3 days in FLL and 3 days in MCO at either end). It will be my first cruise in many years but I hope I can convince the family to make it a regular part of our lives.

I hope you can win them over, otherwise you might need a new family. [emoji6]

Sign on the wall at our Vet: "Dogs come when they are called, cats take a message and get back to you". Yup

Lucy has given us the cold shoulder since Saturday night’s window staring. In fact she wasn’t around Sunday, nor Monday. Her longest road trip was 3 weeks. We stopped in at our neighbour’s farm half a mile away, where she was born, and they reported that she had been there since Sunday. Lucy.

We could not find her there this morning, but got to see their donkeys and mini ponies. They said they would call us when she appeared. This afternoon just before 4 saying she was sleeping on their side porch in the sun. Lisa drove over there and after some coaxing Lisa was finally able to pick her up.

She contently rode home in the passenger seat and then proceeded to ignore us once she got home.

df36a26efd236d00dd6d452ddcb75d93.jpg

She really likes car rides. This was here making the exact same trip last summer. Riding on the arm rest of the truck looking out.

9a2015ffeb03225e8c66464a31a5d1c5.jpg

Great Job. Wife and I sail on Harmony in July.

Enjoy her.

This was the first winter in 15 years that we were unable to take a cruise (health reasons). We also live in a snow area and always enjoy getting away from it usually for two weeks.

Following along with you helped ease the pain of not being there. Thank you for your great review.

I am glad to help. Hopefully next winter you can take that cruise.

Thanks for doin the live review & all the great pics! Much appreciated.

Your welcome.

We sailed Alaska southbound on Radiance summer before last. It was the most amazing cruise I have ever been on. You won’t miss the flow rider at all. The astounding beauty of every square mile will more than make up for it.

Have a great time, looking forward to your live adventure! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is hard to beat that scenery.

You already seemed stressed that there is no Flowrider. I think you need to take Lucy as your emotional support animal. I’m sure the other cruisers won’t mind.

Either that or find a peacock.

This might be the best quote of the review.

Enjoyed your review as always. I hope you love the Radiance... we were on the Serenade for our 10th anniversary back in '04 on an Alaskan cruise RT from Vancouver. I was surprised I was able to talk my shorts-loving t-shirt wearing hubby into going to Alaska, but it has remained one of our favorite trips. Went horseback riding near Emerald Lake from Skagway, took a helicopter tour and landed on a glacier in Juneau, and kayaked in Ketchikan. Also flew in a couple of days early to enjoy Vancouver... loved Stanley Park, and they had a fantastic fireworks display the night before we boarded the ship. The Radiance class is beautiful... lots of glass, and you won't forget you're on a ship. ;)

Oh, and yes, thanks for the W T Forecast app. It's now on my phone and has given some great descriptions of today's cruddy weather. ;p

Our first cruise, our honeymoon cruise, was Alaska. We spent a week afterwards in Vancouver. It was the best of both worlds.

Jenni

I suspect if you get your husband to follow this review you might have him booked before we disembark the ship.

Andrew, again it was nice meeting you on this cruise. Even though we took a million pictures and had a great time, I believe your live review will be the best way for me to recover the feel of that cruise in a few months.

Thanks for taking the time to do it. BTW Josh our Genie was great as well, even though we didn’t getting the Magnum PI treatment![ATTACH]416856[/ATTACH]

Oh yea and I have to book this Tiki Cruise next time. Too funny seeing that thing buzz up the Inter-coastal past water taxis.

[ATTACH]416857[/ATTACH]

Tiki cruise, looks like a great way to start a cruise. Hopefully we get to sail on the same ship again, as it was fun meeting you. Until then take good care of that hat. I expect to see it again.

Do you remember seeing a Chocolate Buffett in the lido deck one night during dinner ? I've see some pics of it on shipmate, but saw on here where it isn't done every week.

I asked Sharon, and she didn’t. If anyone would remember a chocolate fountain, she would.

It’s back to the high 70’s low 80’s here in Florida. I think you brought a bit of a cold spell on us for a bit.

Can you push some of the warm air up this way, please.

I'll have my bags packed for Alaska. Great review as always.

PS - I share your raisin hatred.

High five, to both your comments.

Love the flow rider videos. My 10 year old is so excited to try it next year on Harmony as it was too cold on Anthem. She's a lot smaller in size compared to Owen so not sure how that will go.

Two questions:

That pic from the cabana in Labadee...was that a beach front cabana? B2? And do Star Class guests get first dibs on which cabanas they want?

You also mentioned several times that Lisa liked the beach pool a lot. Does the Genie typically reserve chairs at the pool for Star Class guests?

It had taken Owen a while to get comfortable on the wave, but your ten year old will love it.

As for your questions Star Class gets first choice, then Sky Class, followed by Sea Class. If there are any remaining they got out to remaining cabins on board.

As for the beach pool or any other pool it is the same as everyone. First come come first serve. Suite guests have their section at the Suite Sundeck.

His socks are on backward! Port (left) side is red, not green.

I’m lucky if I get a pair of black socks on the right feet. [emoji846]

Hi! Thanks for the review! This has got me excited for our cruise on Harmony - exact same itinerary on April 7! Looks like you didn’t eat in the MDR much/at all, but wondering if you can confirm which nights were formal nights? Thanks!

Thank-you. As for formal night, we are thinking it was second and fifth night.

8fcfa8fdc6667a9515508a34e27478b4.jpg

Andrew, I love this picture!

Thanks for the awesome review. It was my 1st time following you and have started reading previous ones beginning with the RLS cabin review. Thank you for sharing your family (and adventures) with us.

Thank-you. Our family has had some ups and downs over the years. It will be a hard next week, as it would have Allie’s birthday as well as the anniversary of her passing. Death is part of life but we all expect it to come later in life.

As my grandmother said at 92, “I’m closer to the end than the beginning” and she was right. I also have a philosophy, those that leave us early become the welcoming party for the next to go. It doesn’t make it any easier but life isn’t always easy.

I hope you will join us on our next adventure. As for the photo, I can thank an iPhone App, wth a bit of skill/luck on my part.

I'm trying to convince my husband to do Alaska land & sea, too. Please let me know if you find a way to convince your husband so I can try it on mine!

Same advice for you. Get your husband to follow along and I suspect you will be booking it shortly after. If not, go with the other reader who’s husband won’t. ;)

Just received an email that Sebastian will not be our Royal Genie in 3/31 as he’s off to the Symphony. He is being replaced by Valentina. Has anyone had Valentina as a Royal Genie?

I haven’t met Valentina before but I am fairly sure you will be in good hands. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by A&L_Ont