Is Robert Camby Still captain on Azura?

janny444

What an Amazing Captain. We were with him on a Greek Island cruise last October and he had his family with him. It was lovely seeing him push his young son around the deck each day or trying to get him to sleep at night. He was so proud when his son produced his first tooth that he announced it to the whole ship. By the end of the cruise he wasn't known as 'The Captain', but 'A........'s Daddy'.

Cruising with him was such a pleasure. We sail on Oriana tomorrow but do not yet know who our Captain will be.

Hi...fingers crossed that he is still on in April but I have a feeling he won't be . He really is amazing....one of the best....and his thought for the day....some real funnies and certainly thought provoking....a real asset to P&O

He was on Jan 27th.......he is brilliant....very dry sense of humour...we used to love his "thought for the day" lol

We also loved his thought for the day. The best was "money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does keep you in touch with your kids!"

What an Amazing Captain. We were with him on a Greek Island cruise last October and he had his family with him. It was lovely seeing him push his young son around the deck each day or trying to get him to sleep at night. He was so proud when his son produced his first tooth that he announced it to the whole ship. By the end of the cruise he wasn't known as 'The Captain', but 'A........'s Daddy'.

Cruising with him was such a pleasure. We sail on Oriana tomorrow but do not yet know who our Captain will be.

Hello Windsong

We were with you on the Greek Island cruise with the gorgeous Capt Camby. I remember you from the CC meet when the Captain joined us with the hotel manager and made our get together very special. I have some lovely photographs of the occasion . We are off next on Aurora to the Caribbean next month. Enjoy your cruising and hope to meet up again on the high seas.

We also loved his thought for the day. The best was "money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does keep you in touch with your kids!"

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Captain Robert Camby married us on board the Azura of the 14th February. :hearteyes: What a looker!! Unfortunately his last day sailing on board the Azura was the 24th February. He was to take 3 months off and would not be returning to the Azura but would be back sailing with P&O on another ship.

Is this a given,rumour or? someone on FB is disputing this but does not feel inclined to elaborate why. Thanks

This is correct. Captains work on a 3 month rota. Three months on three months off and may not return to the same ship.

I have heard....but possibly just a rumour...that when he returns he will be on the Oceana.

My understanding is that he is going to Oceana as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oceana when? We are on Oceana in April and upset that our much loved Capt Willard probably wont be on there. If there is an equally loved Captain (by others) on there then that will not be too bad !!

Oceana when? We are on Oceana in April and upset that our much loved Capt Willard probably wont be on there. If there is an equally loved Captain (by others) on there then that will not be too bad !!

Not sure when he would take over as he may be due leave. I agree about Capt. Andy Willard.

Any news when Dai?

We are due on her very soon and it seems that our favourite Capt is getting off soon .... :(

If they are changing any rumours where Capt Willard is going to after 3 years?

One of my customers in my cruising circle has sailed with Captain Camby and she said he became known on the cruise as "Captain EyeCandy"... :'):'):'):'):')

Ha ha ha....certainly is that! but not only that. Many a time we would see him walking through the public areas and and asking " his staff" ....from "basic" level up to management... if everything was going ok and if they were alright. Also his " Thought For The Day" have now become legendary....every day he would announce " his thought" and some of them were so funny but certainty to the point. He came across as a very " hands on" and approachable captain....absolutely great.

We have had Robert Camby on Azura and thought he was great (my husband had a signed birthday card from him!) But before that we also had him on Oriana - loved his last day announcement when he thanked all the crew for their help. Seems very respected by his crew.

We have had Robert Camby on Azura and thought he was great (my husband had a signed birthday card from him!) But before that we also had him on Oriana - loved his last day announcement when he thanked all the crew for their help. Seems very respected by his crew.

Exactly like our Captain Willard (sorry to keep putting a good word in for him but they seem like they are made from the same mould).

Am now hoping that if we have to have a new Captain on Oceana it is Captain Camby .................. hubby's birthday on board and I like tall, dark and handsome. :D;)

Sorry to disappoint all you P&O ladies, Robert Camby is now on Cunard 'Queen Victoria' as I post. ( 17th March 2018) I understand this is for a temporary rotation.

:( I just hope now that my favourite Captain stays on Oceana over April --- though I doubt it as he is due leave.

I suppose, as long as it is someone who gets us from A to B safety and who takes care of the crew and passengers, then I should be pleased,

(Just hope it isn't the one we had on Ventura in August .............)