**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

Edited by Dalton51

I keep hearing all these complaints about their website but I personally have never experienced it. One of the perks of transferring to a TA, I've never had to deal with payments through RC's website. Seems like most of the complaints involve that.

I have had issues on the site, but it usually is my Cache or browser and not RCCL's technology. It is tough to manage a very complicated process on the web with so many browsers (outdated and poorly maintained on the users side-not saying this is the case-just had a lot of experience with it). But when I had an issue, using a different browser taught me quickly who had the problem. In reality, I'm with most of the respondents. I haven't had an issue that was on their side. Remember, if their site isn't working, they are making any money. I'm pretty sure they'd be all over it.

There web site SUCKS!! Its the worst I have ever dealt with by FAR!!! I am still having problem with the junk. Can't see nothing about my cruise I am going on in 24 days. No packages or anything. Just plan out junk.

Its a shame on there part. It really is. Been like this for a month. Come on RCC get your **** together.

I have had issues on the site, but it usually is my Cache or browser and not RCCL's technology. It is tough to manage a very complicated process on the web with so many browsers (outdated and poorly maintained on the users side-not saying this is the case-just had a lot of experience with it). But when I had an issue, using a different browser taught me quickly who had the problem. In reality, I'm with most of the respondents. I haven't had an issue that was on their side. Remember, if their site isn't working, they are making any money. I'm pretty sure they'd be all over it.

What browser are you using for site?

What browser are you using for site?

I have a Mac but use Chrome for my main browser and Safari as a back-up. If one is acting up or not displaying correctly, I'll use the other as a test. That usually fixes it or confirms it's me and not them. For PC users, you can use Chrome or IE (internet explorer). If things are broken on both, time to make a phone call to RCCL or whoever you are surfing cause maybe their tech support can help.

Hope it helps.

I have a Mac but use Chrome for my main browser and Safari as a back-up. If one is acting up or not displaying correctly, I'll use the other as a test. That usually fixes it or confirms it's me and not them. For PC users, you can use Chrome or IE (internet explorer). If things are broken on both, time to make a phone call to RCCL or whoever you are surfing cause maybe their tech support can help.

Hope it helps.

Chrome has known problems with the site. Try FIrefox.

If your having a issue logging in go to another os like IE if your using chrome and vice versa. The site wasn't loading and or once on the site wouldn't go to the next page of booking. Some one also suggested clearing your cookies. I find I have a lot of issues like that using google chrome, but not all the time. As for the reservation part... I totally agree my cruise planner page does not reflect same prices. I have on one page one amount a much higher amount and no payments reflecting. I go by the invoice emailed to me. I found talking to a live person was far easier then dealing with the site. Hope it works out for you.

Agreed that they have a serious IT problem. You won't hear anyone talking about what browser they need to use or how they need to clear their cache when shopping on Amazon, do you? In this day and age, there's no excuse for how temperamental the Royal Caribbean website is.

RC does not work well with Chrome. Which is a shame. I use Chrome for everything but RC website. So I understand the frustration, but it doesn't mean I won't cruise with them. Good luck. Each cruise line will have something you don't like.

Chrome has known problems with the site. Try FIrefox.

Lol, for me it is the opposite. I have problems with Firefox so have been using Chrome and Safari to get in to my planner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had so many problems booking we almost didn't book. We tried everything, clearing cookies, using a different browser ( I use Chrome 99% of the time, but we also tried safari and firefox), using an incognito browser. Nothing worked well. It is very rare we have issues with any other website. No issues booking Disney cruises or vacations. No issues with any other vacation web pages. I know other people have reported issues with NCL, but we haven't run into that yet. Princess wont let me browse on their site since I am not in the mainland USA (living in a US territory is a pain sometimes) so we wont book with them at all.

I did find that it was easier to book the cruise, then change the staterooms (we wanted staterooms near each other) then to try to select the staterooms together because if we did that it would take me to a blank page or back to the search page. That was using firefox.

I realize I could call, but it was my husband and myself, on the phone with my Mother in Law while we discussed and booked. Even if it was just me, I like to have everything in front of me. I always feel like I am missing something on the phone, even if I take notes.

I don't know how anyone is defending RC's website. It is an absolute joke and by far the worst travel website of a major provider I have ever had to deal with.

I use chrome and have to clear my history about every week before the site will work. But why on earth should I even have to do that?

I don't ever have to do that with Disney, or Disney Cruise Line, or Universal, or any hotel website, or heck even the airline websites.

How anyone can say the problem is "on my side, not theirs" is beyond me. It is 2017, I shouldn't have to do anything on my side. I shouldn't have to use this browser or that browser. I should just be able to use my browser and go to their website and have it work like every other website out there.

You'd think it was 1995 with the way their website functions.

Ha ha! Just logged in and got the message, "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time."

What does that even mean? C'mon, Royal Caribbean, figure this out!!!

One reason that happens is if someone X's out of the browser when looking at the reservation. The timeout is around 20 minutes.

That means RC is in there doing something to the reservation. It's happened to me a few times on each reservation over the years. About 5 times when this happen I got an upgrade to a better room. It could have been coincidence but I never complained.

In general the site is fairly horrible.

http://www.goneawayagain.com

We went on a cruise to the S. Caribbean and at Bonaire, my husband could not dive because of an age limit on the dive excursion. So now we are looking at a cruise on Liberty out of Galveston. He wanted to know if he could dive at the ports, but until the cruise is booked, how to you know what excursions there are, I wondered.

I managed to find that you can download a brochure that show the excursions for the cruise date. It showed the age restrictions were for being too young - not our problem for sure.

I know there are problems with the site, but finding this excursion brochure was a huge help to us. For once I can say something positive about the site! :)

I would call if the site was giving problems with our cruise account. The ship does not reflect the site.